HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

What's wrong with Blake?

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 12:56 AM
Thalia

vCash: 500
What's wrong with Blake?

With all this attention on Moore's injury... what's up with Blake (he and Ruutu had a scuffle) anyone know?

I would have asked on the Avs board but the mod asked us 'Nucks fans not to post there tonight so I won't.

Old
03-09-2004, 12:57 AM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

I think he punched the glass in his scrap with Ruutu. Probably sprained fingers or a broken hand possibly.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:05 AM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
I've heard he jammed his wrist, but I think the Avs kept him out due to the score and ugliness of the game.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:07 AM
ohlund2.2

Te one battle the nucks won was against Blake.

It looked like his wrist guard hit the glass, but who knows..no one's said anything.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:21 AM
nucks2001

vCash:
he threw a real haymaker at Ruutu.. about as hard as he could.. missed and punched straight on into the glass.. painful stuff

Old
03-09-2004, 01:28 AM
fcbarcelona

so now ruutu has caused, directly or indirectly, the avs two most important players to be injured: blake and forsberg. nice work by him. he should be proud. :mad:

Old
03-09-2004, 01:31 AM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19
so now ruutu has caused, directly or indirectly, the avs two most important players to be injured: blake and forsberg. nice work by him. he should be proud. :mad:
Yes, all Canuck player, former, now and future, as well as any fan who has ever attended a game are all evil.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:36 AM
MoS*

Quote:
how was forsberg injured?

Old
03-09-2004, 01:50 AM
fcbarcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks
Yes, all Canuck player, former, now and future, as well as any fan who has ever attended a game are all evil.
hey, i can understand you guys feel the heat but i don't think all canucks players are evil. but, there are some canucks fans who wanted retribution and they got it. may put a bounty on moore's head. bertuzzi is also remembered for his hit on forsberg a couple years ago where he took out forsberg. im not going make generalizations based on these incidents, but its fair to say on my behalf, im not too thrilled with anything associated with the canucks (with the great exception being the fans who feel deep sympathy for the moore incident).

Old
03-09-2004, 01:53 AM
fcbarcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
how was forsberg injured?
well, his injury was caused indirectly by the physical abuse he took from the last game against the nux. he hasn't played since. but, he's very prone to this groin problem he's suffering from and he does engage in rough play so its not entirely the nux fault he was knocked out. but suffice to say that with all the whining of the nux, the avs have taken the biggest hits and blows.

Old
03-09-2004, 02:57 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Y'know, there's a reason why teams would just as soon not have their best players getting in fights, and it's not necessarily because they're afraid they'll get beat up. Remember last season when Jarome Iginla hurt his hand while pummeling Bill Guerin? He got off to a slow start because of it.

Sorry, but I just don't think you can blame Ruutu for Blake hurting his hand (if that's what happened.) When guys decide to drop the gloves, they're assuming the risks. The risks might be that they get their face punched in, but it could also be that they hurt their hand punching they other guy's dome (or the glass) or falling awkwardly and twisting an ankle.

Old
03-09-2004, 03:08 AM
nucks2001

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
Y'know, there's a reason why teams would just as soon not have their best players getting in fights, and it's not necessarily because they're afraid they'll get beat up. Remember last season when Jarome Iginla hurt his hand while pummeling Bill Guerin? He got off to a slow start because of it.

Sorry, but I just don't think you can blame Ruutu for Blake hurting his hand (if that's what happened.) When guys decide to drop the gloves, they're assuming the risks. The risks might be that they get their face punched in, but it could also be that they hurt their hand punching they other guy's dome (or the glass) or falling awkwardly and twisting an ankle.
well said.. Blake shouldn't have been fighting in the first place. A lot of people blame Ruutu but Blake was ready and willing. He threw a big time punch that caught Ruutu pretty good before they came together. Blake should know better.

Old
03-09-2004, 03:25 AM
ericmessier29

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie

Blake's injury was just an accident that can happen in any fight right along the boards. That said, how pissed would Canucks fans be if Hinote or Worrell started a fight with Naslund and Naslund was hurt. Blake only dropped the gloves because of the cheapshots Ruutu continually takes on Avs star players.

