HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's get our act together HF Habs fans...

Old
02-01-2009, 12:13 PM
THE HOFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I read that and just couldn't believe it.....the guy actually shares a whole lot with the ones he despises so much. He talks about the 49% but doesn't talk about the 51%....And if he would be somewhat inform, as we speak, it's no where near that number anymore. The funny part is that they're hiding being the fact that they can't be called racist 'cause being french is not a race....as if it made them less stupid and xenophobic....Totally agree with you and this guy should have been banned.....but there is some kind of immunity for people on the main board I guess...That's why we should try to avoid it....but I know it's not always easy...
as long as we can share and discuss on the habs board , who cares about what happens on the main board ...

that's exactly why when I see a hab fan destroying a mentally challenged moron on the main board, it just makes me laugh.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Roke

I'm surprised there's no thread on the main board calling the Habs classless for having a Maple Leaf on their jersey .

The ignore list is your friend, I started using it this past summer, up to 250 posters already. I hope there's no limit to it.

Roke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Guy Caballero

When everyone hates the Habs and their fans, it means the Habs are doing it right.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceee View Post
yesterday i was reading the main board and there was a guy saying the reason why he hates the habs so much is because its in a french-speaking province and most of the people who cheer for the team speak french. He also said that he hated us because back in 1996 almost half of the province voted to separate from Canada.

I love how those kind of posters doesnt get any warning and doesnt get banned

its like saying that i hate german people because they voted for hitler in the 1930s and he started WW2.

yesterday the habs won against the kings with two french canadians referees... lot of people were saying that we won because of those "frenchies"

If we would lost against let say the flames and the refs were english speaking canadians... No way we would say that it is because they speak english and they hate french people... How come it always works the other way around and no moderators seem to give a **** about how stupid and borderliner xenophobic it is???!

and in the end we are the bad people on this board....

by the way i love how there is so much "pat on the back" kind of thread by the Bruins/San Jose/Detroit fan on the main board and no one whine but when we start a thread about an incredible save by Price or a super nice play by one of our player it gets completly destroyed and locked by the mods
I've read worst things on the Habs board and it always goes unpunished.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-01-2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Deleted link
Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 05:37 PM
NHLcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
what I fear is that the people you are targetting won't be reading your post ...

there is no infraction for dumb posts , and until that changes, please don't be shocked ...
your're probably right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
It's been like that for a while, when we were underdogs it was easier but not anymore. It's just like the Leafs, a few years back the hate towards them was huuuge but now nobody care because their team blows.

Now show your support with a Habs avatar
I will come Playoff time...right now i love my man ovy!

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
I've read worst things on the Habs board and it always goes unpunished.
Haddock, I deleted the example you used. It was wrong, and the poster will be dealt with.

Next time, report the post. There are 1000's of posts made on the Habs board every day. As hard as we try, the mods can't read all of them. If you see something offensive, report it and we will gladly take care of it.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 05:53 PM
suprez

Well there's various thing that piss me off . But we're not Sheep either .

We're passionate fans . We're very proud of that organisation and what they have done for 100 years . What they have done for french player and french in generral ( in my case) .Other people will always try to rip our pride apart.

This is also the internet.The habs have a lot of History . Not a religion(in my case) but more than just hockey .That why we want them to succeed so much .That why we want french player in that team.If you don't understand this , you're probably not french or not very old.

Yeah we can be very defensive . Hockey changed a lot . But they still wear that logo and game like today is innaceptable.It's us vs the America.It's always been like this.

Seriously i doubt if the bruins had that much success they would be hated like the habs . But anyway ..

Booing everyone or every ex habs player piss me off for exemple . It's show a lack of intelligence. Other team even start to mock our OHEOHE song .. They are jealous and bitter . For many reason .

Now you make a thread about how we should shush it and play sheep party? You're not a quebecer

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 06:03 PM
earthstar

When you have a passionate fan base combined with the success that the Canadiens have had over the years, you are always going to be viewed as the 'bad guys'. I would try not to take it personally. The Canadiens and their fans are, for lack of a better term, 'the team that everyone loves to hate' (Toronto is the team that everyone loves to mock). I would take it as a point of pride that a team has had such success, and elicits such passion (even the negative type). Remember everyone envies successful, and it's human nature (for better or worse) to root for the (percieved) underdog. Take it as you may from a Bruins fan that has always appreciated talent no matter the jersey.

earthstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Habs fans were laughed at 'cause of the infamous Halak-Ryder and a 2nd....I can tell you right now.....Ryder is enough to get a pretty good player if a trade would happen today.....and needless to say you can fetch a pretty good prospect in the 2nd round....so who's laughing now?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Habs fans were laughed at 'cause of the infamous Halak-Ryder and a 2nd....I can tell you right now.....Ryder is enough to get a pretty good player if a trade would happen today.....and needless to say you can fetch a pretty good prospect in the 2nd round....so who's laughing now?
Ryder had run his course in Montreal and it was time to go....... COULDA SHOULDA WOULDA......can we put that to bed already.... surprised you are still not talking about the Leclair trade......

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 06:12 PM
cneely

For what its worth, I'm a Bruins fan, and I don't dislike Habs fans in general, many are awesome hockey fans to chat with. Harry1, and Whitesnake come to mind instantly. We don't always agree, but being fans of rival teams, we aren't going to see things the same way. Period. But most Habs fans can express themselves with passion and respect at the same time, and I appreciate that.

The problem is with the size of the fanbase on HF, there are many more less respectfull, less intelligent fans, same goes with the Bruins board, also one of the busiest boards here on HF.

Cheers.

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
Ryder had run his course in Montreal and it was time to go....... COULDA SHOULDA WOULDA......can we put that to bed already.... surprised you are still not talking about the Leclair trade......
Missing the point again.....I'm saying that other fanbases laughed at us saying how Ryder was worthless, seems now that he's not. So Habs fans weren't too wrong to want to trade him 'cause he actually worth something aside from what the other fanbases thought. Not talking about the trade or the UFA at all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
For what its worth, I'm a Bruins fan, and I don't dislike Habs fans in general, many are awesome hockey fans to chat with. Harry1, and Whitesnake come to mind instantly. We don't always agree, but being fans of rival teams, we aren't going to see things the same way. Period. But most Habs fans can express themselves with passion and respect at the same time, and I appreciate that.

The problem is with the size of the fanbase on HF, there are many more less respectfull, less intelligent fans, same goes with the Bruins board, also one of the busiest boards here on HF.

Cheers.
Good post again Cneely. It's just a shame that most people forget to respect one another and have intelligent conversations despite not always agreeing on things just because it's just the internet....

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-01-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 07:40 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
I first want to say I've been a member here for 7+ years, actually since the first day the Ďnewí HF boards were created and I really enjoy posting, commenting and reading other Habs and NHL fans opinions and ideas throughout the years...

But for the past year and specifically the recent months I have found a lot of comments and attitudes from Habs fan on these boards to be unacceptable, extremely biased and simply dumb for a lack of better word.

I know we make a big percentage of all members on these boards and therefore the probability of excessive fans is higher but I think weíre better than that. I also know that we are passionate fans and being like we are we tend to see things only from our perspective but seeing them from a objective point of view (sometimes!) will make others think better of us in the long term.

Iím sick of reading the daily Habs bash fest threads on the main NHL board

Iím sick that is has become a trendy thing to hate the Habs and Habs fans here at HF

Iím sick of back to back stupid Habs trade proposal threads that are made on the trade and rumor board that make us all look bad (itís one thing asking opinions and having people disagree itís another to make absurd props to stir obvious negative reactions)

Iím sick of other members here hating us not because we are fans from another team (which is understandable) but because weíre Montrealers or Quebecers (French or not)

Iím sick of having a bad reputation because I like my habs

I know that MOST of you have no problem respecting others and having a mature constructive discussion with other teamís fans but because of a persistent minority we just cannot have a simple Habs/Bruins normal discussion on the our board (never mind the main board) because the armyís of troll will invade.

I know that alone I canít make a difference but if all of us stopped reacting and responding to trolls and reported the posts or threads to the mods and if we start thinking twice before making the 10th Lecavalier to Montreal proposal of day well....we could just get a little more respect out there and maybe diminish the hate towards us.

We really need to do something because it will only get worse IMO
Anyways

Go Habs Go!
I've been singing this same tune here for awhile. It's not a popular tune, unfortunately.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 07:46 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
That's a good point.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote