HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT and Post Game Thread - Los Angeles Kings @ Montreal Canadiens 1/31/09 11:00AM PST

Old
02-01-2009, 11:55 AM
marajade

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grncobra76 View Post
owwweee....maybe so pissed we see a bench clearing brawl?! With Simmonds flying over the boards...ahh memories.
I'll never forget Deadmarsh skating to the box pointing and mouth colorful metaphors.
I remember that too. What happened during that game to get our Kings so pissed off and cause all that madness? Deader shouting all those colorful metaphors was very funny. It showed how emotional he was while he played. I like that and miss him a lot.

Here's to the Kings growing together and not taking anymore **** from anyone.

marajade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 12:10 PM
sueroe

I watched the game with a serious Montreal Canadian freak of a fan. He was waiting to watch the La vs Canadian match with me, and tends to make print outs at work of where La sits in the standings for me, etc.

He has never seen the Kings, and does not know the players, but ended up being very surprised and impressed with the Kings. It was refreshing to watch the game with him actually.

He said you can tell with the young legs on the team, they just keep going at the other team. Pk had created some good scoring chances, and they definitely made it hard on the Canadians.

It is so disappointing to see them lose in the way they did after playing such a strong game, but it is good to see that this team from goal tending on out can be competitive with any team on any given night whether home or on the road.

sueroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Kingswin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingOmatic View Post
Ah man, the Higgins hold was what really did it. It was text book penalty in open ice with the puck. You just dont miss that. The next time the Kings get called for a holding penalty i'm gonna get so pissed.

but you know what i dont blame the refs i blame canada!!

Blame Canada!
Blame Canada!
With their beaty little eyes
and the flappy heads full of lies
Blame Canada!
Blame Canada!

**i'm watching that movie tonight to calm me down**
made me laugh up my soup

Kingswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 12:57 PM
greengiant91

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2M View Post
In spite of that Montreal is still a fantastic city. Even I can admit that.
Who gives a crap about the city, its all about the women!

greengiant91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 02:15 PM
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Not to mention the first period goal wave-off. I'm still waiting for that mysterious camera angle that conclusively convinced someone to overrule the on-ice goal call.
I really do wish I had a link to it because CBC had an angle that convinced me and I was certain up until that point that they would have to let the call stand. It was a good 6-8" above the crossbar.

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 02:32 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

OMFG That open ice takedown on Doughty left me speechless!

WOW!

savemefromtears is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 02:53 PM
no name

This thread is starting to smell like body odor and french canadian beer.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:46 PM
butthead666

Canadiens in retarded inmate looking uniforms just got beat by Bruins. Canadiens are going nowhere this year and lucky win yesterday prevented what would have been an ugly 6 game slide. Carbonneau may soon be on hot seat.

butthead666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:46 PM
kindablu

I saw the end of the game and I was outraged but not surprised. This is the kind of crap that all Eastern teams deal with every time they play at the "Forum". It has been going on since Montreal was league headquarters. And now for the funny part...Habs fans think they are actually hard done by when refs do not decide the game in their favour.

kindablu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:47 PM
butthead666

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
This thread is starting to smell like body odor and french canadian beer.
A pretty good description of how Habs have been stinking it up on the ice as well.

butthead666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 04:31 PM
SLang

Thank god Boston smacked them today. I started a thread yesterday on the Boston board requesting and it quickly went to 4+ pages. I can't believe how soft MTL is, they were flopping down all over the ice against Boston today. Too bad about Lang, though.

KingsFanInRI - I think the telecast I watched yesterday was CBC (DTV Center Ice) so I probably saw the angle you're talking about, but none of the angles, to me, were conclusive.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Viper29

Ahhh one ****** game, move on boys, we got robbed of a win.. whatever, we're used to ****** luck as Kings fans. Move on to the Sens on Tuesday and forget this game ever happened

Viper29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Goallum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Just two?

This young man begs to differ...
At least, my friend, at least. You of all people should know what that "at least" means coming from me.

Goallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Goallum

FWIW, during the Caps-Sens game today, Brashear pulled exactly the same move on one of the Sens as Higgins on Doughty, and got sent to the box.

Old
02-01-2009, 09:55 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goallum View Post
FWIW, during the Caps-Sens game today, Brashear pulled exactly the same move on one of the Sens as Higgins on Doughty, and got sent to the box.
Did the guy he make the move on have full possession of the puck at the time? That appears to be the only reason out there why it wasn't holding - that typically it's the defender doing the holding. Since Higgins had the puck, there would be no pure obstruction penalty.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Goallum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Did the guy he make the move on have full possession of the puck at the time? That appears to be the only reason out there why it wasn't holding - that typically it's the defender doing the holding. Since Higgins had the puck, there would be no pure obstruction penalty.
Not 100% sure, but as far as I recall, it was also a free for all, the only difference being that it wasn't in the high slot, but in the right-hand corner.

