HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pittsburgh - Dallas

Old
02-03-2009, 05:17 PM
wej20

vCash: 500
if JBo hits FA then there is going to be a lot of competition.Also isn't this year meant to be weak for UFA defenseman.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
Benn is not going anywhere either!

You are regressing...that is even worse than the original proposal! Neal,Benn and Brunnstrom are not going to be moved. Dallas could offer up Sceviour.
Who the **** is Sceviour, and why would the Pens deal a proven young upper-tier offensive defenseman on a cheap contract for him?

Jesus, reject a proposal if you want, but that counter proposal's straight-up embarrassing.

Quote:
UFA's man UFA's
Short of the J-Bo dream sequence, why don't you list off all the fantastic offensive defensemen UFAs available this summer?

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Even if we don't sign Jay-Bo. This team has proven it can still wing without a puck-moving defense. It probably won't make it very far into the playoffs by we still have Vishnevskiy.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:38 PM
NJD8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner Tazer View Post
I have nothing against Whitney but I've never seen his defensive play.
Neither have people who've watched every game he's played.

NJD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 07:00 PM
nally

Wouldn't do it straight up for Whitney...terrible deal

nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoid Lloyd View Post
I didnt think the orignal offer was mailing it in.
Perhaps on HF, but in the real world of the NHL playoff contenders do not turn to acquiring rookies for their "postseason push".

That is simply fact.

This suggested deal is flawed for both parties.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Who the **** is Sceviour, and why would the Pens deal a proven young upper-tier offensive defenseman on a cheap contract for him?

Jesus, reject a proposal if you want, but that counter proposal's straight-up embarrassing.

Short of the J-Bo dream sequence, why don't you list off all the fantastic offensive defensemen UFAs available this summer?
Instead of attacking someone at least do a little research before you say anything.

Colton Sceviour
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=82964
http://whl.ca/stats/player.php?id=24302

3 Seasons in the WHL
120GP - 56 goals 67 Assists - 123 points

We don't need an offensive D man! We need a Top stay at home D man that has the ability to score when needed.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Avoid Lloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
Perhaps on HF, but in the real world of the NHL playoff contenders do not turn to acquiring rookies for their "postseason push".

That is simply fact.

This suggested deal is flawed for both parties.
Look I have Satan, Fedotenko and Matt Cooke on my 1st two lines how could they be?

Avoid Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 09:07 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Instead of attacking someone at least do a little research before you say anything.

Colton Sceviour
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=82964
http://whl.ca/stats/player.php?id=24302

3 Seasons in the WHL
120GP - 56 goals 67 Assists - 123 points

We don't need an offensive D man! We need a Top stay at home D man that has the ability to score when needed.
You won't get that by trading Colton Sceviour.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
I don't understand your immediate fix both Whitney and Goligoski would be long term top 4 d-men in Dallas. Don't you think you have a lot more wingers than defense in your system? I see it as both teams getting long term answers for what they are short in their system.
I ask you the same where will pittsburgh find Quality wingers ? if Im a GM I give them nothing without a massive overpay. Simply by having Crosby and Malkin any wing they get with Skill is going to do 20% better and improve the Penguins more than the other team so I'd demand to be paid a premium of That in order to make any deal. The Penguins arent as good as they should be because they have mediocre forwards. if they had even decent forwards they would be battling for the division.....

its in any GM's own best interests to keep Malkin and Crosby limited by their linemates. Pittsburgh would have to way way overpay in my mind.

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
You won't get that by trading Colton Sceviour.
I never said just for him but he is a prospect that has been putting up fantastic number over the last 2 years.

Old
02-03-2009, 11:46 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Look not looking to argue. Jay Bo is 7+ guy agree? Redden got that much. Hell look what Rosival got. I was just trying to put a offer out their that I thought would help both teams needs.

Would this be better

Pittsburgh -Neal + Brunnstrom

Dallas -Whitney + Goligoski + Dupuis

I think that is more than fair and I would expect Pens fans to say nope but we have D - prospects like Dallas has wingers in the system. That trade helps both teams long term and now.
Whoa, we're giving up Whitney AND Goligoski? It's one, not both. Giving up an established NHL'er like Whitney and then Dupuis + a 3rd 2009 (Tampa's) would be more than fine for Neal and Brunnstrom (Probably a pick from them as well). While Neal has promise and Brunnstrom has shown potential...neither are established.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:48 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Whoa, we're giving up Whitney AND Goligoski? It's one, not both. Giving up an established NHL'er like Whitney and then Dupuis + a 3rd 2009 (Tampa's) would be more than fine for Neal and Brunnstrom (Probably a pick from them as well). While Neal has promise and Brunnstrom has shown potential...neither are established.
It would not be fine from a Dallas standpoint!

Goligoski is established?

Old
02-03-2009, 11:58 PM
vcx*

Quote:
It would not be fine from a Dallas standpoint!

Goligoski is established?
Notice how I said Whitney was, not Goligoski? Goligoski shows promise and will be cheaper to keep. If Shero wants to upgrade the wing situation he will have to sacrifice something. What is the Dallas Stars situation? Zubov is super fragile lately and they don't have anyone besides Daley and I guess Robidas for a powerplay QB but who are we fooling? They aren't really in the same class as Whitney when it comes to moving the puck. Don't be fooled by the whiny brats in the fan base I am apart of that say Whitney sucks and should be gone. Whitney is on a long term deal, at a good price. The Stars need a replacement on D and if they think Vishnevskiy (sp?) is going to be the go to guy, they are in trouble.

The Stars have Benn and he's going to be ready to play next year, I would put money on that. Sometimes you gotta give to get and the Pens aren't exactly giving up crap either, Whitney is a guy that has put up a 39, 59 and 40+ pt season in his first 3 seasons. That is established, I think he would flourish in the West and in a structured system like Dallas has (more so than the Pens).

Pens need to keep one of them, not give up both Goli and Whits.

Old
02-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Caseman

Quote:
What is the Dallas Stars situation? Zubov is super fragile lately and they don't have anyone besides Daley and I guess Robidas for a powerplay QB but who are we fooling?
Richards is at the point. They don't have a quarterback in license, but have Ribeiro, Richards, and Modano moving the puck with ease. I don't think the Stars are as desperate for a quarterback as others make it out to seem.
Quote:
And the Stars aren't giving up Neal (future captain material), Brunnstrom (Jackson's pet experiment), Benn (future star material), or their 1st (which Jackson has stated they are most definitely going to keep). So thread over.

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Notice how I said Whitney was, not Goligoski? Goligoski shows promise and will be cheaper to keep. If Shero wants to upgrade the wing situation he will have to sacrifice something. What is the Dallas Stars situation? Zubov is super fragile lately and they don't have anyone besides Daley and I guess Robidas for a powerplay QB but who are we fooling? They aren't really in the same class as Whitney when it comes to moving the puck. Don't be fooled by the whiny brats in the fan base I am apart of that say Whitney sucks and should be gone. Whitney is on a long term deal, at a good price. The Stars need a replacement on D and if they think Vishnevskiy (sp?) is going to be the go to guy, they are in trouble.

The Stars have Benn and he's going to be ready to play next year, I would put money on that. Sometimes you gotta give to get and the Pens aren't exactly giving up crap either, Whitney is a guy that has put up a 39, 59 and 40+ pt season in his first 3 seasons. That is established, I think he would flourish in the West and in a structured system like Dallas has (more so than the Pens).

then you keep the mediocre wings you have.... no team should make a trade that benefits the other team more than its own. Giving pittsburgh the Skilled wings it needs will help the penguins more than the two defenders help the Stars... Valuewise pittsburgh may be overpaying but at the same time they improve more than the stars do so why should Dallas help the penguins more than the stars.

Old
02-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Avoid Lloyd

Quote:
That wasn't my original but I thought if I put Goligoski down they would jump on it but they didn't so that tells me that they just don't want to see Neal traded. I think my first offer was fair and the second was way more than fair.

Old
02-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Avoid Lloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
then you keep the mediocre wings you have no team should make a treade that benefits the other team more than its own. Giving pittsburgh the Skilled wings it needs will help the penguins more than the two defenders help the Stars valuewise pittsburgh may be overpaying but at the same time they improve more than the stars do
The Stars are in the west not the east. They worry about their team not Pittsburgh they could care less how good Pittsburgh is if a trade makes them better.

Old
02-04-2009, 12:11 AM
vcx*

Quote:
then you keep the mediocre wings you have.... no team should make a trade that benefits the other team more than its own. Giving pittsburgh the Skilled wings it needs will help the penguins more than the two defenders help the Stars... Valuewise pittsburgh may be overpaying but at the same time they improve more than the stars do so why should Dallas help the penguins more than the stars.
Uh yeah, because the Stars wouldn't be getting a future anchor on the power play right? Sure Dupuis isn't all that young but the Pens are the ones moving an established winger for two guys that are playing in the NHL for the first time.

Armstrong was at a point per game his call-up, he had "potential" then as well, what am I trying to prove by this? That 1 season is hard to determine whether a guy is going to be good for a long time or not. At least Whits has 3yrs on his resume that proves he can be solid powerplay qb. Especially now that his foot has healed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Richards is at the point. They don't have a quarterback in license, but have Ribeiro, Richards, and Modano moving the puck with ease. I don't think the Stars are as desperate for a quarterback as others make it out to seem.

And the Stars aren't giving up Neal (future captain material), Brunnstrom (Jackson's pet experiment), Benn (future star material), or their 1st (which Jackson has stated they are most definitely going to keep). So thread over.
Modano won't be playing for that long, his contract is up when? No one said Dallas' first, well if they did it wasn't me now was it. As for Neal, future captain? When? when he's in his late 20's when Morrow is done?

Old
02-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
We have mediocre wings?!... YOU have mediocre wings.

And why the heck would we give up prospects to make YOUR team better than ours? The Stars are not overpaying for anyone! We CAN WIN without a puck-moving defensemen. Can the Pens win without a legit winger? It sure doesn't look like it.

Old
02-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
The Stars are in the west not the east. They worry about their team not Pittsburgh they could care less how good Pittsburgh is if a trade makes them better.
they still have to get past them to win the cup. I'm saying no GM should help a team that has both Malkin and Crosby without getting a massive overpay. Why deliberately kick pittsburgh up to the next level without being adequately compensated

Old
02-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Avoid Lloyd

Quote:

And why the heck would we give up prospects to make YOUR team better than ours? The Stars are not overpaying for anyone! We CAN WIN without a puck-moving defensemen. Can the Pens win without a legit winger? It sure doesn't look like it.
He's talking about the Pens wings

Old
02-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:

read my friend the penguins have mediocre wings not the stars. you totally misunderstood the post

Old
02-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Avoid Lloyd

Quote:
they still have to get past them to win the cup. I'm saying no GM should help a team that has both Malkin and Crosby without getting a massive overpay. Why deliberately kick pittsburgh up to the next level without being adequately compensated
Yea but it's so hard to get to the finals that any team in other conference isn't thinking the way you are because they are worried about improving not 6 games against.

Old
02-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
He's talking about the Pens wings
I'm so confused on who he's talking about.