HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Per Zipay, the Rangers aren't done on the trade front

Old
02-03-2009, 02:48 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
When was the last time that happened?
Please tell me your being facetious.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 02:50 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I think we have a 2nd GM - Mike Barnett.
You mean it isn't Perry Pearn?

I thought he had a lot to do with Wade Redden.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 02:52 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesHockey View Post
Please tell me your being facetious.
Nope. Tell me the last youth for vet trade the Rangers made.

Tell me the last young player that was traded for that matter.

02-03-2009, 02:53 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:

Fritsche

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 02:54 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:

Not for a long time, but Sather hasn't tried to make a big splash around the deadline since he's been here, except when he gutted the roster.

Oh yeah now I remember, Dan Fritche.

As an added note, The blues are in trouble at Center...so if a trade is made, say goodbye to one of our centers for Tkachuck.

Hopefully Gomez, probably Dubi.

Last edited by MikeyLikesHockey: 02-03-2009 at 03:08 PM.
MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Can we all get one thing straight? Dan Fritsche did nothing here. His best attribute was his age, and that goes out the window when you contribute nothing on the ice.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 03:46 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Can we all get one thing straight? Dan Fritsche did nothing here. His best attribute was his age, and that goes out the window when you contribute nothing on the ice.
fine than. The next most recent young player traded than was Jessiman. better.

actually Sather has traded alot of young players, or prospects. Tyutin, Montoya, Dupuis, Hall, Fritsche, Jessiman, Cliche. But none of those players were for old players in return. he always got somebody young.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Erase the first 14 games and the Rangers have been pretty much on par with the Penguins, Hurricanes, and Panthers.

I hope you're right about Anisimov, and I agree that Tkachuk would definitely be an upgrade over Voros, but I'd rather give someone else a shot before we go out and trade someone away for someone who'd be here for maybe a couple years at the end of his career.

I know that JD & Co. aren't stupid and aren't going to trade Tkachuk away for any kind of trash that the Rangers have. They're going to want something decent in return.
why erase those games? they put the team in the position to improve themselves at the deadline right?

we can all agree this team needs an upgrade in the scoring department ...why not upgrade this area and watch an improved team?

don't you think if a player from within could help the team they would be playing?

before you say prucha look at his numbers the past two playoffs and seasons...he sucks

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
You mean it isn't Perry Pearn?

I thought he had a lot to do with Wade Redden.
you mean perry pearn the guy who coaches one of the leagues best pk?

these cheap pop posts are awesome

Old
02-03-2009, 04:11 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
you mean perry pearn the guy who coaches one of the leagues best pk?

these cheap pop posts are awesome
League's best PK and league's third worst PP.

Old
02-03-2009, 04:11 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
why erase those games? they put the team in the position to improve themselves at the deadline right?

we can all agree this team needs an upgrade in the scoring department ...why not upgrade this area and watch an improved team?

don't you think if a player from within could help the team they would be playing?

before you say prucha look at his numbers the past two playoffs and seasons...he sucks
Do you truly think that Tkuchuk would help this team enough in the offense department to get this team further in the playoffs than last year?

As I said, I don't think JD & Co in St. Louis would be dumb enough to trade Tkuchuk for nothing less than a good prospect or a high pick. I wouldn't want to part with that for a one or two year guy.

If Sather made a trade and traded away some top prospects or some of our higher end youthful talent to get a big time scorer here either in the beginning of or in his prime, I wouldn't complain. I would only be annoyed if Grachev, Zherdev, both MDZ & Sanguinetti (one could be traded), Lundqvist & Staal were traded.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
so that averages out to slightly above average...

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:24 PM
OverTheCap

I don't really think Tkachuk is the answer, but is he even feasible from a cap perspective? The Blues will probably want a pick and maybe a prospect in return, and we would have to throw in some roster players as well. Tkachuk's cap hit is $4 mil where someone like Dawes is only $587,500, if Prucha is added we may be dumping enough salary because he makes $1.6 mil and we also have some extra cap space to burn.

Also, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch said the Blues are seeking a 2nd round pick and I'm not sure if Tkachuk is worth that. In my opinion, Tkachuk is not worth an overpayment unless he can bring us the Cup, which is doubtful.

If Sather's track record at the trade deadline is any indicator, he'll make some minor tweaks here and there but nothing major.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
what do you expect with the talent he's given?

surely you the man who hates drury...gomez....redden...and rozsival understand that pearn can't turn water into wine right?

Old
02-03-2009, 04:37 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

I think that Keith could help down the stretch. Provide a big bodied layer capable of playing center and LW.

He's having a nice season, but it's the PO's that have me concerned wit this guy.

Basically a no-show when the PO' roll around. His team can make the PO's but it's been proven time and again, that while his team is in the PO's, Keith starts his summer vacation at the end of April.

He's had 2 playoffs where he's been close to the player he was during the regular season. For the role he played on the teams he was on that made the PO's, Keith Tkachuk has been a PO disappointment

In the last 41 PO games, KT has scored 9 goals and 19 assists

Not what you would want for your 1st line winger/center

Hope that would change if we got him.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Do you truly think that Tkuchuk would help this team enough in the offense department to get this team further in the playoffs than last year?

As I said, I don't think JD & Co in St. Louis would be dumb enough to trade Tkuchuk for nothing less than a good prospect or a high pick. I wouldn't want to part with that for a one or two year guy.

If Sather made a trade and traded away some top prospects or some of our higher end youthful talent to get a big time scorer here either in the beginning of or in his prime, I wouldn't complain. I would only be annoyed if Grachev, Zherdev, both MDZ & Sanguinetti (one could be traded), Lundqvist & Staal were traded.
I think tkachuk would fit this team and is worth the sacrifice of a prospect and a pick...

I think this team can improve from here and with the miraculous job renney has done this season this team could go far in the playoffs...

I bet sather does too...

I could care less about unproven prospects or mid to late round 1st round picks...you can replace that talent with free agents and good scouting...(see dan giardi)

Old
02-03-2009, 04:41 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
what do you expect with the talent he's given?

surely you the man who hates drury...gomez....redden...and rozsival understand that pearn can't turn water into wine right?
You're the one who brought up stats. I brought up Wade Redden, who came here at least in some part because of Pearn, at least according to several reports during the summer.

I don't expect more, but I also don't want Wade Redden.

Old
02-03-2009, 04:44 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:

I could care less about unproven prospects or mid to late round 1st round picks...you can replace that talent with free agents and good scouting...(see dan giardi)
This upcoming draft is supposed to the deepest in the years, if anything Sather should try to trade up and see if he can compensate for the loss of Cherepanov. The Rangers don't have enough cap space to sign any top-end free agents. To succeed in this league, the Rangers will have to build from within.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
You're the one who brought up stats. I brought up Wade Redden, who came here at least in some part because of Pearn, at least according to several reports during the summer.

I don't expect more, but I also don't want Wade Redden.
did pearn sign redden? I hated that signing but you can't blame pearn for that....that is such a stretch its not even funny...

you're better then this....

Old
02-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
This upcoming draft is supposed to the deepest in the years, if anything Sather should try to trade up and see if he can compensate for the loss of Cherepanov. The Rangers don't have enough cap space to sign any top-end free agents. To succeed in this league, the Rangers will have to build from within.
I'm I the only one who see's this written on these boards EVERY year?

And for argument sake it really doesn't matter. 1999 was supposed to be a huge year, we learned it wasnt the hard way.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Levitate

^^^^^ - Yeah, pretty much, but to be fair people have been saying this upcoming draft is deep on forwards since last year. The downside for the Rangers is that there's supposedly a drop off after the top 10 picks, so they'll have to come out with a slick pick

Keith Tkachuk would be perfect if it was 10 years ago.

I'm not against improving the team, and I believe Tkachuk would do that, but I feel like it'd be wasting assets unless the Rangers can do more than just Tkachuk and then have it all come together to make them a legitimate contender.

I don't believe Tkachuk does that on his own, and therefor isn't worth giving up assets for. Maybe it'd be a bit different if he was signed for 2 more years and we knew he'd be productive in those years, but that's not the situation.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:48 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
did pearn sign redden? I hated that signing but you can't blame pearn for that....that is such a stretch its not even funny...

you're better then this....
I didn't say he signed him, but several published reports mentioned Pearn as playing a role in the process. Not surprising, they had a relationship from Ottawa.

Besides, I was making a joke. Hence the sarcasm smiley. Those other emoticons were the emoticon representation of the emotions I went to when I found out the Rangers signed Redden.

Old
02-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesHockey View Post
As an added note, The blues are in trouble at Center...so if a trade is made, say goodbye to one of our centers for Tkachuck.

Hopefully Gomez, probably Dubi.
They are? Last I checked, Oshie and Berglund were doing just fine. Not to mention Andy McDonald is due back in the next 10 days.

They're probably not going to be buyers, so why would they want a guy like Gomez back?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
They are? Last I checked, Oshie and Berglund were doing just fine. Not to mention Andy McDonald is due back in the next 10 days.

They're probably not going to be buyers, so why would they want a guy like Gomez back?
I could see the general idea of wanting a guy like Gomez to add some experience and leadership, but at his price, that's probably not a very attractive option for them.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 05:08 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:

Not disagreeing with you, however I think the last time a young player was traded for a vet was Kondratiev for Sykora.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote