HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Get it out of the zone!

Old
02-01-2009, 01:42 AM
pavvento

vCash: 500
Get it out of the zone!

Probably the most frustrating thing I see this year with the Rangers, aside from the lack of goals, is the inability to clear the zone. I feel like every time we have the puck in our own zone we either turn it over, or don't get it across the blue line.

I haven't been able to watch as many games this year as I'd like (time zone and work), but I was wondering if others have noticed this, and if it falls on our defense or our forwards.

pavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 01:46 AM
lucky13
Iron Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
Probably the most frustrating thing I see this year with the Rangers, aside from the lack of goals, is the inability to clear the zone. I feel like every time we have the puck in our own zone we either turn it over, or don't get it across the blue line.

I haven't been able to watch as many games this year as I'd like (time zone and work), but I was wondering if others have noticed this, and if it falls on our defense or our forwards.
i think they have trouble at time...asp in the 2nd per....but i dont think it one of our bigger issues...

you know like not scoring goals...but thats a completely diff topic

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:04 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
today we had a hard time clearing the zone but we also played VERY disciplined, most teams would've taken a lot of penalties if the puck was in the zone as long as it was today against us...

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Levitate

kind of seems to come and go depending on the flow of the game. You'll notice it tends to happen to all teams at one point or another, when the opposing team is pressing hard. You don't have time to make a picture perfect outlet pass, or pick a hole in the blueline defense to get it by. That being said, I'm still pissed at how Dawes half assed it and it lead to a goal yesterday

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote