HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luca Caputi

Old
02-01-2009, 01:57 AM
Ugene Malkin
GOING FOR DRUNK

vCash: 500
Luca Caputi

I did a check on him and he had a Gordy Howe hat trick.

1 goal 1 assist & a fight.

He currently has 14 goals 23 assists for 37 points. Do any of you think maybe it is time for the move up and send someone packing. Luca's youth has to be an upgrade on Satan, Left wing right handed shot. Can we really say Dupuis is a better option than him? I would like to see a chance soon. So far our call ups have not been the problem or liability to the team. Most have carried themselves well. So?

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 02:00 AM
Lario Melieux*

I'm not really too sure as to why he hasn't been called up yet but...

I kinda agree with you. Are Thomas, Bissonette, Minard, and Wallace really that much better than Caputi to the point that Caputi hasn't even had a crack at the NHL level yet???

Lario Melieux* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 02:01 AM
Wes Mantooth

let him develop in the AHL for now. getting 5 mins a game in the NHL won't help him right now or the pens. i'd like to see him get a real shot but just being realistic.

Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 02:02 AM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by odds View Post

He currently has 14 goals 23 assists for 37 points. Do any of you think maybe it is time for the move up and send someone packing. Luca's youth has to be an upgrade on Satan, Left wing right handed shot. Can we really say Dupuis is a better option than him? I would like to see a chance soon. So far our call ups have not been the problem or liability to the team. Most have carried themselves well. So?
I was thinking about getting rid of Satan (trade or waivers) and call up Caputi or Pesonen. I have total confidence in both players getting a goal every 10-15 games and provide no defensive help but at about 2.5M less.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 02:02 AM
Gooch

go actually watch him play, he isnt exactly the superstar people have made him out to be.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 02:20 AM
Jacob

Wait, you're telling me Caputi's not a superstar? That's it, where's the nearest tall building?

Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 02:25 AM
Ugene Malkin
GOING FOR DRUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
go actually watch him play, he isnt exactly the superstar people have made him out to be.
Well, calling up Caputi is not looking for a superstar move but to get rid of some people who are supposed to be doing better than they are and are not. How about we try it and if it sticks, leave it and what ever happens, happens. We will call it, do whats best for the team. Save $ we can use later. Gain some cap space. 3.5 on the 3rd line is just as bad as the 4.0 that everyone is crying about Staal will be making next year there.

Old
02-01-2009, 02:28 AM
vcx*

Every time I suggest a 2-3 game call-up just to see how he can do with the NHL speed, people say the following to me, so I am just going to repeat them back to you.

"I don't want him in the NHL yet, he needs more time in the AHL"
"It's stupid to call up a guy that needs to be a top player in the AHL"
"He's not ready"
"He's too slow"

I thought it was rough being a Pens fan during the years of trading away talent to save money, but the current streak is worse. All people have for solutions is to trade young talent away for aging vets thinking that will be the magical fix. What happens when they don't work out because the coaching staff screws it all up, then what? The team just traded away young talent.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 02:30 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lario Melieux View Post
I'm not really too sure as to why he hasn't been called up yet but...

I kinda agree with you. Are Thomas, Bissonette, Minard, and Wallace really that much better than Caputi to the point that Caputi hasn't even had a crack at the NHL level yet???
Would you rather see role players playing bit parts in the NHL, or would you rather see Caputi playing 2 minutes a night with Godard? Because that's where he'll be if he gets called up. It's better for him to be playing quality minutes in WB/S than to be playing on the 4th line in Pittsburgh. He's not going to turn the season around, so they might as well develop him sensibly.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 02:32 AM
vcx*

I don't know about you but I loved seeing Pesonen on the 4th line and then the people that didn't like the signing in the first place saying "I told you so..." Makes for good reading here. Why not do the same with Caputi? Could be fun, we could have crazy one liners, post of women to distract us from the pain of it all.

We could get drunk and share our fav beer with each other.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:44 AM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Quote:
And you've seen him play how many times? Not enough to form a definite opinion on him, I'm willing to bet.

Nobody is claiming Caputi will be a superstar by any means, but he does the work in the corners and battles in front of the net. Two elements this team desperately needs.

With that said, he's not ready for much more than a cup of coffee at the NHL level at this point in his developement, but I feel that a few games couldn't hurt.

Silas Robertson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Uncle Jorgi

Meh, i'd rather leave him in the A at this point. I don't think he or Pesonen will make much of a difference on a team struggling as badly as the Pens are right now, and i don't think we can trust Therrien to give either one of those guys more than cursory ice time.

