HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Takeover of the Nassau Coliseum April 2

Old
02-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Rangers Forever

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rangers Forever
Takeover of the Nassau Coliseum April 2

Hello. As you could have probably guessed, my favorite team is the Rangers. However, I was born into a surely unique situation, where one parent is a Rangers fan, another a Habs fan. Due to my location, I chose the Rangers, but even through the hatred between the two, I still like the Habs to keep my mother's side of the family happy. I know, I am a strange and ridiculous case, and no, I'm not interested in your opinions of how ****** a fan I am.

Anyways, I attended the Habs-Devils game in NJ on January 2nd and had a great time taking over their arena, even though we lost. Now, I shouldn't be doing this since I have no money and no job, but I'm trying to convince a group of friends to buy tickets with me to go to the game vs the Islanders in the Nassau Coliseum on April 2nd. If not, perhaps my mother since she loves the Habs. I am willing to make the 90 minute drive for the game.

Now, my question is, do you guys think it will be a majority Habs fans there? This will be my first time actively cheering for the Habs at a game, and wearing a jersey, especially if I go with my mother. Are there any tips you guys have for being a Habs fan at an "away" game like this? Are any of you going? Any additional comments?

Thanks guys, have a good day.

Rangers Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Mustafa*

If you are wearing a Hab's jersey, be a class act.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I think it's guaranteed there'll be tons of Habs fans there.

This was on November 1st in our last game at Nassau this season.

LOL at the Isles fan near the end.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 02-02-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Woland

The Habs were doing good back then. Enthusiasm has that effect . These days however ....

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 11:29 PM
MayorFord

the only time they get close to a sellout is when the habs are in town lol

MayorFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 11:31 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

habs fan in those video

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:02 AM
stfs25

The Nov 1st game was on saturday night and a lot of fans from Montreal make the trip to New York in car and in bus. but the april 2 game in on thursday night so there will not have a lot of fans in this 2nd game in Uniondale

stfs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 08:48 AM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers Forever View Post
Hello. As you could have probably guessed, my favorite team is the Rangers. However, I was born into a surely unique situation, where one parent is a Rangers fan, another a Habs fan. Due to my location, I chose the Rangers, but even through the hatred between the two, I still like the Habs to keep my mother's side of the family happy. I know, I am a strange and ridiculous case, and no, I'm not interested in your opinions of how ****** a fan I am.

Anyways, I attended the Habs-Devils game in NJ on January 2nd and had a great time taking over their arena, even though we lost. Now, I shouldn't be doing this since I have no money and no job, but I'm trying to convince a group of friends to buy tickets with me to go to the game vs the Islanders in the Nassau Coliseum on April 2nd. If not, perhaps my mother since she loves the Habs. I am willing to make the 90 minute drive for the game.

Now, my question is, do you guys think it will be a majority Habs fans there? This will be my first time actively cheering for the Habs at a game, and wearing a jersey, especially if I go with my mother. Are there any tips you guys have for being a Habs fan at an "away" game like this? Are any of you going? Any additional comments?

Thanks guys, have a good day.
Things you need to be careful is, you'll be bashed to death on NHL board, you'll be considered as classless, no matter what you say from now on, you're wrong. All the players you think are good suck and if they are 20 or more they busted.

If you're ready to take those risk then enjoy the game, show some class down there and obviously, dont cheer and boo in a 3 seconds span you could confuse the Isles fan.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote