HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sports bars in Hartford, CT that play Rangers games...

Old
01-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Garfinkel1

vCash: 500
Sports bars in Hartford, CT that play Rangers games...

The tittle says it all

Are there any Sports bars in Hartford, CT that play Rangers games?

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 04:07 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I am going to CT as well in Feb. Anyone know the CH MSG is in Mystic?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 09:02 AM
WolfPackFan07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkon View Post
I live in Hartford and the only times I have seen Ranger games in any of the bars around are Coach's, Federal Cafe, Half Door, and City Steam. But these are not "Ranger" bars, You will have to ask them to put on a TV for ya, If Uconn Basketball is on forget it, if your at the Fed or Half Door if soccer or rugby is on your going to watch that. Its un fortunate that there is a Miami Dolphins themed sports bar, but very few places that show any hockey.

There are a number of Bars in West Hartford/Farmington that show Bruins games, but that is because they get NESN, I don't know of any that carry Center Ice.

Rookies in Cromwell used to show most hockey games, but I haven't been there in about 3 years

The Diamond in Glastonbury showed the Ranger Playoff games last year, but I don't know if they show all the season games.

If you have any luck, be sure to post it up. Though I still think best bet is grabbing a corner booth with some friends in a Place with Direct TV and having 1 or 2 of the close TV's put on MSG. Call a head most places are willing to devote a TV to a channel.
Very good post. As a transplanted NYer living in the Hartford area the past 5 years, there isn't a place around I would send someone to watch hockey, let alone the Rangers.

Part of the problem for the area is that since the Yankees left MSG Network and started YES, the cable systems in this area made the decision to drop MSG from their lineup, and added YES. Occasionally local systems (west of the CT River) will carry a game as a one-off when there is no conflict with a Celtics game, but the schedule needs to match up perfectly. Most bars do not generate enough interest to invest in the Center Ice Package.

WolfPackFan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 02:07 PM
mucker*

OK...I go to UCONN so I'll help

1) CT is really indifferent to hockey.
Most CT fans care about baseball, football, and the Huskies in the winter.
From New Haven west, the Rangers have a base.
I would say hockey is more popular in the CT suburbs than the NBA.
I rarely see Knicks fans.
Central CT is indifferent to the NHL.
Eastern CT has some Brooms fans...however by far CT if they follow hockey go for the Rangers.
Out of sport...baseball, football, the Rangers have the largest margin over Boston in hockey.
We just have the bigger, better, loyal, more influential base.
Boston is more of a Celtics town so most in CT who like the NBA go for the Celtics.

2) In central CT...you might get the Rangers but it depends on the cable server.
If you have Cox...they do not like to show NY teams.
Comcast has the Rangers on CSN...IF the Knicks and Celtics are not on.
If the Celtics are on, then the Rangers will be on the local acces channel (102, but check your local guide), if the Knicks are on, the Rangers feed is from MSGPL, so they will NOT be shown.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote