HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jay Bo for Ryan Whitney + Draft Picks

Old
02-03-2009, 08:03 AM
Pittsburgh Proud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
I don't think either team does this one... J-bo will probably want 6+ mil and I doubt the Pens want another player making that much.
Whitney makes 5 million I believe.

Pittsburgh Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Proud View Post
Whitney makes 5 million I believe.
Four million. For the next four seasons. Gonchar makes five next season.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 08:32 AM
BringBackStevens

If Ryan Whitney lands JBo as the centerpiece in a deal, i will eat my own feces

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 08:49 AM
Iwishihadacup

and then, the Pens mighty defense mightily carry them to the 9th place, and then, mighty Bouwmeester pulls an Hossa

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Blackfader*

Shero isnt dumb. He would obviously sign first...

Blackfader* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 10:18 AM
genoisclyde*

To Fl: Whitney, Staal, Gogo, 2nd 09
To Pit: Horton, J Bo (signed first)

genoisclyde* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by genoisclyde View Post
If he's signed first, he's not traded.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Muscles4Malkin
Top-6 Beau

Is it possible to rule in a section on contract, that includes official sign and trade -deal, so GM has to get a signment from the player (J-Bo), that he accepts a trade to other team (Pittsburgh) and can't be UFA at the summer? It would secure the deal.

Last edited by Muscles4Malkin: 02-03-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Muscles4Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 10:56 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
Just for you, next time I'll add to make sure you'll get it the first time.
Your first attempt at sarcasm was quite terrible. 0/10.

That being said, Whitney + picks is a pretty lame deal. The picks better be substantial, getting a lesser defenseman back and no bodies back would be a terrible deal for Florida.

I don't think their fans could take one more trade like that.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Cliff O Malley

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatterson14206 View Post
Your first attempt at sarcasm was quite terrible. 0/10.

That being said, Whitney + picks is a pretty lame deal. The picks better be substantial, getting a lesser defenseman back and no bodies back would be a terrible deal for Florida.

I don't think their fans could take one more trade like that.
You are ignoring the fact that J-Bo is more than likely not going to re-sign with the Panthers next year. Losing J-Bo is a huge blow to Florida, but losing him and not getting anything in return could be devastating. Whitney would be at least a decent replacement.

Cliff O Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Muscles4Malkin
Top-6 Beau

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboostking View Post
You are ignoring the fact that J-Bo is more than likely not going to re-sign with the Panthers next year. Losing J-Bo is a huge blow to Florida, but losing him and not getting anything in return could be devastating. Whitney would be at least a decent replacement.
Bingo!

Muscles4Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboostking View Post
How do you know that? Thats purely speculation. I don't think he's going to sign here either, but no one knows.

Old
02-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
How do you know that? Thats purely speculation. I don't think he's going to sign here either, but no one knows.
If he says 'more than likely' and you agree, then what's the issue?
When J-Bo hasn't signed an extension yet, then that is a major red flag, and if Martin seriously doesn't know either, then it wouldn't be prudent for the future of the Florida franchise to not trade him.
Don't you agree?

I'm not saying I would want the deal btw. At least not if Bouw wasn't signed and that at a cap hit lower than what most assume he will demand. Otherwise we can't afford him

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by There's only one 66 View Post
If he says 'more than likely' and you agree, then what's the issue?
When J-Bo hasn't signed an extension yet, then that is a major red flag, and if Martin seriously doesn't know either, then it wouldn't be prudent for the future of the Florida franchise to not trade him.
Don't you agree?

I'm not saying I would want the deal btw. At least not if Bouw wasn't signed and that at a cap hit lower than what most assume he will demand. Otherwise we can't afford him
I agree. The fact that he hasn't signed an extension yet is not a good sign. Its hard to tell what Martin should do. I mean you definitely don't wanna lose a guy like Jbo for nothing, or at all for that matter. Ideally, the best case scenario would be to keep him.

