HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Tyler Kennedy suspended one game

Old
02-02-2009, 06:50 PM
vcx*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marns View Post
There's really not much more to add to this. I agree 100%.
No kidding, it used to be that you fought when it was a dirty hit, now any clean hit that makes a loud enough noise along the boards, 100% legal, draws a crowd and a fight.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:56 PM
angelgirl77

Suspension or not...that took balls. Schenn is a big guy, and TK is a little troll of a man. TK held his own too...looks like he landed a few...

angelgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Billy Crawford

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialthrila13 View Post
Ok so I know this site is for people to say their peace about the team and to vent. The Whitney hate is more than well known as well as the rants on a few other players, but what's with the hate on Kennedy?

He's always after the puck, he gives 110% the whole game and look now he sticks up for his teammates? So he's not a winger like Ovie, Kovalev, or Kovalchuk. Or not yet someone like Gagne, but I think Kennedy will be damn good for us...if you don't consider him to already be.

I also say this not just because of what the second post in this thread says but because of a few past posts where some here have scoffed at Kennedy being put on Crosbys line.

Hey if you want to hate him fine that's a lot....scratch that it's pretty much all a few posters do here. I'm not saying all your supposed to do is praise the team and EVERYTHING they do but what's the hate all about? At least with Whitney (who I'll say is one of my favorite players despite his flaws which I think he will fix), Gill and Eaton I see the reasons why their disliked...so whats up with the Kennedy bashing?
It's not so much Kennedy as it is a league-wide habit that shouldn't exist. I love Kennedy and I'm sure most of those who "bash" him love him too, but he did something stupid, that's all. I still love him even after that, if that's what you're worried about.

Billy Crawford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:03 PM
WVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialthrila13 View Post
Ok so I know this site is for people to say their peace about the team and to vent. The Whitney hate is more than well known as well as the rants on a few other players, but what's with the hate on Kennedy?

He's always after the puck, he gives 110% the whole game and look now he sticks up for his teammates? So he's not a winger like Ovie, Kovalev, or Kovalchuk. Or not yet someone like Gagne, but I think Kennedy will be damn good for us...if you don't consider him to already be.

I also say this not just because of what the second post in this thread says but because of a few past posts where some here have scoffed at Kennedy being put on Crosbys line.

Hey if you want to hate him fine that's a lot....scratch that it's pretty much all a few posters do here. I'm not saying all your supposed to do is praise the team and EVERYTHING they do but what's the hate all about? At least with Whitney (who I'll say is one of my favorite players despite his flaws which I think he will fix), Gill and Eaton I see the reasons why their disliked...so whats up with the Kennedy bashing?
Kennedy's a board favorite, and rightfully so. I'm not sure what you're referring to.

WVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:31 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

But wait! I thought the NHL and Gary Buttman only make calls in FAVOUR of the Pens!

Come on guys, this is an absolutely ridiculous suspension to say the least. I find it funny that the NHL actually waited till the most crucial part of the season to finally start acting like they care about enforcing any kind of rules. 1 game suspension for trying to shift momentum by dropping the gloves. On top of that, Schenn even ended up accepting TFK's challenge (which he didn't have to), so why Kennedy is the only one taking the heat for it is beyond me.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:33 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelgirl77 View Post
Suspension or not...that took balls. Schenn is a big guy, and TK is a little troll of a man. TK held his own too...looks like he landed a few...
Having balls in this league gets you suspended. Being someone like Deveaux that goes after smaller, 2nd line players on the other hand gets a blind eye from the league.

Old
02-02-2009, 07:34 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
who cares. I'd rather have those fights instead of the pre-organized ones between the teams two enforcers that mean absolutely nothing.
Couldn't agree more. I applauded TFK's character during the game, and I still applaud it till this day.

Old
02-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Now I wish it had been Godard. Nothing against Schenn, but if you're going to take a suspension, you might as well wipe the floor with the kid.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Man Hole Inspector*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjb141 View Post
What?

There's a big difference between Luke Schenn and Malkin...

And tbh, I really don't care if it's Kennedy or not who's doing the fighting, the point is it that it should just be someone. Clearly Kennedy was the only one willing.
If you took the time to actually read you'd see that I said, theres a difference in a star quality..I know Malkin is about a cagillion times better then Schenn, but thats for refreshing my memory.

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:13 PM
PenguinGuru*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian-Rocket View Post
I hope Malkin does the right thing and compensates his salary. I hate the instigator rule so much.

PenguinGuru* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:45 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelgirl77 View Post
balls, yes. held his own, not rly.

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 09:11 PM
ZapRowsdower13
FROstige Worldwide!

Send a message via AIM to ZapRowsdower13
I know there are supporters of Kennedy on here, I guess I've probably taken some comments another way and seen some other bashing of him is what made me ask the question in the first place.

Ya I was upset to at when he did it but I'll enjoy the fact he did it more because other than Goodard and Biss who else will do it? Orpik if he has too?

ZapRowsdower13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 09:34 PM
FDBluth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Now I wish it had been Godard. Nothing against Schenn, but if you're going to take a suspension, you might as well wipe the floor with the kid.
If the Pens sent Godard out to fight Schenn I would be embarrassed for this organization.

FDBluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Jacob

People seemed rather impressed with Ruff when he sent out Peters against Spezza after Drury took a clean hit.

Jacob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

I think the punishment is fair, because the rules are the rules and everyone involved should know. It just seems weird because everyone can see that there's no underhanded tactics going here in sending TFK out to fight someone much, much bigger than himself.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 09:55 PM
SarahCrash

I wished Satan would've been the one to go after Schenn in between plays.

but again, there's a lot of things I wish of Satan. -wait, that line makes me sound like a lucifarian.

SarahCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Canadian89

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONCITY44 View Post
this is bull**** because who else is goin to stick up 4 him? i know godard would but schenn would back out.the pens need more grit
I really don't think Schenn would have backed down. He initiated a fight with Neil for a dirty hit on Stajan and held his ground & also fought Davison [but got his ass handed to him].

Canadian89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21pro View Post
I wished Satan would've been the one to go after Schenn in between plays.

but again, there's a lot of things I wish of Satan. -wait, that line makes me sound like a lucifarian.
I think there's a better chance of me wearing that dress in your avatar than Satan defending anyone like that on any team.

In fact, there's probably a way better chance of Satan wearing the dress.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Canadian89

Quote:
That's disgusting? Why exactly would your intend be to "wipe the floor with this kid"?
Because he was doing his job?
Because he made a clean hit?
Because he injured Malkin? Oh wait... Malkin was fine...

This is ridiculous. Sending a player out to deliberately fight another player for a CLEAN hit is just by me. If it was a dirty hit, by all means - take revenge. But it wasn't & Malkin is fine. Schenn was doing his job - making a clean big hit. So what, everytime Schenn or any other player lays a clean big hit, you want them to be smacked down by some goon? If you really want to retaliate, send out a player and throw a big body hit on Schenn or another Leafs. OR maybe, if you REALLY must fight, don't do it while Schenn is getting of the ice for a line change, during the whistle and Kennedy is just jumping off. Yeh, yeh I know Schenn could have backed down, but then everyone would be slamming him for being a ***** for running arond hitting players and then running away when someone calls him out. Schenn doesnt back down. If it was a dirty hit I wouldnt have cared - actually, Schenn stood up for Stajan by fighting Neil after Neil laid a dirty knee on knee hit to Stajan, even though Stajan was fine after the play. Schenn's intention wasn't to injure anyone, and it's not like he has any prior instances where he did throw a dirty hit. If Schenn HAD injured Malkin in during this hit, sure. He's a rookie [yes, I know he's big], trying to establish himself in the league, doing his job. I'm sure if it were the other way around, and it was a star leafs player [yes yes i know they dont have any] that was on the receiving end of a big clean hit and then the Leafs sent out another player between the whistles while the penguins young player was coming off the ice you would think it was uncalled for.

This wasn't just directed towards you, but to everyone saying that they should have sent someone out to smack down Schenn.

Also, this fight didnt do anything for the Penguins inregards of momentum - the Leafs ended up scoring a few minutes after the fight.

Last edited by Canadian89: 02-02-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old
02-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian89 View Post
That's disgusting? Why exactly would your intend be to "wipe the floor with this kid"?
Because he was doing his job?
Because he made a clean hit?
Because he injured Malkin? Oh wait... Malkin was fine...

This is ridiculous. Sending a player out to deliberately fight another player for a CLEAN hit is just by me. If it was a dirty hit, by all means - take revenge. But it wasn't & Malkin is fine. Schenn was doing his job - making a clean big hit. So what, everytime Schenn or any other player lays a clean big hit, you want them to be smacked down by some goon? If you really want to retaliate, send out a player and throw a big body hit on Schenn or another Leafs. OR maybe, if you REALLY must fight, don't do it while Schenn is getting of the ice for a line change, during the whistle and Kennedy is just jumping off. Yeh, yeh I know Schenn could have backed down, but then everyone would be slamming him for being a ***** for running arond hitting players and then running away when someone calls him out. Schenn doesnt back down. If it was a dirty hit I wouldnt have cared - actually, Schenn stood up for Stajan by fighting Neil after Neil laid a dirty knee on knee hit to Stajan, even though Stajan was fine after the play. Schenn's intention wasn't to injure anyone, and it's not like he has any prior instances where he did throw a dirty hit. If Schenn HAD injured Malkin in during this hit, sure. He's a rookie [yes, I know he's big], trying to establish himself in the league, doing his job. I'm sure if it were the other way around, and it was a star leafs player [yes yes i know they dont have any] that was on the receiving end of a big clean hit and then the Leafs sent out another player between the whistles while the penguins young player was coming off the ice you would think it was uncalled for.

This wasn't just directed towards you, but to everyone saying that they should have sent someone out to smack down Schenn.

Also, this fight didnt do anything for the Penguins inregards of momentum - the Leafs ended up scoring a few minutes after the fight.
You seem upset.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Canadian89

Quote:
You seem upset.
It wasn't my intention to seem "upset". Just wanted to say what my opinion was, thats all.