HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

bobby clarke should be

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 05:16 AM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
bobby clarke should be

suspened along with the others, if there is any funny bussiness on april 2 in phili.he publicly has threatened 2 ottawa players.after last nights games hopefully they make an example outta bert,so we dont have to witness this kinda bull chit again!you take an aweful chance when you state things publicly that you are goin to "repay"someone..marc crawford should be suspened also..imho..

"That gutless puke Martin doing that (expletive). But when you pull that (expletive) off, it comes back to get you. They have to come in here (April 2) one more time. They won't be able to hide Alfredsson and Hossa and all the guys then."

http://wwww.sportsnet.ca/hockey/arti...07_110734_4860

Old
03-09-2004, 05:59 AM
NJ_Devil_Boy

Old news unfortunately...

Old
03-09-2004, 06:12 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Devil_Boy
Old news unfortunately...
---------------------------------------------------------
yes and so was the naslund incident 2 weeks ago and now look..my point is that the canucks stated there was goin to be revenge and look what happened?even the canuck players are sick at what took place..i just saying bobby clarke making threats should be liable if anything happens on the 2 of april..

Old
03-09-2004, 06:15 AM
anonymous*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
---------------------------------------------------------
yes and so was the naslund incident 2 weeks ago and now look..my point is that the canucks stated there was goin to be revenge and look what happened?even the canuck players are sick at what took place..i just saying bobby clarke making threats should be liable if anything happens on the 2 of april..
Cry me a river, please

Old
03-09-2004, 06:18 AM
NJ_Devil_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
i just saying bobby clarke making threats should be liable if anything happens on the 2 of april..
Fine, suspend him then, but it's not like he's bashed some guy on the head. It's one thing to talk, but it's another to act.

Edit: Didn't Crawford say (after the Naslund incident) something like "He will get his"?

Last edited by NJ_Devil_Boy: 03-09-2004 at 06:32 AM.
Old
03-09-2004, 06:50 AM
MojoJojo

I predict that after March 9th, the league will suspend his duties as GM, and not allow him to make any more trades until the off season.

Old
03-09-2004, 08:20 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
I predict that after March 9th, the league will suspend his duties as GM, and not allow him to make any more trades until the off season.
ON NO!

Old
03-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Devil_Boy
Fine, suspend him then, but it's not like he's bashed some guy on the head. It's one thing to talk, but it's another to act.

On a totally unrelated topic we all hope Osama Bin Laden will be found soon and given a hefty fine and suspension.

Old
03-09-2004, 04:20 PM
BruinsGirl

I'll think ge will get fined.

I remember after McLaren/Zednik accident Michel Therrien was threatening B's players and promising to get even next game. I think he only got fined and no suspension.

Old
03-09-2004, 04:49 PM
IronMarshal

Go ahead fine him. He doesn't care about the fine. Better yet, put him and Martin in a closet and let them settle it like men (I like Clarke in that one - he is in better shape and is tougher).
All I can say is I hope Clarke and Hitch conspire to have a goon filled line up and back up the threats. Ottawa cannot be allowed to get away with that nonsense (especially Havlat).
I'm sure the Ottawa fans will be signing on shortly

Old
03-09-2004, 06:59 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMarshal
Go ahead fine him. He doesn't care about the fine. Better yet, put him and Martin in a closet and let them settle it like men (I like Clarke in that one - he is in better shape and is tougher).
All I can say is I hope Clarke and Hitch conspire to have a goon filled line up and back up the threats. Ottawa cannot be allowed to get away with that nonsense (especially Havlat).
/signing on
I say let the Flyers look for revenge...go crazy. Get yourself a ton of suspensions and I'm sure the whole NHL will be laughing when they bow out in the 1st round.

Old
03-09-2004, 08:15 PM
04' hockey

Huh?

[QUOTE=doug mckenzie]suspened along with the others, if there is any funny bussiness on april 2 in phili.he publicly has threatened 2 ottawa players.after last nights games hopefully they make an example outta bert,so we dont have to witness this kinda bull chit again!you take an aweful chance when you state things publicly that you are goin to "repay"someone..marc crawford should be suspened also..imho..

"That gutless puke Martin doing that (expletive). But when you pull that (expletive) off, it comes back to get you. They have to come in here (April 2) one more time. They won't be able to hide Alfredsson and Hossa and all the guys then."

GET A JOB.....you seem bored.

Old
03-09-2004, 09:41 PM
stanley

He's not getting suspended or fined. If comments (or better yet, actions) are the NHL's grounds for issuing punishment, Martin should be suspended for sending Ray on the ice while down by three goals with two minutes to play. The guy had 3:51 of ice time - half that of any other Senator, and Brashear (12:14 of ice time and on a regular shift) was already on the ice when Ray came out. I was born at night, but it wasn't last night. Ray was out there to stir things up and send a message. Then, after the first melee, he put Neil out there even though the Flyers had no fighters left on the ice, and Neil promptly dropped the gloves off the faceoff with Radovan "The Terror" Somik. Oh by the way, Chara skated from the red line to in front of the Flyer net to grab Timander. Two guys who could readily be associated with a fight taking on two guys who wouldn't know a fight if you drew them a picture with circles and arrows and words on the back describing what was on the front.

I really had few problems with the whole thing, but if one wants a suspension or fine for Clarke's statement, I'm sure that person would want one for Martin's ACTIONS. Unless, of course, that person has no problem with the associated hypocricy.

Old
03-10-2004, 12:01 AM
Golden Foppa

This public threatening of players by opposing players, coaches, and gms has to be dealt with seriously if someone on the team carries out the threat. The NHL is being ripped all over the media in light of the Bertuzzi incident and if something should happen between Philly and Ottawa, it could be crippling to the NHL.

Old
03-10-2004, 12:16 AM
quat
vapid but stately

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
I think you should choose your words with a little more care....

Two guys in a closet settling something like men? That's just weird.

How about in four feet of water with sledge hammers?:p

Old
03-10-2004, 12:19 AM
nikrag03*

Send a message via MSN to nikrag03*
Quote:
Clarke's a *****.

Old
03-10-2004, 06:55 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
/signing on
I say let the Flyers look for revenge...go crazy. Get yourself a ton of suspensions and I'm sure the whole NHL will be laughing when they bow out in the 1st round.

Won't they lose in the first round regardless of whether they get any suspensions?

Old
03-10-2004, 07:36 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
/signing on

This coming from a guy who has Patrick "5 hole" Lalime on his team? You actually think he will get you anywhere this year? We beat you last friday SOUNDLY and I'm sorry, but Greg Devries is not going to convince me that he will put you over the top. You could end up getting Toronto or a tougher opponent in the first round. Hopefully, the Leafs take the division from you, shouldn't be too hard.

Quote:
Won't they lose in the first round regardless of whether they get any suspensions?
No, you traitor.

Quote:
Clarke's a *****.
Clarke's a genius, I agree.

Closed Thread