Old
02-01-2009, 11:54 PM
Ollie Weeks

Washington was manhandling the Sens when I dropped in to watch. Really looking forward to Tuesday. Like a lot.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 01:19 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Higgins said in the Post game that it was a penalty and in his words he "got away with one" Things like this happen. It was a bad loss with bad calls. All we can do is hope the league looks at this and does something, not that we would ever know because the league does not release that information to anyone. Hopefully in two or three years we can crush this team in the Cup Finals.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 03:01 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
Higgins said in the Post game that it was a penalty and in his words he "got away with one" Things like this happen. It was a bad loss with bad calls. All we can do is hope the league looks at this and does something, not that we would ever know because the league does not release that information to anyone. Hopefully in two or three years we can crush this team in the Cup Finals.

as much as id loooove that, id rather that pathetic team and town dont see the playoffs at all

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
This game was cursed... I just remembered that because I missed the game, I also forgot to play my NHL 09 game against Montreal (I play a season along with the Kings in NHL 09 and usually play the game just before the Kings play theirs). I recently did a couple of trades and I usually have Bernier in net because he is amazing and very fast in the game, but they reset my lines, I fixed all my offensive and defensive combinations but forgot my goaltender.

So I have Ersberg in net instead of Bernier, but my lines are firing on all pistons. I am dominating the game on faceoffs, hits, possession, shots, etc etc... I mean this is the computer and it is not like it is that hard to beat the computer my record is like 36-3-2 or something like that. But I am just pounding away at Price and he is standing on his head saving everything but I finally get one by him (Frolov to Kopitar) near the end of the first blah blah blah.

To make a long story short, because I am irritated and want to go take it out on some Zombies in Left 4 Dead, Ersberg started letting every shot in even though the shots were like 28 to 6 in my favor and I was donw 2-1 in the bottom of the third and Price was stopping every freakin thing within a mile of him until I catch a break with 14 seconds left in the third I pass a long bomb to Kopitar but Markov got a stick on it and it went down in their zone, but Kopi won the race and was able to pull it to the crease and roof it.

So naturally I want to end it quick given that Ersberg isn't playing well and I don't want to risk overtime, so I am looking to get a goal and I go down the left wing with Frolov and go for the cross-ice pass to Kopitar for the win, but Kopitar misses it and it wraps around the boards to Doughty. Doughty is sitting on the red line waiting for the puck and it takes a bounce over his stick, is picked up by Montreal for a breakaway (not really since Jack was back there but since 09 sucks and won't let you control players that aren't within 6 inches of the puck he was useless) and naturally they score and end it 3-2 with like 4 seconds to go....

All I got to say, is this game was cursed and I can't wait for the Sens game because I am going to get revenge and slaughter the hell out of them tomorrow.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Darts

I was at the game and here's what I saw.

The Kings got hosed. They deserved a far better fate. L.A. were the better team.

A few points.

It was a penalty on Higgins. No doubt.

Gauthier is one dirty SOB. Useless and dirty. Get rid of him.

The Kings don't have that "go to" guy. They don't have anything close to a superstar (Well except for Doughty, but he's a couple of years away).

Like I said from day one, I would've taken Doughty number one overall. He made a few mistakes but he also made one rush that would've made Bobby Orr blush.

I don't quite understand the love affair with Simmonds. Sure, he's all go everytime he's out there but he's never really accomplishes anything. He's an energy player and that's all I can ever see him being.

Like Simmonds, I wasn't the least bit impressed with Jack Johnson. Sure, he skates around all hunched over like he's looking for the big kill, but once again it was a lot of smoke and mirrors. At the end of the day he never really did anything. He's a tier two defenseman at best. He's not even close to the Chara's, Weber's, and Boumeester's of the game.

And lastly....

I was absolutely shocked at how sloppy and lazy Kovalev was. I went to the Bruins game the next day and he actually got benched in the third. What an utter waste of raw talent. It was disgraceful.

Darts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 05:22 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darts View Post
The Kings got hosed. They deserved a far better fate. L.A. were the better team.

A few points.

It was a penalty on Higgins. No doubt.

Gauthier is one dirty SOB. Useless and dirty. Get rid of him.

The Kings don't have that "go to" guy. They don't have anything close to a superstar (Well except for Doughty, but he's a couple of years away).

Like I said from day one, I would've taken Doughty number one overall. He made a few mistakes but he also made one rush that would've made Bobby Orr blush.

I don't quite understand the love affair with Simmonds. Sure, he's all go everytime he's out there but he's never really accomplishes anything. He's an energy player and that's all I can ever see him being.

Like Simmonds, I wasn't the least bit impressed with Jack Johnson. Sure, he skates around all hunched over like he's looking for the big kill, but once again it was a lot of smoke and mirrors. At the end of the day he never really did anything. He's a tier two defenseman at best. He's not even close to the Chara's, Weber's, and Boumeester's of the game.

And lastly....

I was absolutely shocked at how sloppy and lazy Kovalev was. I went to the Bruins game the next day and he actually got benched in the third. What an utter waste of raw talent. It was disgraceful.

Was this your first time watching Simmonds play, because you must not be seeing what all us other kings fans see him doing.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 09:06 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

I was working lead retrieval at the Surfaces 2009 convention when two Canadiens fans in line were STILL complaining about the hit waiting for their machine... Those frogs were even ruder to me than anyone I've ever encountered in all the time I've been working the conventions... For those two factors...I deliberately gave them a bad machine...and went out to lunch about the time they figured that out...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote