HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My Wish List ..

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 01:46 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
My Wish List ..

Leafs have committed to this year and now need to go for it ..

Taking the eumours swirling the first move I would make is ship Nik Antropov to Washington is a package deal that returns Witt..

Second I continue to address the defense and Greg deVries is the target ..Rangers want prospects so I offer John Doherty.. as the base and draft pick ... They have taken US College kids in other deals and so I follow suit ... Also since leafs don't have a 2nd really to offer which has been the flavour of this year and Doherty was a 2nd rounder..

Then we need a Goalie and Gerber would be a the insurance policy .. Leafs now have lots of depth dman and so possibly a Pilar/Berg type package to Anaheim could probably get him to Toronto ..

after that if a forward that could help becomes available go for it ..

Bottom line I would really shore up the Defense and after the dust settles my D would have

Leetch
McCabe
Kaberle
Klee
deVries
Witt

as my top 6 with veteran Depth to boot left over ..and I think that defense could challenge for the Cup .. and the only roster player lost is Antropov really and maybe a depth player Berg or Pilar ..

Old
03-09-2004, 02:55 AM
leafaholix*

Blue line...

Leetch
McCabe
Kaberle
de Vries
Klee
Marchment

Ex. Pilar, Berg

Net: Belfour, Fernandez

Old
03-09-2004, 07:57 AM
MLSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Leafs have committed to this year and now need to go for it ..

Taking the eumours swirling the first move I would make is ship Nik Antropov to Washington is a package deal that returns Witt..

Second I continue to address the defense and Greg deVries is the target ..Rangers want prospects so I offer John Doherty.. as the base and draft pick ... They have taken US College kids in other deals and so I follow suit ... Also since leafs don't have a 2nd really to offer which has been the flavour of this year and Doherty was a 2nd rounder..

Then we need a Goalie and Gerber would be a the insurance policy .. Leafs now have lots of depth dman and so possibly a Pilar/Berg type package to Anaheim could probably get him to Toronto ..

after that if a forward that could help becomes available go for it ..

Bottom line I would really shore up the Defense and after the dust settles my D would have

Leetch
McCabe
Kaberle
Klee
deVries
Witt

as my top 6 with veteran Depth to boot left over ..and I think that defense could challenge for the Cup .. and the only roster player lost is Antropov really and maybe a depth player Berg or Pilar ..
That Defence would be very very solid.

Leetch McCabe
De Vries Kaberle
Witt Klee

Closed Thread