HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade for Crosby

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2009, 01:00 PM
  #1
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,368
vCash: 500
Trade for Crosby

Bear in mind that I know this is completely unrealistic, would not happen in a thousand years so no need to flame...

With the pens not being very good and crosby unachieving what would pens fans think of this deal...

Staal, Zherdev, Roszival or Gomez as a salary balancer...

for Crosby

Im not sure some Rangers fans would do this as neither would some pittsburgh fans...just curious though what the consensus is and what others would add...

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:03 PM
  #2
Missionhockey
Registered User
 
Missionhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,314
vCash: 500
Prepare to get laughed at...

Missionhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:03 PM
  #3
vcx*
 
vcx*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Penguins Fan
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
Bear in mind that I know this is completely unrealistic, would not happen in a thousand years so no need to flame...

With the pens not being very good and crosby unachieving what would pens fans think of this deal...

Staal, Zherdev, Roszival or Gomez as a salary balancer...

for Crosby

Im not sure some Rangers fans would do this as neither would some pittsburgh fans...just curious though what the consensus is and what others would add...
Yeah, we Pens fan's wouldn't be for this at all, not even a bit. Forget "some" Pittsburgh fans, it's all of us that would say hell no to this. I like Zherdev but if the Pens want him, it won't be at the expensve of Crosby or Malkin.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:03 PM
  #4
Hulk Hogan*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,901
vCash: 500
That deal is just awful.

Leafs perspective: Schenn, Kaberle, Tlusty, Stajan, Antropov 1st round pick 2009.

Just playing fun here, this would NEVER happen.

Hulk Hogan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:05 PM
  #5
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,595
vCash: 500
You're not sure some ranger fans would do it? You can't be serious.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:06 PM
  #6
Canadiensfan1909
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 208
vCash: 500
Dude it would take the entire nyr roster and 1st round pick for next ten years to land him and he's a franchise player u want sum one get Jordan stall u could get him for gomez and a 2nd or a 1st

Canadiensfan1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:07 PM
  #7
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,438
vCash: 500
In NHL 2k9, the Devils got Crosby for Brodeur and White.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:08 PM
  #8
Vujtek
Registered User
 
Vujtek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiensfan1909 View Post
u want sum one get Jordan stall u could get him for gomez and a 2nd or a 1st
Yes, because Pittsburgh absolutely would love to have a third line C making over 7 million.

Vujtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:09 PM
  #9
Canadiensfan1909
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 208
vCash: 500
The Montreal prospective
To Montreal- crosby, Whitney
To pittsborugh- koivu, kovalev, s.kostitsyn, mcdonaugh, 1st09, 1st 10, 1st 11, 2nd09, 3rd 10

Canadiensfan1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:12 PM
  #10
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,368
vCash: 500
well i figured from a Rangers perspective...your giving up
a 23 year old 1st line forward with potential to be an elite forward
a 21 yr old future franchise defenseman
Gomez who is a first line forward...
so maybe throw in a 2009 first...

Pittsburgh would be much deeper with the deal and they'd still have Malkin...
i don't think it is as much of a rip off as painted out to be...i mean clearly crosby and malkin aren't harpooning pitts to a contender by themselves.

Personally if I was in pittsburgh position, one of those players would be gone already for 2 top end wingers and some depth which they lack...
Two franchise centres aren't needed.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:13 PM
  #11
vcx*
 
vcx*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Penguins Fan
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiensfan1909 View Post
The Montreal prospective
To Montreal- crosby, Whitney
To pittsborugh- koivu, kovalev, s.kostitsyn, mcdonaugh, 1st09, 1st 10, 1st 11, 2nd09, 3rd 10
Not even close. It would take the better Kostitsyn first off, Kovalev and Koivu wouldn't be involved based on their age and contract status and yeah...way off. That's actually worse than the Rangers offer posted.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:15 PM
  #12
vcx*
 
vcx*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Penguins Fan
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
well i figured from a Rangers perspective...your giving up
a 23 year old 1st line forward with potential to be an elite forward
a 21 yr old future franchise defenseman
Gomez who is a first line forward...
so maybe throw in a 2009 first...

Pittsburgh would be much deeper with the deal and they'd still have Malkin...
i don't think it is as much of a rip off as painted out to be...i mean clearly crosby and malkin aren't harpooning pitts to a contender by themselves.

Personally if I was in pittsburgh position, one of those players would be gone already for 1-2 top end wingers...
Two franchise centres aren't needed.
Try watching a few games. It's a lot to do with injury issues this season and brutal coaching, Crosby and Malkin are still trying to do all they can but if the guys around them aren't the right ones that Shero should have put around them, then what can you do? You can't make offensively inept players into the next Rob Brown anymore, Dupuis and Satan...yeah.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:15 PM
  #13
kingfisher
 
kingfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Grassy Fields, World
Country: India
Posts: 1,664
vCash: 500
still dont understand why people think crosby is "unachieving"

i guess this "isn't the year"

kingfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:16 PM
  #14
PACaptain
Registered User
 
PACaptain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Road to the Repeat
Country: United States
Posts: 6,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
In NHL 2k9, the Devils got Crosby for Brodeur and White.
I think they still need to work on that games AI for GM's.

PACaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:17 PM
  #15
Washington Capitals
Registered User
 
Washington Capitals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
In NHL 2k9, the Devils got Crosby for Brodeur and White.
rofl

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:19 PM
  #16
rye&ginger
Registered User
 
rye&ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,157
vCash: 500
I just traded for Crosby and gave up Hossa and Kopitar in one year fantasy league. Crosby is an elite centre, worth more than an elite any other position.

rye&ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:20 PM
  #17
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,242
vCash: 500
Have you checked the points race in the NHL. If that's underacheiving...I'd hate to see what is over.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:22 PM
  #18
Judge Sauer*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nunavut
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,989
vCash: 500
Price, Komo & 1st

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:24 PM
  #19
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Try watching a few games. It's a lot to do with injury issues this season and brutal coaching, Crosby and Malkin are still trying to do all they can but if the guys around them aren't the right ones that Shero should have put around them, then what can you do? You can't make offensively inept players into the next Rob Brown anymore, Dupuis and Satan...yeah.
thats the point and no other Gm should deal them to Shero either until one of Malkin or Crosby is moved. It would make the penguins that much better. from the standpoint of team performance alone the proposed Ranger deal would improve the penguins overall team performance and lift them into the class of the division

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:27 PM
  #20
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas
 
Jag68Sid87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 29,830
vCash: 500
So, the threads are getting more realistic I see.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:34 PM
  #21
Talentless Practise*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
Why bother making a proposal thread if you start it with: "I know this will NEVER happen..."? Seriously.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:37 PM
  #22
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkers View Post
Why bother making a proposal thread if you start it with: "I know this will NEVER happen..."? Seriously.
im sure the % of suggested proposals that actually go thru are less than 1%, so its not like im hurting the ratio...
It is true that crosby could probably garner more than I offered in the initial proposal, but in terms of the pens future, it would likely improve it, not hinder it.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:39 PM
  #23
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 44,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
... but in terms of the pens future, it would likely improve it, not hinder it.
no.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:40 PM
  #24
vcx*
 
vcx*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Penguins Fan
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,783
vCash: 500
THe team made the SCF last year with Crosby and Malkin and the team was fighting for 1st without Fleury and Crosby for a few months as well. 1 year they have injury issues and Therrien's lost the handle does not mean the team needs to dump Sid for a huge package deal.

Bad idea, no way it ever happens until Sid is in his final year and says he won't return and wants to test the market.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 01:40 PM
  #25
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal
 
SCUDeriMISSILE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
im sure the % of suggested proposals that actually go thru are less than 1%, so its not like im hurting the ratio...
It is true that crosby could probably garner more than I offered in the initial proposal, but in terms of the pens future, it would likely improve it, not hinder it.
How would it improve it? What happens when Marc Staal and Zherdev are re-upped in the next 1-2 years? Then there's Gomez's albatross of a contract.

That looks like around 18 million for 3 players, none of which can even hold a candle to Crosby. It hurts the Pens future more than anything.

SCUDeriMISSILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.