Old
03-09-2004, 03:33 AM
nucks2001

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmessier29
Blake's injury was just an accident that can happen in any fight right along the boards. That said, how pissed would Canucks fans be if Hinote or Worrell started a fight with Naslund and Naslund was hurt. Blake only dropped the gloves because of the cheapshots Ruutu continually takes on Avs star players.
Doesn't matter.. it shouldn't be Blakes job to do it.. get Hinote or Worrell to go after him. He made a really bad decision. Not too mention Naslund wouldn't fight.. Jovanovski would be a better example and I'd be upset at him if that happened

Old
03-09-2004, 03:45 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:

Why is it Ruutu's fault Blake punched the glass? Blake did that to himself.

Old
03-09-2004, 03:51 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Blake is hardly Naslund's style, he's more like Sakic. You don't see the Nucks fighting Sakic. Blake is more like Jovo, and Jovo will throw them.

Remember it was the Avs Parker who started throwing punches at Jovo? We haven't stooped to that level by sending a heavy weight goon like Brookbank after any Avs stars.

Old
03-09-2004, 03:52 AM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2
We haven't stooped to that level by sending a heavy weight goon like Brookbank after any Avs stars.
No, you're right.

Todd Bertuzzi ensured that team has stooped WELL past that level.

Old
03-09-2004, 03:53 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
No, you're right.

Todd Bertuzzi ensured that team has stooped WELL past that level.

blah blah blah this is about Ruutu and Blake. I keep forgetting was a star Moore is. Get with it.

Old
03-09-2004, 03:56 AM
quat

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Huh? Blake is what? 6'5? A frikin monster who crushes players all over the ice. Gee, I've never seen Ruutu trying to fight Sakic or Hejduk... plus Ruutu isn't an enforcer. And Forsberg is hardly Naslund... he's a tough as nails player who admits to enjoying the rough stuff. Blake wanted to go, and he seemed to be enjoying his bout until he plowed his hand into the glass and then recieved Ruutu's fist in his face dropping him to the ice.

IF I cast my mind back a bit... oh yeah... Scott Parker jumping Jovanovski comes to mind. But, that's right, the AVs never do anything like that.

Old
03-09-2004, 03:30 PM
JDB3939

Send a message via AIM to JDB3939
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks2001
Doesn't matter.. it shouldn't be Blakes job to do it.. get Hinote or Worrell to go after him. He made a really bad decision. Not too mention Naslund wouldn't fight.. Jovanovski would be a better example and I'd be upset at him if that happened
Exactly. Had Jovocop done something like that you would be a little bit upset. First off at him for fighting. Secondly at the refs for allowing the game to get to the point where a star defenseman fights. Thirdly at the idiot he was fighting for doing something to make your star want to fight.

As an Avs fan, I know we are all a little rattled after last nights game and most of us are just letting out some aggression. This isn't normally unreasonable posters making comments like this. Just some of the ones I respect the most letting out frustrations in general. Not specifically in this thread, but all over the board.

Old
03-09-2004, 03:43 PM
CanadaAvalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2
blah blah blah this is about Ruutu and Blake. I keep forgetting was a star Moore is. Get with it.
I would MUCH rather have Brookbank sent right for Forsberg and they square off. At least then Forsberg has some opportunity to defend himself. I don't give a damn if Moore is a star or not that is stooping way lower than sending Parker after Jovonovski. Get with it.

Old
03-09-2004, 04:42 PM
MileHigh

I don't think the injury to Blake was that bad. He probaly did get injured in the fight with Ruutu or another play but he sat for the rest of the game on the bench with the Avs. Blake iss too important to this team that if it was serious, Blake would come out and perhaps get it checked by a doctor. Blake probaly just didn't play because the Avs didn't need him too.

Old
03-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2
Since when did respect become only for the "star" players in this league?

Old
03-10-2004, 11:38 AM
highstickingyerface

Send a message via MSN to highstickingyerface
The league would be much better off if Jarkko Ruutuu were still in Finland. He brings absolutely nothing worthwhile to the sport. It's not his fault Blake punched the glass.. but it is his fault he can't play hockey without chirping like an idiot, running guys all over the ice and generally causing nothing but trouble whenever he is on the ice and oftentimes skating away from the battles he causes.

Old
03-10-2004, 12:42 PM
JOCA

Send a message via ICQ to JOCA Send a message via AIM to JOCA
Quote:
Originally Posted by highstickingyerface
but it is his fault he can't play hockey without chirping like an idiot, running guys all over the ice and generally causing nothing but trouble whenever he is on the ice and oftentimes skating away from the battles he causes.
It's his fault that his role, set out by the organization, is to play the instigator? Since Cooke is no longer playing that role, someone on the team has to......

Closed Thread