HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Quit blaming and bashing Canuck fans....

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 01:25 AM
GJB

vCash: 500
Quit blaming and bashing Canuck fans....

Why are there so many ignorant people here blaming the Canuck fans and bashing them? Why all of a sudden are the Canucks the most dirty team ever?

If you would wake up and realize that every true hockey fan and Canuck fan is embarassed by this. It was a horrible, horrible thing to do and no decent person would approve of such an act. I am a BIG Canuck fan and I was disgusted by this incident, it's payback gone way, way too far.

There is no excuse on Bertuzzi's part at all, it was a deliberate cheap shot. Does this make Todd Bertuzzi a big awful goon who should be banned forever (like most ignorant people are saying) ? No. But it does make me question his character and he has lost a lot of respect from me and I'm sure fans everywhere. Todd Bertuzzi feels horrible about it I'm sure, do you really think that he planned it and feels great about it now? No.

Now get off the Canucks fans please. The guy(s) throwing garbage represent a small fraction of Canuck fans and every team has their fair share of stupid fans.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:28 AM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
None of us did anything, for christ sakes, lay off the personal insults.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:30 AM
Finkle is Einhorn

I would just appreciate it if this thread doesn't turn into another flame war. Canucks fans, by and large, all feel really bad about how things went down tonite, and that's all I can say. Just stop the generalizations.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:31 AM
GJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SopelFan
None of us did anything, for christ sakes, lay off the personal insults.
Exactly.... the fans DO NOT control the actions of the players....

And I haven't seen any Canuck fans condoning Todd's behaviour at all....

Bertuzzi deserves to be suspended and for a good amount of time too....

Old
03-09-2004, 01:32 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

In the heat in the moment comments are made.

I am beyond PO'ed at Bertuzzi and Crawford, but their fans had nothing to do with it.

Old
syc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecooker
Why are there so many ignorant people here blaming the Canuck fans and bashing them? Why all of a sudden are the Canucks the most dirty team ever?

If you would wake up and realize that every true hockey fan and Canuck fan is embarassed by this. It was a horrible, horrible thing to do and no decent person would approve of such an act. I am a BIG Canuck fan and I was disgusted by this incident, it's payback gone way, way too far.

There is no excuse on Bertuzzi's part at all, it was a deliberate cheap shot. Does this make Todd Bertuzzi a big awful goon who should be banned forever (like most ignorant people are saying) ? No. But it does make me question his character and he has lost a lot of respect from me and I'm sure fans everywhere. Todd Bertuzzi feels horrible about it I'm sure, do you really think that he planned it and feels great about it now? No.

Now get off the Canucks fans please. The guy(s) throwing garbage represent a small fraction of Canuck fans and every team has their fair share of stupid fans.
Cheering after the injury and throwing beer in the Avs bench is just plain ignorant. I've never seen anything like that at a Leaf game. I've always hated the Nucks so I might be a little biased.

Old
trbr86

good post Thecooker. That summed up my feelings.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:34 AM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by syc
Cheering after the injury and throwing beer in the Avs bench is just plain ignorant. I've never seen anything like that at a Leaf game. I've always hated the Nucks so I might be a little biased.
Yeah we get it. It's been said a hundred times in the other thread. Just let it go.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:34 AM
Avery4Byng*

Yeah, obviously we were not the ones there throwing stuff on the ice......

I am sure once the adrenaline goes away and he wakes up and realizes what he did, Todd will be sorry. And he WILL have to deal with missing alot of games because of it. Moore is a human, who has a family and is simply making a living just like Bertuzzi. No need for people to flail away on bert here, the league will do enough believe me.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:35 AM
GJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by syc
I agree completely that cheering after the injury and throwing beer at the Avs is just totally classless. I just cannot stand the comments made here about how ALL Canucks fans are now "classless" because of this or how the Vancouver team is now the dirtiest team in the NHL.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:35 AM
SopelFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by syc
No one knew he was hurt... everyone was cheering the brawl and the fact Hedberg wanted to fight. Everyone showed respect to Moore.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:37 AM
BCCHL inactive

I read the now-closed thread, and the number of people who spouted off against Canucks fans, and generalized the fans in with the team, and even those who generalized the team in with the actions of one player, was pretty sickening to read.

I am a Canucks fan, have been since birth, and what Bertuzzi did tonight was one of the grossest things I have ever seen in the game. I never really liked Bertuzzi, but this lost him any ounce of respect I had for him before tonight.

Does that mean I should be subject to a barrage of insults for being a Canucks fan? Hell no!

Old
03-09-2004, 01:38 AM
fcbarcelona

I totally agree. Don't take it out on Nux fans. It's unfair and stupid. Nux fans are innocent bystanders. But, there are a select few (aren't necessarily on these boards) who no doubt wanted blood and they got it. I'd like to know if they are happy now. So, to those rare number of fans and if they're reading thisn by some chance...come out and tell me...how does it feel? Sweet feeling getting retribution isn't it? :mad:

Old
03-09-2004, 01:38 AM
evman150*

Canuck fans here at HF are not typical. Almost all nuck fans here are pretty decent fans.

The typical canuck fans are the ones that post at other "lesser" boards. And there are TONS of them (bad fans). Take a look at Canuckscentral for example. Disgusting.

