HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Phil

Old
02-04-2009, 02:40 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Not a bad idea. I doubt Philly would bite though. I'd rather not take on Biron. If Philly wanted they could flip him some where else if they wanted to.
why wouldnt you want Biron? Answer me this.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 03:49 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck14 View Post
The way Toskala is playing, we're stuck with him.

However, JVR + a 1st is a fair offer if they want Kaberle.
that's the crux of the matter; the flyers don't want kaberle.

LEIFey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:00 PM
GeneralSwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
That's fine then. I was just trying to state his value. Some people seem to think you will get an all star defensemen for a late 1st round pick.

GeneralSwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:01 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
That's fine then. I was just trying to state his value. Some people seem to think you will get an all star defensemen for a late 1st round pick.
But you get one for a 1st rounder and a Top 5 prospect in the world?

F that.

BrindamoursNose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 09:58 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
Quote:
Quote:
i dont know i would have to think long and hard about an offer of cujo and kaberle for biron and jvr. toronto would get a headstart on resigning an upgrade in goal and a big name rookie for next year to start thier rebuild around. flyers get a nice upgrade on defense and a vetran playoff proven backup to help ride the team as far as nitty can take em. its a ballsy move and completely unrealistic but its fun to think about

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:15 PM
turkinaa

JVR will never be moved to the Leafs for anything they can offer. If anyone, Flyers fan or not, feels that trading JVR at this time would be a good idea (unless it gives the Flyers the Cup for several years in a row), you need to understand this one simple thing: you're wrong.

1) JVR will not be moved before he even has a chance to play at the pro level.
2) The Philly 1st will not be moved without getting something good in return because the draft is DEEP as anything and even a late pick will turn out to be amazingly better than being used as a throw in for a trade. Not saying the pick will be a Crosby, but the draft is very good and you will get someone of decent value/ability.
3) Moving Biron for another goalie of close value (price and quality) doesn't make much sense. Not saying Toskala isn't good, just not what the Flyers are looking for (especially at an increased salary).
4) Including another prospect, good or not, doesn't make any sense in a cap world without getting a prospect back.
5) Kaberle is not in the Flyers plan for anything. Numerous times there have been reply after reply that the Flyers need a different type of Dman. Doesn't mean he sucks, he just isn't what the Flyers need. We also don't want him because it's clear he doesn't want to be here.
6) Kaberle will NEVER return as much as the rumors had him being priced as last season (Carter + 1st). Get over it. You're not getting an offer like that again, at least from the Flyers. JVR and a 1st is OVERPAYMENT.
7) Lupul's contract for NEXT SEASON sucks, but that doesn't mean we're going to trade him for nothing right now. He has been an extremely productive player this season and using him as a balance for the cap doesn't make any sense.
8) Capwise: Flyers (JVR = $0, Pick = $0, Prospect = $?, Lupul = $2.31ish M, Biron = $3.5 M for a total of $5.81 M) and Leafs (Toskala = $4 M, Kaberle = $4.25 M for a total of $8.25 M) --- So tell me how it makes any sense capwise? I understand the numbers will be different because we're in the middle of the season, but if anyone thinks that the Flyers save money are wrong unless you're saying they'll break even Lupul goes up to $4.25 M and raises the total to $7.75 M - of course by then Biron and Kaberle need raises).
9) Changing the Leaf goalie won't solve anything, it still won't be the upgrade needed in net for a price that is too high to pay.

There is not a single reason why the Flyers would do this trade unless they want to not improve the team and make sure the future sucks as well. Sorry Leaf fans, you're not going to get anything from the Flyers and it might be time to look toward trying to sucker another team.

Last edited by turkinaa: 02-04-2009 at 10:21 PM.
turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 11:22 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
i dont know i would have to think long and hard about an offer of cujo and kaberle for biron and jvr. toronto would get a headstart on resigning an upgrade in goal and a big name rookie for next year to start thier rebuild around. flyers get a nice upgrade on defense and a vetran playoff proven backup to help ride the team as far as nitty can take em. its a ballsy move and completely unrealistic but its fun to think about
i like kaberle, but he's superfluous on our unit. with timonen, carle, coburn, sbisa, we're already packed to the gills with puckmovers. we need defensive players, and kaberle doesn't fit that bill. if we're going to add another significant contract (kaberle has a great contract, but it still isn't a drop in the bucket), it should be to fill a position that's empty, not pad one that's stacked.

as far as cujo is concerned, i think he's close to done.

Old
02-04-2009, 11:49 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
So we trade a goaltender who helped lead us to the Conference Finals and one of the top prospects in the world for a washed up goalie and a defenseman who doesn't fit the profile of what we need?

Its not a ballsy move, its a bad move, and it hurts my head to even think about it.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 12:08 AM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post

F that.
Where do you get top 5 from?

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 12:08 AM
captainpaxil

Quote:
i like kaberle, but he's superfluous on our unit. with timonen, carle, coburn, sbisa, we're already packed to the gills with puckmovers. we need defensive players, and kaberle doesn't fit that bill. if we're going to add another significant contract (kaberle has a great contract, but it still isn't a drop in the bucket), it should be to fill a position that's empty, not pad one that's stacked.

as far as cujo is concerned, i think he's close to done.
im not gonna sell the pitch that hes an allstar defeneman etc but hed be an improvement over carle on the second pp unit and would give us one of the best 1 2 d pairings in the league. and we do this without taking a skater off the roster. the downdgrade in goal is really just for cap purposes and your hoping cujo has one more run left in him if things get messy. hes been there before and handle the pressure but would hopefully just be calming veteran presence to eas the pressure on nitty. marty did a great job for us last year but i dont know that nitty couldnt do as well or go further especially with a better team in front of him. its the same risk we took last year in going with a guy with no playoff experience. and so far this year hes arguably played better then biron. now im not saying im uncomfortable going with marty into the playoffs but this could really help us while not hurting our chances this year. a consistent 50 pt player at 30 with a nice deal for 2 more years isnt a bad player to mortgage the future on and given that is just the one prospect its more like a home refinance.

Old
02-05-2009, 12:10 AM
ELab2

HE DOES NOT FIT THE FLYERS NEEDS. You don't just go trade for someone cause they are a good player. If you don't need someone with their specific skill set you're not going to trade for them, it makes ZERO sense.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 12:15 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
HE DOES NOT FIT THE FLYERS NEEDS. You don't just go trade for someone cause they are a good player. If you don't need someone with their specific skill set you're not going to trade for them, it makes ZERO sense.
Right? No matter how many times this gets stated, people just don't seem to get it. Everyone wants to build some fantasy hockey team with the best players we can get our hands on, regardless of whether they fit a need or not. It just doesn't work in the really real world.

Old
02-05-2009, 12:16 AM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
unless his names mike comrie

Old
02-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh Pit View Post
Maybe he got it here?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/hockey_top_50_prospects/

Old
02-05-2009, 02:55 AM
C-A-P-S

Hey look its another ridiculous TO proposal. Why would Philly send its organization's No.1 prospect and a #1 for Kaberle.

I know he is a gifted defenseman but the team's No. 1 prospect. No way this happens.

He's worth a first and a decent prospect, but not philly's crown jewel.

Stud's like a JVR would only be moved if he's a part of some package for a premier player in this league...like for example if a Nash or Vinny was being moved. Then an asking price for an organization's best prospect comes into play.

C-A-P-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 03:53 AM
D3ADLY

for all the ppl wanting kaberle traded..plzz stop.. he is a leaf and for good... i can c him sign another 3 year deal b4 next year deadline at a discount rate.. he's here until burke is here.. i would only trade him if he brings back A-Prospect and high picks nd if no one wants to giv that than im happy with him being a leaf.. also put a C on his jersey next season and bring in Jay Bo

D3ADLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:21 AM
GeneralSwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post

F that.
A late first round pick and a top prospect? Yes. We're not taking about a top 10 draft pick.

GeneralSwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 08:33 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Of the players currently drafted and not in the NHL, he's in the Top 5

Old
02-05-2009, 08:34 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
A late first round pick and a top prospect? Yes. We're not taking about a top 10 draft pick.
In a draft as deep as this one, that's a big F no to Kaberle.

Old
02-05-2009, 09:33 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
The only way I'd want Biron would be to use him as a trading chip. Not a fan of his game. Never have been.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 11:52 AM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
Ah yes. The outdated list. Nice.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 12:38 PM
turkinaa

Just let this horrible deal idea die already. It isn't going to happen no matter what changes you made on either end unless (1) it doesn't include JVR and (2) the Flyers get a the type of Dman they need.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
What's your point? I showed you where he may have gotten the idea that JVR was top-5. And I mean really, are you trying to argue that he isn't one the top prospects in the world?

Old
02-05-2009, 01:10 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:
he'd probably be rated higher now, since a lot of those players have graduated to the NHL. if we're talking straight prospects that haven't played in the NHL yet, JvR is one of the best. for once, the flyers don't have to rush a prospect along the development curve, and that's great news for the team.

Old
02-05-2009, 02:00 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
yeah its outdated. that would make jvr the best prospect in the world not in the nhl. at the very least come summer hell still be tops at his position lw