HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Krejci

Old
02-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
I'm the one that went out on a limb to suggest that we let either Kessel or Krejci walk if it means 4 1st rounders, but even I can't get behind letting them both walk. You have to keep one of them for sure. I think one of them wrapped up long term, plus the cap space you save, plus the 4 1st rounders to trade away with, wouldn't crush the momentum that this team has built.

In full disclosure, we all hope that they resign both of them, but I wouldn't be crushed if one of them is gone and 4 1st rounders came back this way.
Kind of depends on who does the offering doesn't it. If it's a divisional rival, hell someone in the East even, who is a very good team... do you accept the 4 firsts even though they'll likely be 20-30 overalls with slim chances to be as good as Kessel or Krejci, whom you'll be getting burned by for the foreseeable future?

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 02:56 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Kind of depends on who does the offering doesn't it. If it's a divisional rival, hell someone in the East even, who is a very good team... do you accept the 4 firsts even though they'll likely be 20-30 overalls with slim chances to be as good as Kessel or Krejci?
Good point, especially in regard to the Eastern rivals. But just to specify though, I don't think the draft picks that come back are meant to create a replacement for Kessel or Krejci necessarily by using them.

My thought process is more based around the idea that Chiarelli has some major decisions to make in terms of the cap, and depending on what kind of a raise these two guys want/get, they could force him to trade away guys like Sturm, Kobasew, Ward, etc., and/or not resign TT or MF and hand the keys to Rask. I think the depth of this team has been it's major strength this year, and I'd hate to see two monster contracts to these guys (no matter how good they are) hamstring their ability to roll 3 or 4 lines. I'm not opposed to them getting paid, but if someone swoops in and offers one of them huge dough, I don't think it would be the worst thing to take the picks and use them (plus the cap space) as trade bait for a replacement.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 03:17 PM
LyndonByers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
With Bostons depth at center (Savard, Bergeron, Kessel, Krejci, Hamill, Marchand) and Krejici looking at a big raise for next season, would Boston entertain offers for him seeing how they also have to re-sign Kessel, Thomas.

Would they trade him for a top 3 dman that will help their playoff run and a winger prospect?
If the Bruins have to choose between Krejci & Kessel then good-bye Kessel. Krejci is a much better allround player who makes everyone around him better.

LyndonByers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
As for Staal, do you honestly think he was worth his 4 mill contract, or do you think Pittsburgh paid a bit for potential? If you leave it as simply saying "Well Staal only scored 28 points and he got 4 mill", are we then to believe the market value on every player who nets 28 points at the age of 21 is now 4 million plus bonuses? Please. Do you have any idea of how much trouble this league would be in if that were the case
Of course he got paid for potential. But Krejci is already proving himself an elite producer, and his age suggests he should have potential on top of that too.

Quote:
As for Wideman, last year he had just an impressive breakout season as David Krejci did this year, so yes I am comparing the two. Please tell me you're not using points to compare a defensemen to a forward? Wideman became a top pairing dman in Boston before signing his last contract (and age has nothing to do with it when talking forwards and defensemen) yet still signed for 4 when the cap was expected to continue to rise.
You brought up the comparables, not me. I was just trying to rate Wideman's stats at his position relative to Krejci's, and DK's ahead by a healthy margin.

Quote:
I do agree Kobasew may be a bit off because of age, and injury issues, which is why I mentioned it was only 2.3 mill even though he had a 20+ goal year (apparently he should be worth 4 or 5 mill if we're using Staal as a benchmark).
Again, youth plays a big part here. Kobasew's really not a good comparison in any way.

Quote:
Point being, other things factor into a salary then a players most recent year in the NHL. Yes Krejci is having a very very impressive breakout season, but to think because he did he automatically qualifies him to make more then a guy like Marc Savard is silly.
The circumstances have changed a little since Marc Savard signed his deal in 2006.

Quote:
Chia, unlike many other GM's (allo Shero) has not been stupid with salaries and there is no reason to think he will now.
Uh, what? All of Shero's long-terms are very good deals that other teams would line up to acquire if they went on the market.

Quote:
A salary as the one I suggested (with bonuses that could easily bring potential earning to over 5 but leave the cap hit at 4) is more then feasible, and very realisitic.
Except that Krejci can't have performance bonuses on his next contract. It's not allowed by the CBA, for the very reason you want it to happen (circumvent the cap).

Quote:
Bookmark this thread, and we'll revisit when he resigns.
Yep.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote