HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Komisarek Contract

Old
02-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Dude, I love Bouillon, always had, but this season, he has made a boatload of mistakes that cost us goals. We can and will replace him for a cheaper alternative who could become better than he is.
That's funny...he's made less mistakes than Gorges(who's adored on here) but he's made a "boatload" of them.

I'm sure there are better d-men with more upside down the road, but for now he's a more than adequate #5 or 6. Anybody in Hamilton would be a downgrade for this year.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 04:34 PM
ppil

They were saying on 110% (so probably not true) that there are rumors that Komisarek has already signed with the habs but it's kept secret because Gainey doesn't want to have to deal with Kovalev, Koivu, Tanguay, etc... They said that Komisarek was asked about it and he replied with a smile. But it's only a rumor...

So you don't think Komi could ask for around 6,5 M a year.

He will get an offer of at least 5M per year from the Islanders this summer, that's written in the sky...

If you add to that the Montreal taxe, aka we always have to pay more then anywhere else (because of higher taxes, bad winter, french language (french school for kids), media pressure, etc...) I evaluate that taxe to around 20% (and it could be more).

So if Montreal wants to even that 5M offer from the Islanders they will have to offer 6M. He may take less to stay here, I certainly hope so, but don't put all your money on it...

Ask Brière, Arnott, Smyth, etc... how much less money they took to play elsewhere. Ask Lecavalier if he would be happy to play here with the contract he has.

ppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Who the hell is Lindstrom????
http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470152

Playoff Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:00 PM
ReVeuF

Dunno, just the fact that Komi was behind the bench when he was injured showed me the Habs organisation really want to keep him. At the same time Komi really liked that, he will sign here for a decent price (around 4.5 - 5 mil).

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 309
No way he gets more than Markov, or anything close. Just watch him when he's not on the ice with Andrei...things get complicated. He's a 4M player that might get a little more because he's about to be UFA.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:48 PM
JAVO16

WTF !!! That can't be right. CKAC is officially full of ****.

JAVO16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:50 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
That's funny...he's made less mistakes than Gorges(who's adored on here) but he's made a "boatload" of them.

I'm sure there are better d-men with more upside down the road, but for now he's a more than adequate #5 or 6. Anybody in Hamilton would be a downgrade for this year.
Less mistakes than Gorges? LOL.

Bouillon makes about one horrible giveaway a game that should never be made. Plus other little mistakes. And this is not an exaggeration.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
No way he gets more than Markov, or anything close. Just watch him when he's not on the ice with Andrei...things get complicated. He's a 4M player that might get a little more because he's about to be UFA.
That said, there is also no way he gets that much less than Hammer who's making 5.5 M I think. Everybody would like Gainey to sign Komisarek for 4M but the truth is he's going to ask for a lot moer than that. I still hope that we can sign him for 5M long term, 5 or 6 years maximum though. I think he really wants to play for the Habs.

Old
02-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppil View Post
They were saying on 110% (so probably not true) that there are rumors that Komisarek has already signed with the habs but it's kept secret because Gainey doesn't want to have to deal with Kovalev, Koivu, Tanguay, etc... They said that Komisarek was asked about it and he replied with a smile. But it's only a rumor...

He will get an offer of at least 5M per year from the Islanders this summer, that's written in the sky...

If you add to that the Montreal taxe, aka we always have to pay more then anywhere else (because of higher taxes, bad winter, french language (french school for kids), media pressure, etc...) I evaluate that taxe to around 20% (and it could be more).

So if Montreal wants to even that 5M offer from the Islanders they will have to offer 6M. He may take less to stay here, I certainly hope so, but don't put all your money on it...

Ask Brière, Arnott, Smyth, etc... how much less money they took to play elsewhere. Ask Lecavalier if he would be happy to play here with the contract he has.
The clowns on 110% are full of BS. One thing about Bob Gainey is that he's a stand-up guy. He would never keep a signing secret so that veterans from his team don't find out.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post

Bouillon makes about one horrible giveaway a game that should never be made. Plus other little mistakes. And this is not an exaggeration.
I still don't get why Bouillon has immunity on spending a couple of nights in the stands but Brisebois who brings more offence to the table doesn't. When he's not on kill mode he just doesn't bring that much to the table.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I still don't get why Bouillon has immunity on spending a couple of nights in the stands but Brisebois who brings more offence to the table doesn't. When he's not on kill mode he just doesn't bring that much to the table.
Because Bouillon adds some grit to the team, which is something we need when we play against teams that, unlike the penguins tuesday, play a good forechecking game. And this is something Breezer doesn't bring to the table, that's why he is the one Carbo can put in the stands.

Old
02-05-2009, 12:06 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:

Stop it! I've told you guys a million times not to exaggerate!

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 12:30 AM
Pascal

Quote:

First of all, he's not that bad.

Second of all, what do you expect out of a bottom pairing dman exactly? A Norris? Bouillon is solid in his zone and has a ton of heart, i'm sure his teammates appreciate his play.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 12:40 AM
number 11

for those thinking that the islanders can lure him over with a bigger contract, can someone give me one good reason why komisarek would want to play for them? he grew up in the area? who gives a ****?

why would he leave the team that broke him into the nhl and trained him into one of the best defensive D in the league, gave him the A and probably the C in the future...for an extra million or 1.5 million more than the habs will offer? now that we've built a team that can do some damage in the playoffs, I do not see 1 good reason why he'd set his career backwards to play in long island where he wouldn't have a guy like markov to play beside him.

komo is going to re-sign here, and there is no way it's going to be for more than markov makes.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 02:02 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
First of all, he's not that bad.

Second of all, what do you expect out of a bottom pairing dman exactly? A Norris? Bouillon is solid in his zone and has a ton of heart, i'm sure his teammates appreciate his play.
He was solid at the beginning of the year. But over the last 20 games he's been playing AHL calibre defence.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 02:57 AM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Now now now...

Who on CKAC said that, and when.

Was it a caller on a show, or a journalist?

I have NOT heard that, and I listen to them all day, except for the hunting & fishing stuff.

It's not on their website either.

Last edited by Phil Parent: 02-05-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Phil Parent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 03:01 AM
Mr. Hab

IF it's not true...phew!! Komi (imo) shouldn't make more than Markov.
I'd give Komi between 4mil to 4,5mil/year for 4 to 6 years. More than fair.
And, **** CKAC (if this is just some Mickey Mouse rumour for a ratings' boost).

IF it's true ($20 mil and only for 3 measly years) then Komi can go **** himself. He can bring his greedy *$$ to New York and play for the Isles or the Rangers. I'll hope he gets his arrogant *** kicked by Lucic again if this is all true, and I'll also hope for a career filled with injuries (I'm getting bitter about our dmen leaving for greed, look at Markov he signed a fair deal, why can't Komi do the same...greed , I'm starting to think the NHL is full of greedy "a-wholes"...what the **** is wrong with
$4mil-4,5mil/year?? not enough $$$ for Komi? **** I'm bitter about all these awholes making waaaaay too much $$$$ to play a ****ing game, I'm actually hoping some of these greedy awholes get a career-ending injury so they have to get real jobs and see how greedy they are/were). And don't even give me the "it's his agent" excuse (it's Komi who is telling his agent what to ask for, end of discussion).

KOMI's PROS: we really need Komi (size, leadership, physical play, blocking shots)

KOMI's CONS: always shoots at the legs of opposing players (in the offensive zone), always as in 95 out of 100. Can someone please tell him to get it on net more often than 5 out of a 100 times, it's ridiculous. And, he's been cold here and there this year (playing like a 2 mil, max. kind of dman).
Does Komi think he's Phaneuf? (very physical+points machine). Komi might be a VERY overpaid defensive dman soon (summer)...I hope none of this is true (Komi's greed).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 02-05-2009 at 04:20 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 05:07 AM
Pascal

Quote:
He was solid at the beginning of the year. But over the last 20 games he's been playing AHL calibre defence.
ya, like the whole team. It's not Bouillon who has to carry the team, he's just a role player. He's the wrong guy to target with criticism.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 06:36 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
wow, an out of prime defencemen signed here. Congrats. BTW its 5.5 a year.

And we paid a guy 5.5 mil a year to bring no physical presence, no real offence (yes he will put up 25-max 30 points), but he does solidify the 3rd D man position. Is he actually worth 5.5? Dont make me laugh. But thats what being an FA is.

So for 1 mil more or less, you wouldnt want to sign a player in his prime who plays on our top pairing, plays physical everynight, and is a team leader.
Good thing you arent in the hockey buiness.
Good thing you aren't running this team or you'd be overpaying your D without a thought to having to give Price a hefty raise in a few years and having 9 other UFA's and RFA's to sign this coming off season.

When you rationalize overpaying for a player currently in your possession because somebody else will offer him Chara type money then it is you that has no idea what a shrinking cap means to team management.

All I heard was that Komi wasn't deserving of being at the all star game and certainly not a starter of that game. There were at least 10 guys better than him who should have started ahead of him. He doesn't score or even shoot most of the time and doesn't produce offence with outlet passes from his end. He is a stay at home D that blocks shots and hits like a train. Tell me how with that skill
set he is worth more than $4-4.5M?

If he wants to play his entire career with the same team that is competitive and that he has worked hard towards being a leader of then he needs to be reasonable and not go for the money that some desperate team would offer.

By your logic we should have given Streit $4M because we should have matched what he'd get on the open market when he confirmed he would have signed for almost half of that amount to stay with us before turning UFA.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Lone Rogue

For some reason, Hab fans are deathly scared of ever giving someone more than $5M a year

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 08:10 AM
smon

It's not unreasonable to see Komisarek at 5M/year if Roman Hamrlik is worth 5.5M/yr to the Canadiens. And I think you'll see some of that logic being used by Komisarek's agents. Gainey's probably hoping for somewhere around there anyway.

That being said, I think numbers in the 6M range are completely ridiculous. Brooks Orpik is a stay-at-home shot blocking defenseman who signed for 3.75M last season. Obviously Komisarek is better than Orpik, but in terms of comparables he's more Orpik than Bouwmeester, let's put it that way.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 08:28 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

I could care less if Komisarek gets 5M or so, I think that's a little high but to me he's the player I think Gainey needs to focus on the most to keep around, losing him would be a major blow to our defense and toughness (which we lack afford to lose any more toughness)

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 08:30 AM
whitespy
Allllriiight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

Many people here would be surprised at what Shawn Belle could bring to the table. I believe he would be a great 6th D (although he was drafted to be a top 4) . He's lightning fast, 6-1 235bls, he's tough, he hits, is very good defensively (+16) and makes a decent first pass.

For those who have had a chance to watch him play (at least 5-10 games), what do you think?

Last edited by whitespy: 02-05-2009 at 08:46 AM.
whitespy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Judge Sauer*

Wow, did a bunch of guys here do a quick 180 and start finding extra faults to use as a basis for an arguement to not give Komo a larger contract.
First off, Komo is not even in his prime yet and he still ranks near the top in hits and blocked shots, he's emerging as a leader for this team, we saw that he has a pretty hard shot during the all star weekend, we saw what the team is like without him in the line-up.

I wouldn't be adverse to being glad that he gets 5 and 5.

There is no sneaking around anything when it comes to Gainey, anyone who beleives that there is a secret signing needs a good kick in the head.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Markovskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppil View Post

Of cours it's more... it's 18% in the US and 50% in Canada with a salary like that. Welcome to Social democratie of soviet Canada my friend

Oh btw, you don't have to send your kids at a french school...you should know better then that if you live in montreal man

But other then that I will agree. Montréal is slowly becoming one of the least appealing city in Canada, up there with Toronto.

Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote