HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ducks Acquire Mike Brown for McIver

Old
02-04-2009, 04:35 PM
vcx*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog Hodgson View Post
Ya, I also find - due to moderations, sometimes people are never really held accountable for the things they claim/argue. It is seen as trolling, but in reality, it is accountability.
There should be a moderating assessment test and training, lol. I lol but I really mean it.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 04:40 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
I don't get the province up here anymore but I read on TSN that he was out of the line up for personal reasons or something like that, so maybe he's healthy finally and is just taking care of something family related. But yeah, he is always hurt, I remember reading he set a record for Canucks players for the Grind hike, I thought he was finally healthy and then...he's hurt again and again...you get the pattern. Poor guy, I thought he made Cooke expendable (Burrows as well I guess) with a small energy player when he was healthy and now he can't stay healthy and really at this point, is his career in jeopardy at all yet? Hope it's not.
the story with Rypien has always been the same... the way he plays - the way he has to play to be successful in the NHL - his body just can't handle it... he's had more separate injuries over the years than games he's actually played with the canucks.

it's too bad too... great energy player... was solid in the few games he played... could fight, had solid skating ability, versatile player that could play different forward positions, played with tons of heart and grit, and showed some pretty nice hands in the limited time he had. I'd love to see him in a fulltime role in the bottom 6 for the canucks.

but he's just injury-prone - that's actually probably an understatement! He makes Salo look like an ironman!

The club hasn't released any info on his personal situation and why he's taking time off... but I've always thought that he's taking time off to see whether he should - or could - continue his career, given all the injuries he's had... maybe speaking to a private doctor to see where his body is at and how much permanent damage he risks doing if he does come back. No idea though what his personal leave is for, just guessing it has something to do with whether he's going to continue his career or not. If I had to bet, I'd bet that we've seen the last of Rypien ... too bad really, was quickly becoming a fan favorite in his limited time in the NHL.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Canucksrock

Quote:
I don't get the province up here anymore but I read on TSN that he was out of the line up for personal reasons or something like that, so maybe he's healthy finally and is just taking care of something family related. But yeah, he is always hurt, I remember reading he set a record for Canucks players for the Grind hike, I thought he was finally healthy and then...he's hurt again and again...you get the pattern. Poor guy, I thought he made Cooke expendable (Burrows as well I guess) with a small energy player when he was healthy and now he can't stay healthy and really at this point, is his career in jeopardy at all yet? Hope it's not.
not so much....especially since last night

Canucksrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Talentless Practise*

Perry
Ryan
Selanne
Parros

I'm sure Right winger Mike Brown will have no problem whatsoever cracking our lineup

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 04:45 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
the story with Rypien has always been the same... the way he plays - the way he has to play to be successful in the NHL - his body just can't handle it... he's had more separate injuries over the years than games he's actually played with the canucks.

it's too bad too... great energy player... was solid in the few games he played... could fight, had solid skating ability, versatile player that could play different forward positions, played with tons of heart and grit, and showed some pretty nice hands in the limited time he had. I'd love to see him in a fulltime role in the bottom 6 for the canucks.

but he's just injury-prone - that's actually probably an understatement! He makes Salo look like an ironman!

The club hasn't released any info on his personal situation and why he's taking time off... but I've always thought that he's taking time off to see whether he should - or could - continue his career, given all the injuries he's had... maybe speaking to a private doctor to see where his body is at and how much permanent damage he risks doing if he does come back. No idea though what his personal leave is for, just guessing it has something to do with whether he's going to continue his career or not. If I had to bet, I'd bet that we've seen the last of Rypien ... too bad really, was quickly becoming a fan favorite in his limited time in the NHL.
Yeah, I mean if the Pens didn't have a right winger that was an energy type player, I'd love to see him on the Pens if he can change his style a little so he can be healthy. I don't know what is issue is, maybe his conditioning isn't really suited for the style he plays and it's just general conditioning? I know if you play a certain way, you lift weights and do strength training to play that way and maybe he's just skipping that, although the trainers the Canucks have are top notch and one of the best.

I hope he doesn't give up.

Old
02-04-2009, 04:48 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucksrock View Post
not so much....especially since last night
You are from Surrey, so I don't blame you for not understanding. I meant Rypien and Burrows made a guy like Cooke expendable, not that Burrows was expendable.

Old
02-04-2009, 04:48 PM
marklabonte

S. Obrien is going to be finishing his season on another team. Maybe he can be the finesse, shut-down defenceman he thinks he is somewhere else, lol.

marklabonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 04:53 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklabonte View Post
S. Obrien is going to be finishing his season on another team. Maybe he can be the finesse, shut-down defenceman he thinks he is somewhere else, lol.
I think a communication problem and what they need from O'Brien got lost and now people saying he thinks he was a finesse player? Hell if the Canucks don't want him, I would totally be for a Scuderi for O'Brien trade or even a Gill for O'Brien trade. I would love to see Shero re-sign for a cheap 2yr deal and play his role as a physical d-man with Goligoski on the bottom pairing.

Old
02-04-2009, 04:53 PM
fullclip
Prepare to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklabonte View Post
I hope not. I like what O'brien brings to the table. He is better than McIver. He never said he was a finesse player anyways he just didn't think he was a pure fighter. I think he is more and probably has some untapped offensive potential. It's all about the opportunities you get and roles the coaches put you in. Some guys never get that chance.

fullclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 04:56 PM
kevinBOOMBOOMbieksa

Quote:
Yeah, I mean if the Pens didn't have a right winger that was an energy type player, I'd love to see him on the Pens if he can change his style a little so he can be healthy. I don't know what is issue is, maybe his conditioning isn't really suited for the style he plays and it's just general conditioning? I know if you play a certain way, you lift weights and do strength training to play that way and maybe he's just skipping that, although the trainers the Canucks have are top notch and one of the best.

I hope he doesn't give up.
His conditioning was always top notch. Like someone mentioned he set a record for fastest time up the "Grind" (a local mountain hike the Canucks go on every year) and he is regularly regarded as a gym freak and incredibly strong for his size. His problem is just that, being small (listed as 170 on the Canucks site). The way he plays, his body falls apart but he can't simply stop playing that way if he wants to be an nhler.

kevinBOOMBOOMbieksa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:00 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinBOOMBOOMbieksa View Post
His conditioning was always top notch. Like someone mentioned he set a record for fastest time up the "Grind" (a local mountain hike the Canucks go on every year) and he is regularly regarded as a gym freak and incredibly strong for his size. His problem is just that, being small (listed as 170 on the Canucks site). The way he plays, his body falls apart but he can't simply stop playing that way if he wants to be an nhler.
I mentioned it and I know what it is lol (I was born in Vancouver, right in VGH, true Vancouverite). I think that conditioning is fine but you need to build the muscles that you use more often for the style you play. Like if you sprint, your conditioning will be totally different etc etc...At least I hope it's a problem that is easily fixable like that.

Old
02-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Leafidelity

vCash: 1775
Ive never heard of either of these guys, are they AHL players or something?

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:04 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
This REALLY puts Obrien on the block.
Exactly what I thought.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:05 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guys View Post
They should be but both have been playing in the NHL for whatever reason.

McIver got waived so he'll be in the AHL.... Not sure what Anaheim has planned for Brown.

02-04-2009, 05:07 PM
GarretJoseph*

Oh wow!

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog Hodgson View Post
Hahaha. Why not just admit you were wrong instead of making yourself look even stupider by bringing up an array of irrelevant points.

Once again, better luck next time Randall.
I'm not wrong, I specifically remember seeing your board early in the season and people not wanting to lose Brown to waivers why are you guys trying to deny that?

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:08 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guys View Post
They are as close to house hold names as Deveaux (sp?) and Williams.

Old
02-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFluoric View Post
Maybe Mitchell doesn't fight against the Ducks because he rarely ever fights? I also hope Brown plays and fights against the Canucks so we can laugh at him from the other side.
The problem with the "mitch" is when he goes and starts crosschecking and throwing subtle little shots, he won't drop the gloves when challenged, which is too bad.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Pure

Brett Clark for Shane O'Brien?

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:11 PM
kevinBOOMBOOMbieksa

Quote:
I mentioned it and I know what it is lol (I was born in Vancouver, right in VGH, true Vancouverite). I think that conditioning is fine but you need to build the muscles that you use more often for the style you play. Like if you sprint, your conditioning will be totally different etc etc...At least I hope it's a problem that is easily fixable like that.
Sorry, I didn't realize it was you who said it. However, a large chunk of his injuries have not been muscle relate (broken ankle, broken finger, flu). He had a groin injury which is surprising given his fitness level. I am not sure what causes a hernia but that happened in the gym. Basically only the long groin injury can be attributed to inadequate conditioning.

There might be more injuries that TSN does not list. Also, I am no expert and may be way off on my reasoning so please correct me if I am wrong

Cheers

kevinBOOMBOOMbieksa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:13 PM
pitseleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
I'm not wrong, I specifically remember seeing your board early in the season and people not wanting to lose Brown to waivers why are you guys trying to deny that?
If there were people who didn't want to lose Brown to waivers it was a tiny minority. Pretty much the entire Canucks board has wanted to see Brown waived since October.

pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Jimmy McNulty

Sheesh, Sheldon Brookbank, Nathan McIver, Mike Brown...teams are definitely gearing up for the stretch drive!

Jimmy McNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Towelie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
As pitseleh has pointed out, your assessment of this situation is completely incorrect. You can admit you are wrong now, big guy.

Towelie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:29 PM
TOML

I wonder if this trade was Bob Murray's idea... Or Dave Nonis' idea? Dave probably wrote Mike Brown's name on an empty box of Krispy Kremes and Bob found it in his daily search for Brian Burke memos.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:35 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

File this under "Who gives a ****"

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote