HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Semenov's Recent Play

Old
01-30-2009, 05:37 PM
Pure Rock Fury*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Pure Rock Fury*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerK View Post
Rathje 2.0?
Let's not get crazy here. Semenov is doing better, but he's far from a great defensive dman.

Pure Rock Fury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 05:46 PM
icancook
Sharks Homer....

Semenov's play is a reflection of the coaching staff. They have menotred him and give him counsel and he was rewarded with more ice time. I saw Seme's hits earlier this week. That boy can inflict some pain. I also like the fact that he is not afraid to fight if necessary. He's playing taller.

icancook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 08:16 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroDan View Post
Until lately, I would wait for the Ref's hand to go up in a 1 goal game late in the third...
Not lately. I agree that his dual roles have helped his confidence.

edit*** 1st post!
Welcome to the board!

Semenov WAS a 2nd rd pick and was the OHL defenseman of the year, so obviously, he has talent. I hope he keep up the good play, thought he was a good depth signing last year.

01-30-2009, 08:17 PM
VP and GM
Havlat is gone!

Please, lets not confuse a role playing doing well in a system that can chip in a
decent game or two now and then from a player that can maintain consistant level of play over 82+ games of the season.

I'm glad to see him using his size and being able to contribute. I like him much better
as a physical D and a 4th line forward

VP and GM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 12:07 AM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-SHARKIE View Post
He's really playing well and with confidence. Under Ron Wilson, if Semenov made one mistake, he wouldn't play again for 10+ games sometimes. The new coaching staff has allowed Semenov to take his bumps early in the year and haven't waivered in going to him despite those. They also tried the forward experiment and made it clear that he is a part of this team.

Lately he has been skating really well
and is making high percentage plays with the puck. His size and reach are both tremendous assets that he is beginning to assertively deploy on the ice. He played a good game against Colorado and I thought he was even better against Phoenix last night. That hard wrap around play he made in the final minute was a crucial play at a critical moment in the game.

Keep it up Semenov You can't help but pull for him, especially with his positive attitude that he kept during some rough times.
I agree pretty much on all points. He's playing with a lot more confidence and making good decisions. The thing I noticed most though is his skating. He typically is slow as molasses starting but the past couple games, he started with more short choppy strides and getting speed quicker. He's also turning better. I don't know if that is confidence or is someone is working with him.

I noticed last year he was decent when give consistent ice time but this is by far the best he's played since he's been here.

01-31-2009, 01:45 AM
Danish Pastry
this is dream!

i think it is his foot speed... i mean last year he got beat so many times because he couldnt react fast enough...

but yeah this year i dont think we will loose every game he is out there...

gg semenov... gg...

Danish Pastry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 11:25 AM
Blackbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerK View Post
Rathje 2.0?
Why would you want to wish that on the poor guy, especially now that he's coming around.

Blackbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 11:28 AM
Pure Rock Fury*

Send a message via AIM to Pure Rock Fury*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post
Why would you want to wish that on the poor guy, especially now that he's coming around.
I think he'd be exstatic to become an upper level shut down dman in the NHL at this point in his career.

Pure Rock Fury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 01:15 PM
renodave

His play of late has improved to the point where he has played like a serviceable bottom pairing D-Man, but I still think he's an accident waiting to happen. His decision making with the puck and positioning has improved dramatically, but his reaction time is still suspect IMO. I hope I'm wrong and he continues to prove me a liar.

renodave is offline   Reply With Quote