They are the ones who give you guys the bad reputation. It's really too bad.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:40 AM
BB

a few bad apples should not spoil the bunch.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:40 AM
SopelFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by evman150
Canuck fans here at HF are not typical. Almost all nuck fans here are pretty decent fans.

The typical canuck fans are the ones that post at other "lesser" boards. And there are TONS of them (bad fans). Take a look at Canuckscentral for example. Disgusting.

They are the ones who give you guys the bad reputation. It's really too bad.
Lots of teams have them. Just ignore them, or go take it out on them.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:41 AM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19
I totally agree. Don't take it out on Nux fans. It's unfair and stupid. Nux fans are innocent bystanders. But, there are a select few (aren't necessarily on these boards) who no doubt wanted blood and they got it. I'd like to know if they are happy now. So, to those rare number of fans and if they're reading thisn by some chance...come out and tell me...how does it feel? Sweet feeling getting retribution isn't it? :mad:
I can't imagine any Canuck fan is feeling 'sweet retribution'. This is no longer about hockey. It's about a young man being seriously injured.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:53 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Not only is there a big difference between what Bertuzzi did and the fans, but there is a big difference between the fans here (who are for the most part a knowledgeable, rational group of people), and the fans at GM Place, who are (as a collective group) the worst Canuck fans you will ever find anywhere in the world. It doesn't surprise me one bit that the fans cheered what happened, that they would throw beer into the bench, and that there was a brawl in the stands. Just as it didn't surprise me when the US national anthem was booed, ostensibly because some Colorado sportswriter commited the great injustice of trashing the Canucks. To all the fans who watch on TV I would ask you to remember that the actions of the crowd at GM Place do not represent in any way the majority of Canucks fans.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:55 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecooker

good post, hope Moore will recover soon, hope Bert will be suspended for the rest of the season, but Canucks fans are like any other fans in Canada. Go Canucks GO Habs Go

Old
03-09-2004, 01:58 AM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Support your 'Nucks fans brethren!

Canucks team members and fans have received a lot of flak for the actions of two players and one fan. Despite almost every single thread being closed on the subject (which I can understand because people have been quite questionable in words they have chosen), I figured this one could stay open.

I figured a petition-like thread would be good.

We, the undersigned, support all true hockey fans and players. We decide now and forever after to not judge a team or their fan base simply because of the actions of a couple of twits. Not only do we not hold Nolan Baumgartner, Tyler Bouck, Matt Cooke, Mike Keane, Trevor Linden, Brendan Morrison, Markus Naslund, Mattias Ohlund, Sean Pronger, Jarkko Ruutu, Sami Salo, Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin, Brent Sopel, Bryan Allen, Johan Hedberg, or Dan Cloutier responsible for the acts of a teammate, not only do we not hold all Canucks fans responsible for someone with a poor garbage-throwing arm choosing one of the scariest men on skates as the target, but we hold this true for all fans regardless of their team affiliations.

'Nucks fans don't deserve this. I support them.

Peter Rempel

Old
03-09-2004, 02:00 AM
Canucks-R-best

am I ashamed of Bertuzzi hell yes, do I have respect for him no. But for everyone who now says all Canucks and Canuck fans are gutless get a life, not one canuck fan wanted that. Im amazed at hoe childish people can get. Grow up people, its just sickning

Old
03-09-2004, 02:01 AM
Impossibles

Who was the second player?

Anyways, people should realize that teh fans have no control over their players and the player's actions are not a reflection of the fans.

What happened was ugly and a black mark on the canucks franchise. Bertuzzi will be suspended by the league and hopefully this is the end of it.

Old
03-09-2004, 02:02 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
I agree that the fans for a team should not be bashed when one of their players does something wrong. However, when the fans stick up for a dirty move (ala Havlat), that is just wrong. I haven't seen that here with Bertuzzi.

Old
03-09-2004, 02:09 AM
st_roland

Luongo, theres actually been two fans here that have supported Bertuzzis actions. The only name that comes to mind is Ol' Dirty Chinaman. I never had a problem with the guy before, but I really wish he were here right now. Not gonna say anything else on that subject.

As for Bertuzzi himself, I can't imagine what was going through his head, he's always been a dirty player, but he never did anything approaching this. Of course, I can't remember anyone doing something approaching this. I fully expect some legal action here, not sure what exactly. Anything less than a lifetime ban from playing for Bertuzzi would expose the NHL for the money grubbing organization we all know it is.

Old
03-09-2004, 02:12 AM
Canucks-R-best

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_roland
Luongo, theres actually been two fans here that have supported Bertuzzis actions. The only name that comes to mind is Ol' Dirty Chinaman. I never had a problem with the guy before, but I really wish he were here right now. Not gonna say anything else on that subject.

As for Bertuzzi himself, I can't imagine what was going through his head, he's always been a dirty player, but he never did anything approaching this. Of course, I can't remember anyone doing something approaching this. I fully expect some legal action here, not sure what exactly. Anything less than a lifetime ban from playing for Bertuzzi would expose the NHL for the money grubbing organization we all know it is.

so if one person defends it its okay to call all canuck fans and players classless? Believe me if Bert never plays a game again I would not care, dirty hits like that should not be aloud, that was disgusting

Closed Thread