HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Karma sucks don't it ?

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2009, 07:16 AM
HotHabsFan*

vCash: 500
Karma sucks don't it ?

Do you all remember the night in Ottawa when we lost to them and D Hasek came out after the game and said it was the easiest game he has ever played and how weak Montreal were. True we were weak at the moment. Being a diehard Habs fan i have never forgot what this arrogant mofo said that night. Karma, maybe but i will tell you it can't be happening to a more deserving team.

Old
02-04-2009, 07:18 AM
TheCH*

meh what he said was true.

Truth hurts..

Old
02-04-2009, 07:30 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
meh what he said was true.

Truth hurts..

Meh, nope, but look who sucks now ?

Old
02-04-2009, 07:44 AM
CPrice

Yes HE is so bad at the sport its insane, I mean look at this"

Quote:
From 1993 to 2001, he won six Vezina Trophies, and in 1998 he became the first goaltender to win consecutive Hart Trophies.[2] During the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano, Japan, he led the Czech national ice hockey team to its first and only Olympic gold medal. The feat made him a popular figure in his home country[3] and prompted hockey legend Wayne Gretzky to call him "the best player in the game."[4] While with the Red Wings in 2002, Hašek became the first European starting goaltender to win the Stanley Cup.[5] In the process, he set a record for shutouts in a postseason year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominik_Hašek

Old
02-04-2009, 07:45 AM
Judge Sauer*

I don't think this is a case of Karma.
If anything, Karma would work in a way to make Hasek suck beyond belief. Instead he retired on his own terms and will go into the Hall.

Old
02-04-2009, 07:54 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
If anything, Karma would work in a way to make Hasek suck beyond belief. Instead he retired on his own terms and will go into the Hall.
Agreed.

Old
02-04-2009, 07:57 AM
CPrice

Quote:
The guy was 43 when he retired, obviously he wouldn't be at the top of his game but I still dont think that takes anything away from him. Like you said, he retired on his own terms.

Old
02-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Belso

Well he's gone.. So it really doesn't matter. He only spoke for himself, not the whole team. What I find ironic is that Ottawa is playing as bad as their first season with this team..

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...000541993.html

Yet they have Spezza, Alfredsson and Heatley...

Old
02-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Frank Drebin

OP is talking about the Sens not Hasek

Old
02-04-2009, 08:19 AM
speed11

i thought he said that when he was playing for the Wings...

Old
02-04-2009, 08:27 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
thnx Frank, finally someone who can read !

Old
02-04-2009, 08:31 AM
skule123

I was at that game.

The rough part was knowing that the Senators organization was well-aware that part of the reason the Canadiens played so poorly was that they were wicked short on D, due in no small part to Komisarek's absence due to his mother's illness and the team giving him a few games to head home. (The D situation was further compounded with Markov being suspended, an attempted AHL recall picked off on waivers, and then Cote playing his first NHL game. Their D lineup for that night is very telling.)

But still you have Bryan Murray and Chris Phillips happily chirping to the Ottawa media about how they were making bets to keep the Habs' shots on net to under 10 on the night.

Living in Ottawa, I cheer Ottawa and Montreal, but was pretty embarassed by how ugly the Sens organization acted given the circumstances.

Old
02-04-2009, 08:35 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skule123 View Post
I was at that game.

The rough part was knowing that the Senators organization was well-aware that part of the reason the Canadiens played so poorly was that they were wicked short on D, due in no small part to Komisarek's absence due to his mother's illness and the team giving him a few games to head home. (The D situation was further compounded with Markov being suspended, an attempted AHL recall picked off on waivers, and then Cote playing what was his, what, first NHL game.)

But still you have Bryan Murray and Chris Phillips happily chirping to the Ottawa media about how they were making bets to keep the Habs' shots on net to under 10 on the night.

I cheer Ottawa and Montreal, but was pretty embarassed by how ugly the Sens organization acted, given the circumstances.
yep, you see above some had selective memories thinking it was only Hasek, but no it was the whole fn team, and Murray and Phillips can go **** themselves and deserve the crap they are getting now !

Old
02-04-2009, 08:39 AM
JaymzB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
Well he's gone.. So it really doesn't matter. He only spoke for himself, not the whole team. What I find ironic is that Ottawa is playing as bad as their first season with this team..

No they arenít. That team was horrid. The Sens this year are no where near as bad as that team.

Old
02-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Habsp*

Quote:

Well not exactly. He had to be booted out the door. He was one of those hangerons who should have retired 3 seasons earlier.

Old
02-04-2009, 09:25 AM
couz

I never understood the cockiness and swager the sens displayed over those 5 years they were a great regular season team but nothing more.

Win in the playoffs than act like big shots.

Old
02-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Don't understand the thread....comment was made by Hasek....don't recall every other Sens player agreeing or talking about it....now Sens are struggling...Hasek is not there anymore, but it's still Karma?

For the record, Hasek was incredibly right and I was embarassed myself by our team's performance that night.

Old
02-04-2009, 09:27 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by couz View Post
I never understood the cockiness and swager the sens displayed over those 5 years they were a great regular season team but nothing more.

Win in the playoffs than act like big shots.

thats exactly my point, and why i hate that team so much. they were so cocky but were not actually doing anything besides winning during the regular season.

Old
02-04-2009, 09:28 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Don't understand the thread....comment was made by Hasek....don't recall every other Sens player agreeing or talking about it....now Sens are struggling...Hasek is not there anymore, but it's still Karma?

For the record, Hasek was incredibly right and I was embarassed myself by our team's performance that night.
Murray and Phillips had a bet on the board for the over/under, what else do you need to know ?

Old
02-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post

But then, isn't the proof with TBay, Pens, Sens that you can't succeed in this new cap league if you have 2 or 3 big stars paid a lot of dough AND without a succesful scouting staff able to find you cheap players who can do the job to play the secondary roles?

Old
02-04-2009, 09:29 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
thnx Frank, finally someone who can read !
Still doesn't make it Karma.

The natural ups and downs of the fortune of teams is not Karma.

Or else this economic downturn we're hvaing is Karma for the years of good fortune we had pre-recession?...
Old age is karma for the years of young age we have?
Death is karma for life?

Old
02-04-2009, 09:33 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Still doesn't make it Karma.

The natural ups and downs of the fortune of teams is not Karma.

Or else this economic downturn we're hvaing is Karma for the years of good fortune we had pre-recession?...
Old age is karma for the years of young age we have?
Death is karma for life?
how dare you use logic in my illogical post ?

Old
02-04-2009, 09:34 AM
couz

If I remember correctly Gainey even came out shortly after that and said something to the effect that you gotta win in the playoffs to be considered great.

Old
02-04-2009, 09:35 AM
skule123

Unfortunately, the game story is really old so it's hard to find the media fallout. I remember the Habs locker room being unhappy, and proceeding to win the last two games against the Sens that year.

I also remember Gainey saying this, borrowed from a Habs blog (paraphrased):

"The most succinct comment came from coach Gainey's lips the next day, when he stated that the Senators toughest challenge is hardly a tenth place team in January, and that the measure of their worth would be tested once the playoffs began."

Old
02-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
I was at that game,made the trip with a buddy,was a really long night,but I remember Huet making some really nice saves especially 1 glove sove in the opening minutes.

Anyways the Senators suck,they always did and always will

Closed Thread