HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Ponikarovsky/Antropov Bandwagon

Old
02-05-2009, 11:48 AM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I'm not a GM, I'm more interested in how everyone feels about bringing in one or both of these players than how you feel about my very loose trade proposal. No need to go nuts over it.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 11:50 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
As RangerBoy said in an earlier thread, the Rangers will have $300,000 left under the cap at the trade deadline. I highly doubt the Maple Leafs would do the aforementioned trade anyway but we are not giving up enough salary to stay under the cap.

Slats will probably do what he always does at the trade deadline, make some minor moves and that's it. And he hasn't traded for a rental player since Sykora so I think it's something he'd rather avoid. I just hope Sather avoids more reclamation projects such as Backman....
Sykora is someone Sather probably could have and should have re-signed, it's his fault he was simply a rental player and nothing more

Old
02-05-2009, 11:52 AM
RangerFan10

[QUOTE=satrabyk;17728245]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I'm on it. Both are getting on hot streaks. They're playing in a situation I'd say even worse than the Rangers talentwise, Dominic Moore is their 2nd line center...Last night against Florida they both scored their 16th goals of the season. I'd be ecstatic about one or both of these guys coming in. Burke likes bigger players so send Voros in a deal with a 2nd rounder and Prucha and/or Dawes. If they want, mid-level prospects like Dupont, Potter, etc. would be fine IMO to deal as well. Ponikkarovsky is under contract through next season and is a 2.1 cap hit.

Antropov is an UFA after this year, but is a 2 mil cap hit. If they're together we at least get Ponikarovsky for the next season, and Antopov could be a rental and if he plays well we can make a contract offer. Both are the size we need and we don't need to baby them into the line-up like we will/would have to with Anisimov/Grachev.

Antropov 6'6" 230 lbs. 16 G 22 A 38 Pts
Ponikarovsky 6'4" 220 lbs. 16 G 18 A 34 P

Lets say we gave up Dawes, Prucha, AND Voros for them. Toronto could use depth at forward with potential(Dawes and Prucha). Voros gives them size in exchange. We throw in a draft pick as well perhaps.

Naslund-Gomez-Antropov
Ponikarovsky-Drury-Zherdev
Korpikoski-Dubinsky-Callahan
Orr-Betts-Sjostrom

I love the way those lines look, you have size on every line. Not sure who you call-up to be your healthy scratch, maybe see if Rissmiller will clear waivers again? A minor problem to deal with if we could make this happen.[/Q

Upfront if we cannot pick up a kovalchuk, then a guy like Antropov or ponny are actually worth a look. Those two i think are actually good plus minus players aswell. I also like these guys because, for one they are used to big cities and they are guys who can play well agianst the boards which o think we really are endire need of. Good post and i hope we add some players.
Antropov's +/- is not so good, but Ponny's a +2 on a losing team that isn't exactly great defensively.