If the feeling is that he's gonna walk, then you gotta make a trade. I can understand the "lets keep him, hope we make the playoffs, and hope he re-signs." concept, but its pretty risky if we do that.

Thank god the trade deadline is only a month away lol.

Old
02-03-2009, 11:51 AM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by genoisclyde View Post
A signed Jay Bo = Malkin. Otherwise, fuggetaboutit. Oh, and STOP WITH THE HORTON + JAY PROPOSALS, please please please!!! If you are referring to a sign and trade, then I send a letter cursing this organization to Jacques Martin and Alan Cohen every day if he's traded for Whitney. That would be utterly horrible.

If Florida signs Bo (somehow), he's not going anywhere unless it's for a franchise type player like Malkin. Martin has said many times Jay is franchise defenseman tha the organization would open its wallet for. The rumor by our local beat writer was the Panthers offered him a 3 year 21 million deal - that 7 mill per season. It's not about the $ to Jay, it's about winning and stability in the organization.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:09 PM
sgupca

Quote:
I hope this doesn't happen. Whitney is good, but I'd much rather keep JayBo than trade him. If we were forced to trade him, I'd want offense coming back.
My good old leaf hating friend Biggzy, I think thats a great offer for your Panthers. Sure Jay-bo is a much better-well rounded Defensemen than Whitney.

That all being said, Whitney is locked into a long-term decent contract.

Therefore,

Whitney + picks >>>>>>>>>>>>> Losing Jay-bo for nothing.

I'd take it and run if i were the Panthers.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:10 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
A signed Jay Bo = Malkin. Otherwise, fuggetaboutit. Oh, and STOP WITH THE HORTON + JAY PROPOSALS, please please please!!! If you are referring to a sign and trade, then I send a letter cursing this organization to Jacques Martin and Alan Cohen every day if he's traded for Whitney. That would be utterly horrible.

If Florida signs Bo (somehow), he's not going anywhere unless it's for a franchise type player like Malkin. Martin has said many times Jay is franchise defenseman tha the organization would open its wallet for. The rumor by our local beat writer was the Panthers offered him a 3 year 21 million deal - that 7 mill per season. It's not about the $ to Jay, it's about winning and stability in the organization.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:23 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner Tazer View Post
Whitney is ALL offense... unles of course you want forwards coming back the other way?

In my opinion Pittsburgh wants wingers more than a defenseman.
He wasn't all offense in the playoffs, he was well rounded. He's not done developing his game yet.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:25 PM
vcx*

Quote:

Put the drugs down. You think a signed Jay Bouwmeester = Evgeni Malkin? Maybe that's just you, but I would bet no one else thinks that. Jay Bo isn't a top 3 defenseman in the NHL, Malkin is aguably a top 3 player in the NHL and right now, the leader in pts. I like Jay Bo but he's grossly overrated at times on here, but then again, that's the norm.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Makes no sense.

Why the hell would Florida trade Jay-Bo when they are in the playoff hunt?

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:41 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
Makes no sense.

Why the hell would Florida trade Jay-Bo when they are in the playoff hunt?
The goal for most teams, how very few, is winning the cup not making the playoffs. Big deal they make the playoffs, lose and jaybo walks. You trade him no doubt and get assets back in return that can help you get to your goal. Then again for florida making the playoffs is like winning the cup so who knows.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 01:12 PM
SouthFLFan79

switch whitney for staal and makes more sense for florida

SouthFLFan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:

It's about the money. If he hit the open market and 3/21 is the best offer, he takes it. But, if you're Florida, why even waste your time with a 3 year deal, wow the guy with a 7 year/49 million deal. Make it hard for him to say no. 3/21 is peanuts for a guy who by your GMs own admission is a "franchise" defenseman. Put it out there, give him a deadline and if he doesn't sign, trade him.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 03:18 PM
JTG

Quote:
If he's signed first, he's not traded.
Signed...meaning he has a deal worked out with Pittsburgh.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 03:19 PM
JTG

Quote:
A signed Jay Bo = Malkin.
This proves post count does not equal credibility.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote