HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komisarek Contract

Old
02-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
http://www.behindthenet.ca/2008/basi...team=MTL&pos=D

That's true. Markov is a heck of a player, and an absolute steal at his salary.

Gainey
Hmmm... I know OB is worse on the team (but playing better than he did), but Bouillon has to go. He's not reliable anymore.

He's got the worst GF60M/GA60M on the whole team (besides OB who doesn't even have 80 games of NHL experience).

Also, seeing OB has the worst differential and was paired up to Hammer for the majority of his play time, we can see how good Hammer is, being only -0,15 (differential), while OB is -0,89. Komi is +0,21 playing with Markov who is +0,32. Breezy and Gorgeous are both even, who would've thunk.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
would this even be a stretch?

Those of you who believe that he is the next captain and wouldnt dare leave are fools. He will be in the prime of his career and will be going into free agency on jul 1.
Someone will pony up close to 6 or over 6 mil a year for him. If guys like Finger and Commodore got HUGE contracts for their less than stellar seasons and careers, imagine what komi will pick up if he goes to july 1st.
And his agent knows it. The fact that Gainey didnt offer an extension to whom everyone believes is the next captain is proof that either Gainey is planning on going in a whole new direction or his head is in the sand. Gainey has made a huge mistake waiting so long to re-sign him. He will either lose him for nothing or will have to shell up a huge overpayment to keep him here.

And if we dont re-sign Komi it will leave a huge void on D and in the lockeroom. And just to be clear, the replacement likely will not come from FA because as well all know by now nobody is knocking down doors to come play here.

its funny how some of you are saying let him walk, as if we have his replacement waiting in the wings.

I forget how many prime d-men we have at 6`5 and 240 pounds who can get physical with the best of them and be a leader on the ice.

When we are desperately searching for grit, we would let one of the few who shows character walk.

This is not Kmoi or his agents doing, they are doing what is best for him. This is clearly gainey`s doing for his ridiculous negotiation tactics and failure to identify the core of the team.
Settle down, there's nothing to this report and I doubt the OP even heard it.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 01:31 PM
kernkraft

Komisarek is not that good. Had a terrific season last year. Not so much this year. Cannot and will never produce offensively (his shot from the point ALWAYS hits the shin pads of the guy in front of him, always). He's a defensive defenseman, list me those who make 5-6m and don't produce offensively.

Cannot sign him here for more than 4m$.

D-Men in the 5,6,7m range:
  • Niedermayer, Scott 6.750 (last year)
  • Pronger, Chris 6.250
  • Schneider, Mathieu 5.625 (last year)
  • Chara, Zdeno 7.500
  • Phaneuf, Dion 6.500
  • Campbell, Brian 7.140
  • Zubov, Sergei 5.350 (last year)
  • Lidstrom, Nicklas 7.450
  • Rafalski, Brian 6.000
  • Visnovsky, Lubomir 5.600
  • Souray, Sheldon 5.400
  • McCabe, Bryan 5.750
  • Redden, Wade 6.500 (terrible signing)
  • Roszival, Michal 5.000 (terrible signing)
  • Timmonen, Kimmo 6.333
  • Gonchar, Sergei 5.000
  • Boyle, Dan 6.667
  • Blake, Rob 5.000 (last year)
  • Green, Mike 5.250
  • Markov, Andrei 5.750
  • Hamrlik, Roman 5.500
  • Kubina, Pavel 5.000

Last edited by kernkraft: 02-04-2009 at 01:45 PM.
kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 01:35 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post

Good one!!! Komisarek isn't worth a penny more that $5 million a season....and even that is an overpayment. Yes he is a great defencemen, he blocks shots, hits and plays a tough game and overall, he is a good, valuable player for the Habs, but if he isn't going to score at least 40 points a season, then he definitely isn't worth $20 million for the next 3 years.

I'd give him a 3 year/$12 million dollar deal and thats the most I'd give him. He's worth 4 million a year and thats it. If he starts scoring and putting up points, then I might consider giving him more....but until then, its too much money to waste on a player who doesn't score.
I agree.

Same money as Orpik, Commodore and Regehr

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 01:42 PM
DaHabMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Who is Mike Komisarek's agent?
its a guy named matt kader...listening to pierre mcguire he says that this guy will always go for the big money and is not afraid of forcing his client to change teams, basically he doesnt care what komisarek means to the habs, he just wants to get paid. His clients include blake wheeler, handzus, nagy, higgins and other that i dont know of.

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 01:44 PM
DaHabMan

he should make exactly what robyn regehr makes. I consider regehr the best at his position (def. defenseman) and komisarek a close second.

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Hmmm... I know OB is worse on the team (but playing better than he did), but Bouillon has to go. He's not reliable anymore.

He's got the worst GF60M/GA60M on the whole team (besides OB who doesn't even have 80 games of NHL experience).

Also, seeing OB has the worst differential and was paired up to Hammer for the majority of his play time, we can see how good Hammer is, being only -0,15 (differential), while OB is -0,89. Komi is +0,21 playing with Markov who is +0,32. Breezy and Gorgeous are both even, who would've thunk.
Bouillon(Gorges too) is fine as a #5 or 6. He's as good or better than what anybody else has. He plays a simple game, plays physical and rarely makes mistakes. Gorges is a bit better with the puck but less physical.

O'byrne looks transformed since his recall, he's more confident with the puck, has made numerous good pinches and he's thrown some thunderous hits.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Bouillon(Gorges too) is fine as a #5 or 6. He's as good or better than what anybody else has. He plays a simple game, plays physical and rarely makes mistakes. Gorges is a bit better with the puck but less physical.

O'byrne looks transformed since his recall, he's more confident with the puck, has made numerous good pinches and he's thrown some thunderous hits.
Dude, I love Bouillon, always had, but this season, he has made a boatload of mistakes that cost us goals. We can and will replace him for a cheaper alternative who could become better than he is.

Old
02-04-2009, 02:08 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Dude, I love Bouillon, always had, but this season, he has made a boatload of mistakes that cost us goals. We can and will replace him for a cheaper alternative who could become better than he is.
Who do you have in mind?

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 02:12 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
This is really high, so I put it under the BS category. Let's look at some comparable salaries based on age, blocked shots, hits and points. Not all these guys are exact Komi type players but they are somewhat in the same mould:

Orpik 3.75M/yr
Phillips 3.5M/yr
Brewer 4.25M/yr
Matt Green 2.95M/yr
Commodore 3.75M/yr
Volchenkov 2.5M/yr

That is an average of about 3.5M/yr. Now lets put his leadership and what he means to the team and you may tack on about 1M. Which puts him at about 4.5M/yr. Now the only question is what would someone offer him on the open market? But 6.66M/yr is much too high. If it is true, then it is simply negotiating 101. Start really high to decrease the Habs expectations as to what they can sign him at, ultimately settling at a higher number than the Habs were originally going give.

I hope for 4 yrs/18M...
nice post. +1

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
Who do you have in mind?
Emelin, Valentenko.... Maybe put Gorgeous on the left side and have Subban or Weber with him.... Maybe someone on the market who is bigger and more reliable than Bouillon.... the possibilities are big.

Old
02-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
Settle down, there's nothing to this report and I doubt the OP even heard it.
Even if the report is false, do you think he wont hit between the 5 and 6 mil range?

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 02:36 PM
NewHabsEra*

I was saying something between 5 and 6 and people called me crazy..

Some teams in this league would be willing to pay alot for that kind of defenseman..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Eggbeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
his shot from the point ALWAYS hits the shin pads of the guy in front of him, always
That's not true. Sometimes it hits the boards.

Eggbeater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 02:40 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I was saying something between 5 and 6 and people called me crazy..

Some teams in this league would be willing to pay alot for that kind of defenseman..
Some teams are willing to pay 10 million a season for a player. Does that make those teams right?

I just feel like anything over 5 mil per season is too much. Would I be sad if he left, sure. But at 6 or 6.5 mil I'd personally look for another option, i.e. J.Bo.

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Souray44

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x View Post
Its not what fans says hes worth or ''hope'' to see him signed for, its the reality of it.

If he wants to sign here again, i see a 5 year deal at $30M. If he doesnt want to stay, he'll get offers at around 6.5 to 7M a year.
I can't imagine he's going to get Chara/Pronger/Lidstrom money which is basically what he's at if he got 7ish. That's just not going to happen.

I'd say he signs with us for no more than 5 but not much less either.

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Pr3Va1L

Lindstrom = $7.6 million

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Who the hell is Lindstrom????

Old
02-04-2009, 02:59 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnthomas View Post
Some teams are willing to pay 10 million a season for a player. Does that make those teams right?

I just feel like anything over 5 mil per season is too much. Would I be sad if he left, sure. But at 6 or 6.5 mil I'd personally look for another option, i.e. J.Bo.
how much do you think JayBo will get this summer?

Old
02-04-2009, 03:04 PM
habsdude

It's very important that we sign Komisarek. Losing him would really set us back since we have so much trouble attracting top UFA's. That being said, I'd give him 4-5 million long term (5-6 years). I wouldn't go higher than 5 million per., as its already been said, he needs to put up points to get him that kind of money.

habsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
how much do you think JayBo will get this summer?
No more than 8 per. I don't think he'll reach 10, unless its Charles Wang's handpuppet doing the offer.

I'd see the Habs offering him 7 mil per for 7 years and him agreeing, and in that case I really wouldn't mind losing Komi.

Any GM would pay 1-2 mil more to have J-Bo instead of Komi, which is where the logic of Komi making 6 mil is shown to be a farce and nothing else.

Hmmm, oh yeah, and let's all remember that there is a recession going on and that the cap will go down soon enough.

Old
02-04-2009, 03:06 PM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
would this even be a stretch?

Those of you who believe that he is the next captain and wouldnt dare leave are fools. He will be in the prime of his career and will be going into free agency on jul 1.
Someone will pony up close to 6 or over 6 mil a year for him. If guys like Finger and Commodore got HUGE contracts for their less than stellar seasons and careers, imagine what komi will pick up if he goes to july 1st.
And his agent knows it. The fact that Gainey didnt offer an extension to whom everyone believes is the next captain is proof that either Gainey is planning on going in a whole new direction or his head is in the sand. Gainey has made a huge mistake waiting so long to re-sign him. He will either lose him for nothing or will have to shell up a huge overpayment to keep him here.

And if we dont re-sign Komi it will leave a huge void on D and in the lockeroom. And just to be clear, the replacement likely will not come from FA because as well all know by now nobody is knocking down doors to come play here.

its funny how some of you are saying let him walk, as if we have his replacement waiting in the wings.

I forget how many prime d-men we have at 6`5 and 240 pounds who can get physical with the best of them and be a leader on the ice.

When we are desperately searching for grit, we would let one of the few who shows character walk.

This is not Kmoi or his agents doing, they are doing what is best for him. This is clearly gainey`s doing for his ridiculous negotiation tactics and failure to identify the core of the team.
Yeah right...he can't identify the core...this is just a stupid statement...STUPID.

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Souray44

Quote:
Who the hell is Lindstrom????
Apparently he's quite a rich man.

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 03:11 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
No more than 8 per. I don't think he'll reach 10, unless its Charles Wang's handpuppet doing the offer.

I'd see the Habs offering him 7 mil per for 7 years and him agreeing, and in that case I really wouldn't mind losing Komi.

Any GM would pay 1-2 mil more to have J-Bo instead of Komi, which is where the logic of Komi making 6 mil is shown to be a farce and nothing else.

Hmmm, oh yeah, and let's all remember that there is a recession going on and that the cap will go down soon enough.
Personally, I think its really tough to determine the real value of Komisarek since there are so much intangibles in his favour.. But I agree with everyone that the numbers annonced are scary.. But still, this is CKAC, nobody know how reliable this is.. It would be another hot topic to talk about for their show, another topic to distract the team once again..

Old
02-04-2009, 03:32 PM
MicroFracture

The negociations for his contract haven't even started, CKAC are just making **** up as usual.

If Komi doesn't get resigned, ouch.

MicroFracture is offline   Reply With Quote