HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs fans @ Vancouver, Feb15.

Old
02-04-2009, 10:05 PM
MistaWa16

vCash: 500
I read the boards everyday and decided it was time to start posting

Im going to be there for sure, box 426 if i remember correctly

GO HABS GO..wear some red!!!!!!

Last edited by MistaWa16: 02-04-2009 at 10:11 PM.
MistaWa16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Man, I wish I was able to get tickets. ****ing refreshed the ticketmaster page too many times and got ****ed over.
lol, I remember that day. I had a chance to get a single ticket in the lower bowl but I passed up on it... there's gotta be at least a pair in order to get some fun out of it.

I just bought a pair of nosebleeds though. If you want to rip me off, show me habs tix.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:23 PM
buddahsmoka1

Yeah, I was pretty choked about it. I can't justify paying that much to go to a hockey game. Rather just watch it from my comfy confides at home. Hopefully they play good though, GM Place hasn't been too kind to them in the recent past. I still remember the first and last time I went to a Habs-Canucks game. The first time I was about 12 years old and it was when the Canucks just got Sean Burke(Moog was Montreal's goalie at the time) and he was on fire and the fans all thought he was the second coming of christ. So anyways, Vancouver is up 2-0 after the first and Montreal is just tooling them but Burke is standing on his head. Anyways, Montreal comes out of the gate in the second and just creams them the whole period, ended up scoring 4 goals and went on to win 4-2, what a 1st NHL game to go to. The last time I went I think I was around 14 or 15 and I think the final score was 3-2? I remember both teams stunk it up, Vancouver somehow got a 3-0 and they didn't even hit the ****ing net. Regardless, it was still a good time. I love it because whenever the habs come to town, 50% of GM place is always habs fans....although that has changed because of the amount of season ticket owners now. I remember the first time I went there was atleast 60% habs fans and I stood up during the game, turned around, and started a mad GO HABS GO chant that eventually took over the whole arena. I had some balls back then.

buddahsmoka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Adam91

Anything but last game

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
Anything but last game
Yea that must have been brutal to witness. And I've seen the Habs win a grand total of 1 game out of the 10 I've been to, so I know the feeling. But that last game in Vancouver? **** that thing was over after like 45 seconds. I feel bad for anyone who paid to see that.

We need some redemption this year.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizur View Post
I get to go as well, my first habs-nucks game (all my family are nucks fans....lived in the west all my life....)

We've lost the past two times by 4-1? was it? Cant remember, I just remember dissapointment...

But heres hoping for a big W!
didn't superstar Jan Bulis score 2 goals against the Habs that game?

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:00 PM
nerdman60

I can't afford the tickets to this game unfortunately...the cheapest I found on craigslist is $175 each upper bowl.

a little off topic, but does anyone know if the game on RDS will be blacked out in Vancouver? since the game is only on payperview here.

nerdman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdman60 View Post
I can't afford the tickets to this game unfortunately...the cheapest I found on craigslist is $175 each upper bowl.

a little off topic, but does anyone know if the game on RDS will be blacked out in Vancouver? since the game is only on payperview here.
Almost guaranteed it will be blacked out in Van.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Max et Guillaume

WOOHOO just got my tickets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Almost guaranteed it will be blacked out in Van.
What? RDS is a national provider, I didn't know a private company like the Canucks would have power to force Shaw not to distribute the game... Wow that is the biggest BS ever if it's true...

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-05-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:10 PM
nerdman60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road for the 25th View Post
What? RDS is a national provider, I didn't know a private company like the Canucks would have power to force Shaw not to distribute the game... Wow that is the biggest BS ever if it's true...
I hope you're right my friend, I can't go to the game and was hoping I can atleast watch it on RDS like all the other habs games.

nerdman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Max et Guillaume

Well good news, I just checked on the Canucks website, and it says the game is televised on RDS under "National" and PPV under local. This is the only game that has both a national and PPV channel showing it. Maybe since RDS is a National but 99% of it is in Qc, they decided to do it anyways. I doubt it will be blocked...

Old
02-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Quote:
Wow. How much do you think I could get for my tickets? 7th row behind the net, angled?

Tatay Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Spectaculard
Trout125HR363RBI442R

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Holy crap we have alot of Van Hab fans here.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 08:53 PM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
I hope you're right my friend, I can't go to the game and was hoping I can atleast watch it on RDS like all the other habs games.
He is right, you can watch it on RDS, there is no way it can be blacked out.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-05-2009 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Deleted quoted post and response.
buddahsmoka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 12:12 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatay Farlo View Post
Wow. How much do you think I could get for my tickets? 7th row behind the net, angled?
600 for the pair

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:19 AM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Yeah, I was pretty choked about it. I can't justify paying that much to go to a hockey game. Rather just watch it from my comfy confides at home. Hopefully they play good though, GM Place hasn't been too kind to them in the recent past. I still remember the first and last time I went to a Habs-Canucks game. The first time I was about 12 years old and it was when the Canucks just got Sean Burke(Moog was Montreal's goalie at the time) and he was on fire and the fans all thought he was the second coming of christ. So anyways, Vancouver is up 2-0 after the first and Montreal is just tooling them but Burke is standing on his head. Anyways, Montreal comes out of the gate in the second and just creams them the whole period, ended up scoring 4 goals and went on to win 4-2, what a 1st NHL game to go to. The last time I went I think I was around 14 or 15 and I think the final score was 3-2? I remember both teams stunk it up, Vancouver somehow got a 3-0 and they didn't even hit the ****ing net. Regardless, it was still a good time. I love it because whenever the habs come to town, 50% of GM place is always habs fans....although that has changed because of the amount of season ticket owners now. I remember the first time I went there was atleast 60% habs fans and I stood up during the game, turned around, and started a mad GO HABS GO chant that eventually took over the whole arena. I had some balls back then.
That was also the first and only Hab game that I went to. The Canucks got Sanderson, Burke, and Ciccone for that game. I was pissed because the Habs were down 2-0. When they scored those 4 goals, I think two were by Recchi, I was elated. I was also 12 years old (weird). Wow, I am even writing like a 12 year old; nostalgia can do some screwed up things to ya. Ever since then, things have not been too good for us, especially that 6-0 drubbing after 12 minutes a few years ago.

As for the game this year, TOO MUCH MONEY .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Holy crap we have alot of Van Hab fans here.
We are the Sicilians of the NHL . There is a joke we Sicilians have. It goes something like this: If we go to Mars, we would discover that a Sicilian was already there fixing a pair of shoes.

My love for the Habs started back in 90. Got a shirt from a cousin and the rest, as they say, is history. You would be surprised the number of tuques and caps that I see on a daily basis. I even saw a car with Habs logo on it in a parking lot.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-06-2009 at 08:47 AM.
bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

I'm going to be in Vancouver on the day of this game, and would love to buy a single ticket if anyone has it. I'm in Ontario at the moment, and left my Habs jersey at home in Edmonton though

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
I even saw a car with Habs logo on it in a parking lot.
What kind of car? It was probably mine White Infiniti, Habs decal on the window!

Old
02-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
600 for the pair
Craigslist?

Tatay Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 05:50 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road for the 25th View Post
What kind of car? It was probably mine White Infiniti, Habs decal on the window!
No. It was a station wagon with a the Habs colours, red, blue, and red alternating on the side with a Habs logo on the passagner and driver side doors. It also had a Habs logo on the hood as well.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Adam91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
600 for the pair
He could get way more then that, I'd say probably 1000 for the pair.

Old
02-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Adam91

Bump. Habs please keep it within two

Old
02-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
He could get way more then that, I'd say probably 1000 for the pair.
lol no.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Alexei Yashvalev

I'm a LITTLE bit worried for this game but I'll be there behind the Vancouver bench wearing red.

Halak come through for me now

Alexei Yashvalev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 03:59 PM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
You are a great contributor compared to me
Quantity is not quality...

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote