HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

message from canuck fans: get well steve moore

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 12:37 AM
BB

vCash: 500
I am embarassed too. Bert is selfish, pure and simple. He wanted to get back and him and now he will get a suspension, and i hope he takes teh time and thinks about his horrible decision! One of the lowest points in Canucks history, on a night the classiest canucks ever gets his franchise record point. I hope Moore gets well soon, i for one am sorry this happened

Old
03-09-2004, 12:39 AM
st_roland

The way most Nucks fans have acted tonight is MUCH appreciated by me and most Avalanche fans i'm sure. I'm not sure whether or not I believe there is a god, but i'm praying to him tonight for steve moore. Hes a classy guy, and a hard worker.

That said, I believe his hit on Naslund was dirty, but without an intent to injure. I wouldn't have been po'ed if cooke or someone else had laid a big hit on him, but what happened tonight will be a black mark on the sport of hockey and it really makes me sad. I'm glad that this board is here to post on, cause its kind of cathartic.

Last edited by st_roland: 03-09-2004 at 12:45 AM.
Old
03-09-2004, 12:44 AM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

I'm a Canuck fan living out of BC right now and I'm so ashamed I couldn't even talk to the guys I live with. I cannot fathom what happened and it's disgusting. To be completely honest I DOT NOT want Bertuzzi on my team anymore (and i'm not over-reacting, I doubt this view will change).

As an organization this is embarassing. Were I Burke I would impose an additional inner-organization penalty of some kind on Bertuzzi. And this is after we sign the f'ing goon to a long contract too.

I hope Moore gets well soon and is alright.

That being said, please don't attack the entire organization, all the fans and the city of Vancouver because of this.

(1) Player attacked Moore
(1) Drunken imbecile threw beer

Generalizing based on that isn't very cool.

Old
03-09-2004, 12:44 AM
Mizral

Every Canuck fan tonight sans a few idiots (very few, like, so far only 2 I've seen on all the boards) is thinking more about Moore than they are about Bertuzzi. No question about it.

Old
03-09-2004, 12:46 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

I wanted to see retribution, but no one wants to see THAT. What Bert did crossed the line...get well Steve, best wishes.

~Canucklehead~

03-09-2004, 12:48 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SopelFan
Is he supposed to jump on the ice?

I hope Moore is all right. I don't think anyone wanted this to happen.
look a coach is responsible for his players, when something as disgusting as this happens.
did anyone else notice the stupid grin on his face after while and after the incident?
i sure did.

Old
03-09-2004, 12:50 AM
Zodiac

I think anyone who's a hockey fan should say a prayer for Moore tonight.

That was brutal.

Hope he's gonna be alright.

Old
03-09-2004, 12:51 AM
ohlund2.2

I was happy with the Cooke/Moore fight..even though Cooke lost it.

Bert..I'm ashamed.

Old
03-09-2004, 12:52 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast
That being said, please don't attack the entire organization, all the fans and the city of Vancouver because of this.
honestly i like the class shown by canucks fans good for you guyz very nice of you.
and no way does this incident imply on how i feel about nucks fans, but how the organization reacts to this incident will answer how much class they have.

Old
03-09-2004, 12:53 AM
ohlund2.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
look a coach is responsible for his players, when something as disgusting as this happens.
did anyone else notice the stupid grin on his face after while and after the incident?
i sure did.

I think the grin was more for Aebischer backing out of the fight with Hedberg..

Crow looks really subdued in the post game conference.

Old
03-09-2004, 12:58 AM
Glacier

Steve Moore already answered the call with the Matt Cooke fight. Brad May also challanged him once, but Moore refused. Then May backed off, and unlike Bertuzzi, he stopped. But bertuzzi wanted to get at him all game long.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:10 AM
Hi-wayman

As a long time Canuck fan, I'm not only embarased, I hope our city makes sure that Bertuzzi is crimanally charged over this incedent. This city is not even going to care if we make the playoffs now.

Best wishes for Moore.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:11 AM
Red

I was at the game tonight and I'm ashamed and embarassed - not because we lost by a ridiculous score - but because Todd Bertuzzi wears the Canucks jersey. Just no excuse. What a gutless, gutless, disgusting play. He deserves to be suspended the rest of the season, no questions asked. I would even go so far as to suspend him for the entire playoffs. Just gutless.

My prayers are with Steve Moore. I really hope he's able to recover from this and play again.

Old
03-09-2004, 08:51 AM
LaVal

a selfish, stupid move that could completely change a person's career. it has no place in hockey and it makes me sick.

get well Moore... you didn't deserve that.

Old
03-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Every Canuck fan tonight sans a few idiots (very few, like, so far only 2 I've seen on all the boards) is thinking more about Moore than they are about Bertuzzi. No question about it.
Most of the posters on this board are pretty adult. Now canucks.com is another matter. It was scary reading the "fans" view there. But every team has them.

I feel sorry for the the good guys of Canuck team and the true canuck fans. Bertuzzi might have sunk your season due to his stupidity. A big shame.

Old
03-09-2004, 10:16 AM
Fedz

I for one was wrong in wanting the Canucks to get back at Steve Moore. I wanted a clean check given to him. Moore fought Cooke, who challegened him, which I think is enough for the kid to do. First ever fight. I feel awful that Bertuzzi would do something like that, and Im sure Bertuzzi does too. Not like his kid is going to enjoying seeing that. Beyond that, My condolences go out to Steve, his family and all his friends.

Old
03-09-2004, 11:08 AM
BigDman

Classy thread Nucks fans.
Just sorry you had to start it.
Get well soon Moore.

Old
03-09-2004, 03:43 PM
JDB3939

Send a message via AIM to JDB3939
Moore made bad judgement on a hit on whether to or not, and meant no real harm by his actions more than a big hit. Bertuzzi just lost his mind on this...

As an Avs fan I appreciate your sentiments Canucks fans. Let's hope that this incident won't cause further incidents, but we all know it will unfortunately. This incident is going to start a war for the next few years. I see this as much worse than the Lemieux hit on Draper which caused an all out war between the two teams over the next few seasons and even still today occasionally.

The NHL wants rivalries and boy did it ever get them the past week or so. Philadelphia and Ottawa. Colorado and Vancouver.

Old
03-09-2004, 05:18 PM
DuckyCanuck

No real fan or player wants so see another player go down like that.

I hope Moore gets better.

Old
03-09-2004, 05:56 PM
Yayo

Thanks, 'Nuck fans. You've all said very classy things and speaking for my fellow Avalanche fans, we all really appreciate it.

Get well soon, Steve.

Old
03-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedz
I for one was wrong in wanting the Canucks to get back at Steve Moore.
No you're not. Moore, even though it was legal IMO, took out your best player and needed to be sent a message that you don't take liberties with your stars. Cooke addressed it like a man and so did May. It's not your fault, or any other Nuck who wanted to send a message to Moore, that Bertuzzi behaved like a coward and went well beyond the parameters of what is acceptable retribution NHL style.

Old
03-09-2004, 06:12 PM
LaVal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian
Most of the posters on this board are pretty adult. Now canucks.com is another matter. It was scary reading the "fans" view there. But every team has them.

I feel sorry for the the good guys of Canuck team and the true canuck fans. Bertuzzi might have sunk your season due to his stupidity. A big shame.
real Canuck fans don't go to Canucks.com. it's just a forum for bandwagon 13 year olds.

Old
03-09-2004, 06:23 PM
ginner classic

Wow it has taken me a long time to put any coherent thoughts together and sort out how I feel about last night.

In short....it better be a season long suspension and playoffs or the league is a joke. I don't care that he is a Canuck.....I don't care that the season is now over for this team....I just never want to see that out of someone in a Canuck uniform ever again.

His selfish and stupid act put a young man's life in jeopardy, cost his team an entire season, tarnished the NHL's image at a critical time as they are going for a TV contract renewal, and probably (or at least I hope) disgusted every sane Canucks fan to the point of fury.

Last night just really highlights for me the difference between guys like Linden and Bertuzzi.

Old
03-09-2004, 07:29 PM
incawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner
Wow it has taken me a long time to put any coherent thoughts together and sort out how I feel about last night.

In short....it better be a season long suspension and playoffs or the league is a joke. I don't care that he is a Canuck.....I don't care that the season is now over for this team....I just never want to see that out of someone in a Canuck uniform ever again.

His selfish and stupid act put a young man's life in jeopardy, cost his team an entire season, tarnished the NHL's image at a critical time as they are going for a TV contract renewal, and probably (or at least I hope) disgusted every sane Canucks fan to the point of fury.

Last night just really highlights for me the difference between guys like Linden and Bertuzzi.
I agree with everything you said except for the part about the season being over for the Canucks. The team will go on without Bertuzzi. Maybe it's just blind homerism but I still feel that this team can be successful and make some noise in the playoffs.

Old
03-09-2004, 07:35 PM
Vincent_TheGreat

Send a message via ICQ to Vincent_TheGreat
get well Steve Moore. Bertuzzi you need to question yourself you pile of s***.

Closed Thread