HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

O'Neill Gone... Roise Up?

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
O'Neill Gone... Roise Up?

With O'Neill off the market with the injury, how much do we get for Rosie now? His price should go up a lot, as, arguably, he is the best rental forward.

Old
03-08-2004, 08:09 PM
filthy#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
With O'Neill off the market with the injury, how much do we get for Rosie now? His price should go up a lot, as, arguably, he is the best rental forward.
you would like to think so.

Old
03-08-2004, 08:13 PM
Barnaby

Can't hurt

Rev, what do you think about the Carter return for Washington? I think they could have gotten more, but maybe I just undervalue Aulin?

Old
03-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Terryble

McKenzie: Deadline dealing

http://tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

For the Vancouver Canucks, they are interested in Aleksey Morozov of the Pittsburgh Penguins. Martin Rucinsky is another name of some interest to them.

If we look at the remaining New York Rangers, Rucinsky is the most marketable name right now -- lots of teams interested in him. Dallas may be the front-runner, but L.A., San Jose and St. Louis, in addition to Vancouver, amongst others, have some interest.

Old
03-08-2004, 08:55 PM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryble
http://tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

For the Vancouver Canucks, they are interested in Aleksey Morozov of the Pittsburgh Penguins. Martin Rucinsky is another name of some interest to them.

If we look at the remaining New York Rangers, Rucinsky is the most marketable name right now -- lots of teams interested in him. Dallas may be the front-runner, but L.A., San Jose and St. Louis, in addition to Vancouver, amongst others, have some interest.

Erskine, please. Haven't gotten too many defensive prospects yet and he is a big tough stay at home type from Dallas.

Old
03-08-2004, 09:17 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
Erskine, please. Haven't gotten too many defensive prospects yet and he is a big tough stay at home type from Dallas.
he is just a glorified dale purrinton... id think we can do better then that..

Old
03-08-2004, 09:27 PM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
he is just a glorified dale purrinton... id think we can do better then that..
He was drafted 39th in 1998 (2nd Round), he is younger than Dale and has alot more upside.

He would be a good starting point considering that the only defensive prospect the Rangers have picked up is Kondratiev. Here is his HF profile

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=143

Old
03-08-2004, 09:32 PM
in the hall

Quote:
He was drafted 39th in 1998 (2nd Round), he is younger than Dale and has alot more upside.

He would be a good starting point considering that the only defensive prospect the Rangers have picked up is Kondratiev. Here is his HF profile

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=143
scott parker was drafted in the first round... like erskine his fists are a huge reason why... i realize hes younger and has more upside.. like i said glorified dale... his upside is still not enough to force him into a trade some how.. he is not nearly as good as youre making him be..

basically the only difference between him and dale is their head and hands... he is just as slow and not so talented..

Old
03-08-2004, 09:36 PM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatherExecutioner
"but it is still a reach to consider his skating average. His speed is not that great, nor is his agility. Positionally, he can sometimes take too much of a gamble to lay out big hits. He also should keep a better handle on his temper at times. Offensively, Erskine will probably never post very high point totals."

I think I'll pass. We need big defenseman, but he has to be able to skate like Malakhov and Mironov, which is above average.
Same was said about Beukeboom and his skating. Still trying to find a replacement after all these years. Erskine would be good for doing something the Rangers find alien, clearing the crease. Remeber guys, the Rangers are looking for prospects not perfection in every trade.

Old
03-08-2004, 09:49 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatherExecutioner
Beukeboom was a totally different hockey era, now everybody is very fast, speedy forwards will skate circles around him just like they do with Purinton.
beukeboom also benefited from playing with one of the best skating defensemen ever... he is also a poor example for comparison because just how many jeff beukebooms have there been and i dont mean scott stevens or keith carney.. i mean an ill talented player with that degree of success..

Old
03-08-2004, 09:58 PM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
beukeboom also benefited from playing with one of the best skating defensemen ever... he is also a poor example for comparison because just how many jeff beukebooms have there been and i dont mean scott stevens or keith carney.. i mean an ill talented player with that degree of success..
Why don't we agree to disagree

It is just my opinion that the Rangers need more defensive prospects and Erskine would be a step in the right direction. If the Rangers trade anymore d-men, they have to get someone back or bring up someone from Hartford. Erskine can no longer be sent to the farm unless he clears waivers. He is better then Dale and like I said would be a good starting point in a trade. I never said Rucinsky for Erskine straight up. So would this be good for you two

Rucinsky for Erskine and a 1st.

Old
03-08-2004, 10:06 PM
ddheyman

Quote:

It is just my opinion that the Rangers need more defensive prospects and Erskine would be a step in the right direction. If the Rangers trade anymore d-men, they have to get someone back or bring up someone from Hartford. Erskine can no longer be sent to the farm unless he clears waivers. He is better then Dale and like I said would be a good starting point in a trade. I never said Rucinsky for Erskine straight up. So would this be good for you two

Yes.

Old
03-08-2004, 11:03 PM
in the hall

Quote:

that we can agree on...

Old
03-09-2004, 12:20 AM
in the hall

Quote:

that we can agree on...

Closed Thread