HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Official MMA Thread: Part IX

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2009, 02:26 PM
kurt
the last emperor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
I was a bit surprised because when Tito interviewed Babalu post-fight at Afflction II, both were very respectful to each other. It's kind of tough to follow all the twists and turns with that feud since it's been going on for a few years now. From my vantage point, it looked like Babalu was being the aggressor, but who knows what started it and we know how Tito can egg people on while keeping that huge smile on his face.
They're just doing their job, trying to sell the future fight. I wouldn't buy into any of it being real.

Old
04-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
They're just doing their job, trying to sell the future fight. I wouldn't buy into any of it being real.
I believe that for Tito. But Babalu has a short temper, as we all know. They were also doing this without the live cameras on them, so I'm willing to believe that at least there is some hatred between the two.

Old
04-14-2009, 09:56 PM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's not on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shef View Post
Whos everyone got in the Rua vs Liddell match?

Im thinking Rua finally shows up and knocks Chuck out.
I don't know whether to be more worried about Chuck's chin or Shogun's CARDIOOOOOOO.

Watching Chuck kill people with hooks and uppercuts that seem to come out of nowhere on reruns of UFC Unleashed was one of the things that got me hooked on UFC in the first place. I have kind of a soft spot for Chuck as a result. But the way things have gone for him lately... I dunno... I don't know if he'll last long enough for Shogun to get tired. I could picture Chuck getting KO'ed again, and Dana White might be serious about this being Chuck's last fight.

Old
04-15-2009, 01:39 AM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Sweet. Looks like the business is brewing is starting for Tito/Babalu. Those guys will definitely sell a PPV. And I'm still convinced both of these guys are right in the top-10 mix still in their division. I'm looking forward to that fight.

Anyone have any idea how this event did in terms of PPV buys? Was it free in the US?
As far as I know Babalu is still supposed to fight Rafael Feijao (guy from Anderson Silva's camp who wrecked a few people in EliteXC) in June so it'd have to be after that I guess and could depend on whether or not Babalu wins. Though I would still have some doubts given the ludicrous amount of money that Tito would probably want.

Also Overeem is supposed to defend his Strikeforce heavyweight title but no word who he will fight yet. Werdum has signed with Strikeforce so we could get a rematch. Other than that I can't think of anyone worthwhile, Overeem would wreck a guy like Brett Rogers who's probably one of the better HWs they have right now.

Also personally I think Chuck is going to make Shogun look really, really bad. Please prove me wrong Shogun.

Old
04-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

So since the powers that be have given us our own board for MMA, I'll close this thread so we can start opening up more specific threads.

If anyone with creative talent wants to start doing GDT-like threads for upcoming PPVs, I can sticky those leading up to the event.

Closed Thread