HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any ideas how to fix this mess?

Old
02-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Bluenote...

I think that if Jersey offered the same contract that Gomez would've had a difficult decision. No doubt that NYC's a lure; no doubt it's actually a class organization, but at the same time, why not make the same money and be more out of the spotlight than be under the microscope? Why leave a good thing if that good thing's going to continue to play you? I think it would've been a tough decision.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I think that if Jersey offered the same contract that Gomez would've had a difficult decision. No doubt that NYC's a lure; no doubt it's actually a class organization, but at the same time, why not make the same money and be more out of the spotlight than be under the microscope? Why leave a good thing if that good thing's going to continue to play you? I think it would've been a tough decision.
Tough decision, but you know what its like being an athelete in NYC compared to anywhere else. You're privy to a world alot of atheletes dont see and as a young bachelor i'm sure he's taking full advantage of it all

I think some guys WANT to be under the microscope, its a challenge like anything else.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 07:04 PM
fourhole

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
You're absolutely right. And for the record, it's Gomez that should be moved. I can tolerate 3 more years of Drury (and hopefully, after 3 years, he re-signs for a much more reasonable salary),but I can't tolerate 5 more of Gomez.
Or 5 more years of Redden