HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany

Checking out games in Germany

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-08-2009, 11:22 AM
  #1
Limerick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Checking out games in Germany

I will be in Germany some time between March 20th and April 16th. Will the season still be going on then? Any idea which teams will be in the playoffs?

Limerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 05:57 AM
  #2
Daltner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Yep, you'll be in Germany right for playoff time. Take a look at the standings and you know the teams who are likely to get into the playoffs (1st to 6th place are guaranteed playoff-spots):

http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro...&seasonid=2976

Daltner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 01:13 PM
  #3
Toni Porkka
Registered User
 
Toni Porkka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Marburg, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 186
vCash: 500
IMHO Hannover, Berlin, Mannheim, Frankfurt, Düsseldorf will remain in the Top Six for sure.

Play Off Qualifying Round: 05.,06., 08.,09., 11. March 2009

Quarterfinals: 13., 15., 17., 20., 22., 24., 26. March 2009

Semifinals: 29., 31. März 2009, 03., 05., 07. April 2009

Finals: 09., 11., 13., 15., 17. April 2009

Toni Porkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 03:11 PM
  #4
Daltner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Porkka View Post
IMHO Hannover, Berlin, Mannheim, Frankfurt, Düsseldorf will remain in the Top Six for sure.
Think so, too. 2 weeks ago, I expected Frankfurt to remain in free fall after all those injuries but they managed to keep their head above water for the last few games.

Daltner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 05:04 PM
  #5
Toni Porkka
Registered User
 
Toni Porkka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Marburg, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 186
vCash: 500
Me, too. But with winning three in a row with 4 D-Men (and Ward being one of them) convinced me.

Toni Porkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 03:39 PM
  #6
Daltner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Well, now it's Mannheim's turn to take over the free fall.

(It's not that I didn't expect it.)

Daltner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 08:47 AM
  #7
ALF AmericanLionsFan
Registered User
 
ALF AmericanLionsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daltner View Post
Well, now it's Mannheim's turn to take over the free fall.

(It's not that I didn't expect it.)
Aww..breaks my heart.

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 11:18 AM
  #8
Daltner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Go away.

Daltner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 02:49 PM
  #9
E_Godard
Registered User
 
E_Godard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Section 103
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 7,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daltner View Post
Yep, you'll be in Germany right for playoff time. Take a look at the standings and you know the teams who are likely to get into the playoffs (1st to 6th place are guaranteed playoff-spots):

http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro...&seasonid=2976
Ill be in Amsterdam around April 16th-24th. Any chance I could take a quick train over for a game? I know Germany is close, but I dont wanna have to spend 20 hours training. And I have no idea how close some of these arenas are to the Netherlands.

Any info would be appreicated, thanks.

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 03:59 PM
  #10
Daltner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
I fear that might be too late. Only if the final series went the whole distance (best of five) would you be able to attend a game on April 17th (getting tickets for that is yet another story).

Closest to the Netherlands should be Düsseldorf - about 30 miles beyond the border. Cologne won't make the post-season this year. Ok, Krefeld is a little closer but they prolly won't get into the finals bare any bigger suprises.

Daltner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 10:11 AM
  #11
E_Godard
Registered User
 
E_Godard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Section 103
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 7,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daltner View Post
I fear that might be too late. Only if the final series went the whole distance (best of five) would you be able to attend a game on April 17th (getting tickets for that is yet another story).

Closest to the Netherlands should be Düsseldorf - about 30 miles beyond the border. Cologne won't make the post-season this year. Ok, Krefeld is a little closer but they prolly won't get into the finals bare any bigger suprises.
Damn, thanks for the info. Is there anything going on in Netherlands (hockey) around that time?

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.