Uncle Jorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 08:05 AM
cosmicnavigator

Caputi is a left handed shot I dont know why you always insist on that he is a right handed shot?

cosmicnavigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Ugene Malkin
GOING FOR DRUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicnavigator View Post
Caputi is a left handed shot I dont know why you always insist on that he is a right handed shot?
Check this out!
http://o8o9.wbspenguins.com/team/stats.asp
Then Click On Caputi.

Old
02-01-2009, 08:54 AM
cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Every time I suggest a 2-3 game call-up just to see how he can do with the NHL speed, people say the following to me, so I am just going to repeat them back to you.

"I don't want him in the NHL yet, he needs more time in the AHL"
"It's stupid to call up a guy that needs to be a top player in the AHL"
"He's not ready"
"He's too slow"

I thought it was rough being a Pens fan during the years of trading away talent to save money, but the current streak is worse. All people have for solutions is to trade young talent away for aging vets thinking that will be the magical fix. What happens when they don't work out because the coaching staff screws it all up, then what? The team just traded away young talent.
Dude, if you are going to whine, *****, and moan in every thread.. why even bother posting?

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Jonjmc

Quote:
Check this out!

Then Click On Caputi.
Seems that's the only place that lists him as a right shot, even including the Pens own site.

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app?pag...7&service=page

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=80260

Jonjmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Jeff Goldblum

Quote:
Aren't you basing this off of a single game you attended? I don't know how much better one game is.

Jeff Goldblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 09:31 AM
Ugene Malkin
GOING FOR DRUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjmc View Post
Seems that's the only place that lists him as a right shot, even including the Pens own site.

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app?pag...7&service=page

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=80260
I know this but I was answering where i kept getting it since I do not look at those others to often and generally just go to Baby Pens site. Kinda like you watch his videos and you see him as a lefty but you just right what you see on his profile. Will correct myself in the future. As long as I am not looking at his Baby Pens Profile.

Old
02-01-2009, 09:43 AM
JTG

I'm all for calling him up if he's going to play. If he's going to get Alex Goligoski'ed then I would rather keep him in WB.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 09:57 AM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris the Blade View Post
Aren't you basing this off of a single game you attended? I don't know how much better one game is.
Yeah, and no offense Gooch, your seats were what, the second row from the ice, on the corner? (judging by your photos)

Those are lousy seats for seeing the play. Great when action is right in front of you, but when the play is at the other end it is fun house mirror time.

td_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 10:06 AM
AquaticBirdman

Quote:

Dupuis has actually been playing quite well the last few games. I don't know why everyone tries to make it sound like he's been such a huge problem for us up front when he clearly hasn't been. Not many guys on this team are willing to work their ***** off and win the races to loose pucks like he does.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Gooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTisIT View Post
And you've seen him play how many times? Not enough to form a definite opinion on him, I'm willing to bet.

Nobody is claiming Caputi will be a superstar by any means, but he does the work in the corners and battles in front of the net. Two elements this team desperately needs.

With that said, he's not ready for much more than a cup of coffee at the NHL level at this point in his developement, but I feel that a few games couldn't hurt.
he does? Well, you must've seen a completely different Caputi than I saw. I saw a guy who avoided contact and acted more like our stick checking grinders than a Matt Cooke type player. Not to mention his finishing is "raw" at best.
I wanted him to be everything everyone was saying when I went to see him. I actually spent so much time watching just him specifically that I missed parts of the game that were going on. Bissonette looked better than he did...

Thats not to say he can't improve but I don't think having him called up this year is going to do anything for either him or us. And I don't think he is our long term power forward savior that some have painted him out to be.

Also, why the hell would we want him called up to get 4 mins a night next to godard (its been said) ?

Old
02-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Gooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony66 View Post
Dupuis has actually been playing quite well the last few games. I don't know why everyone tries to make it sound like he's been such a huge problem for us up front when he clearly hasn't been. Not many guys on this team are willing to work their ***** off and win the races to loose pucks like he does.
The top line stopped sucking the second Dupuis was taking off of it... coincidence.. I think not.

Old
02-01-2009, 10:20 AM
AquaticBirdman

I think the kid has the potential to grow into a solid top 6 winger if given the time to develop his game. I don't feel we should be rushing him into the fold so quickly though, especially when considering the fact that he'll likely see minimal playing time.

I still have faith in what he may become in the next couple of years for sure though.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Gooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
Yeah, and no offense Gooch, your seats were what, the second row from the ice, on the corner? (judging by your photos)

Those are lousy seats for seeing the play. Great when action is right in front of you, but when the play is at the other end it is fun house mirror time.
I choose the side that wbs shoots twice on.. and yes they are garbage for viewing the other side of the ice and yes it was dumb to actually pay more to get those seats... Last time I went to that place it was when the whalers were there and when I would go to that expensive package I didnt remember being next to the glass like that. But, I could see very well when WBS came into the zone for 2 periods.