HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes Trade Predictions

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesFan10
If not to New Jersey then Hill needs to go somewhere. He is a guy we have to move. Colorado went out and got Salo which effectively dries up the Irbe market unless Toronto comes calling. Hill will probably be gone next year and it would nice to get something out of it.
Toronto is saying Pilar for Hill. I'm not sure if there is any truth to that or not, but it's running hot and cold there as well. Stay tuned.

Old
03-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Les Ouragans

Just when I was coming on to say nothing had moved on the TSN Trade Tracker in a while, just saw Sanderson to the 'Nucks. Guess we'll have to wait a while longer (seems the trades are usually wrapped about this time)

Old
03-09-2004, 05:05 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Deleted....I didn't realize my post went through 2 hours ago

Note: I don't want friggin Pilar.

Old
03-09-2004, 08:01 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHurricane16
Dude, that is so true. But, I feel Rutherford is going to let us all down. I can "hear" bleedgreen thinking that...wherever he is.
im not happy at all about ronnie - but if he wants to go there...ill have to live with it. i figured if he waived his clause that we wouldnt get anyhitng for him. my computer couldnt get on this site for like 5 hours - what happened to hill? i still havent heard anything about it. if rutherford didnt trade him for something after he said he would go - im pretty po'd at jr. how do you not get that done? the rangers can get rid of all those clowns but we cant trade sean hill? brutal if its true. i dont like the morris trade for the avs at all, which matters since theyre all i can watch after april.

Old
03-09-2004, 08:31 PM
HughJass*

Dude, unless something screwy is going on in the NHL office...Hill is still a Hurricane.

I want to kick Rutherford in the nuts.

Old
03-10-2004, 08:13 AM
The Kitner Boy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Dude, unless something screwy is going on in the NHL office...Hill is still a Hurricane.

I want to kick Rutherford in the nuts.

I think the Rutherford should be forced to explain why he didn't trade Hill. Maybe he is going to re-sign him this year.

Old
03-10-2004, 05:21 PM
jeffbear

Yeah ... stuck with Hill ... but if the return would have been something like we got for Francis, then that's fine. No need to insult the man ... he can play out the year with the Canes and then he's a free agent again. Not the biggest deal in the world, and this draft is shallow ... so moving Hill for a fourth or so wouldn't have accomplished anything at all.

Old
03-10-2004, 05:59 PM
HughJass*

Jeff, you've got to be kidding me.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=60670

It doesn't matter what it is. If Hill won't be back next season, there is no reason to keep him around. A 4th round pick could be another Vasicek. I can't believe you just said that...then again, maybe I need to back away from the PC for a couple of days before I completely hate this team and everything associated with it.

If Hill cared about the team, he would have allowed a trade to happen to help the team. Oh, my bad, Hill's ego, greed, and loyalty to his family (even though he will be moving in a few months anyway) got in the way. Ridiculous, I don't care what you or what anyone else say. This team is officially mired in mediocrity.

I'll be less harsh on my return to these boards. I'm not happy with the situation at the moment. I'm happy for Francis, but that's about it.

Old
03-10-2004, 07:13 PM
WoodGundy

Quote:
This team is officially mired in mediocrity.
Except for one little blip on the radar, the franchise might not be good enough to be considered mediocre. Take away '02 and you have a franchise that has one play-off round victory in its 20+ year history. I challenge you to name another pro sports franchise with that kind of record.

Old
03-10-2004, 09:23 PM
HughJass*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodGundy
Except for one little blip on the radar, the franchise might not be good enough to be considered mediocre. Take away '02 and you have a franchise that has one play-off round victory in its 20+ year history. I challenge you to name another pro sports franchise with that kind of record.
Sacramento Kings (pre 1999), LA Clippers, Washington Senators/Texas Rangers, and Hartford Whalers/Carolina Hurricanes are one of a kind.

The Senators/Rangers baseball organization has never won a series since it's inception (4th incarnation of the Wash. Senators...funny story that is) in 1972. The funny story is the fact that the Minnesota Twins and Texas Rangers are both the Washington Senators. I think the other two-instances of Senators folded.

Old
03-10-2004, 09:34 PM
WoodGundy

Quote:
Washington Senators/Texas Rangers
Good point. I think I heard around the A-Rod trade time that the Rangers have only ever won one play-off game.

Old
03-10-2004, 09:46 PM
Skydog

Don't forget the Phoenix Coyotes/Winnipeg Jets.

Old
03-11-2004, 02:45 AM
bleedgreen

http://www.slamsports.com/Slam040310/nhl_tor1-sun.html
there is a sentence in this regarding hill, those of you who are unhappy about how his situation turned out will be interested to read it. im getting a little more frustrated every day.

Old
03-11-2004, 02:49 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen
http://www.slamsports.com/Slam040310/nhl_tor1-sun.html
there is a sentence in this regarding hill, those of you who are unhappy about how his situation turned out will be interested to read it. im getting a little more frustrated every day.
Quote:
Ferguson likely would have had defenceman Sean Hill from Carolina for draft picks and a prospect but would not grant Hill a contract extension.
I simply can't believe that, my goodness. Hill for draft PICKS and a prospect?! Argh. If Hill doesn't resign and score 50 points for us next season i'm going to be irate.

Old
03-11-2004, 09:44 AM
jeffbear

The best offer I've heard that the Leafs made for Hill was Pilar, in which case I'm glad we didn't do the deal, and yeah ... I'm serious. If all he was worth was a fourth rounder in THIS draft then forget it. This draft is totally shallow and whatever you get that late is a guaranteed crapshoot. If this was LAST year, then sure.

Closed Thread