HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

No Richards in Montreal as per RDS!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2009, 11:36 PM
  #351
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsdude View Post
RDS hears a rumor and they immediately contact "sources" in dallas to know if it's true? What are they going to say? "Yes of course we've been shipping Richards around". Kinda sad
That would make to much sense for you right?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 07:29 AM
  #352
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
let start a NEW RUMOUR ............




Lecavalier , Richards and StLoius Reunion with Montreal

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 09:47 AM
  #353
silver cup
Registered User
 
silver cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lasalle,Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
My bet would be Gainy's inquiring about Robidas. Richards is the smokescreen.

silver cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 09:59 AM
  #354
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver cup View Post
My bet would be Gainy's inquiring about Robidas. Richards is the smokescreen.

yeah ok, why the hell didn't we kust keep him when we had him ? just what we need another big punishing Dman . oh i know he plays big and is so good...but no he isn't, he hits and most of the times he is the one taking the brunt of the hit.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 10:12 AM
  #355
habsdude
 
habsdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Quebec City, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
That would make to much sense for you right?
What would make sense is team's top management not revealing what they're up to/ their plans to the media. Obviously thats not always the case, but its the reason why i respect how Gainey operates.

habsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 10:26 AM
  #356
Marksman
Registered User
 
Marksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Our PP could use Robidas, hes right handed shot. He can be trusted to play even strength minutes too, unlike Brisebois. Easily top four dman here, now.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 10:59 AM
  #357
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
A 20-goal former hab killer?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=35409

could be be cheap...

not a bad idea...
Yeah, he's one of the rentals I'd take. Lats out, Lang out, altho we need a centerman. But who would go down? Daggs?

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 12:43 PM
  #358
thedoor81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 102
vCash: 500
Brad Richard is not going to cost a lot actually. Remember the deal of Kovy VS Balej, mainly because the two GM were good buddies, and the Rangers haud to get rid of Kovalev. I'm not saying Richard would cost nothing, all i'm saying is The Stars want his contract out because of the salary cap in 2 years, first, and second, he's disapointing with this team in the west, and for 7,8M$, combined with the Avery fiasco, Dallas has to get him out.

According to the rumor, Richards who has a no trade clause, has been informed about a possible trade in Montreal, and he accepted to flush his clause cause he also want to get out of this place were he's the second center there and will always be, cause Ribeiro and Morrow are lock together for at least 2 more seasons.

No doubt that Mister Conn Smyte will come to Montreal with the only goal to perform and put his carreer back on track with a prestigious organization (and don't we need a playoff center here in Mtl? please, please, please I don't want to enter the playoffs with the same number one and two centers, don't we ever learn...)

As for Niskanen, another American player, would be great to add to our blueline. He will soon be looking for a long term contract, and maybe The Stars are not interested because of Fistric and Grossman alrealdy aboard. I think The Stars are looking at Gorges, with a top quality contract.

thedoor81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 12:52 PM
  #359
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoor81 View Post
Brad Richard is not going to cost a lot actually. Remember the deal of Kovy VS Balej, mainly because the two GM were good buddies, and the Rangers haud to get rid of Kovalev. I'm not saying Richard would cost nothing, all i'm saying is The Stars want his contract out because of the salary cap in 2 years, first, and second, he's disapointing with this team in the west, and for 7,8M$, combined with the Avery fiasco, Dallas has to get him out.

As for Niskanen, another American player, would be great to add to our blueline. He will soon be looking for a long term contract, and maybe The Stars are not interested because of Fistric and Grossman alrealdy aboard. I think The Stars are looking at Gorges, with a top quality contract.
Zubov is 37 years old. And Lehtinen is 35. Seems to me that they could be ready to part with those guys so we're talking about 9.5 million per year here....should be enough to retain Richards and surely keep Niskanen who could actually be their next Zubov. Add to this Sydor who's 36 and makes 2.2 and they could have some more room if they need it. Surely Dallas is about to be in reconstruction mode where they'll be quite young. But they could even get a cheap vet to play with those youngsters.

They still need centermen on that team and Modano is not getting any younger.

By the way, Dallas is doing much much better and if there was one problem, well they got rid of it....and Turco is playing much better.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:03 PM
  #360
thedoor81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Zubov is 37 years old. And Lehtinen is 35. Seems to me that they could be ready to part with those guys so we're talking about 9.5 million per year here....should be enough to retain Richards and surely keep Niskanen who could actually be their next Zubov. Add to this Sydor who's 36 and makes 2.2 and they could have some more room if they need it. Surely Dallas is about to be in reconstruction mode where they'll be quite young. But they could even get a cheap vet to play with those youngsters.

They still need centermen on that team and Modano is not getting any younger.

By the way, Dallas is doing much much better and if there was one problem, well they got rid of it....and Turco is playing much better.
True for Zubov, but Lehtinen is probably there for another 2 or 3 years if he can stay healthy.

As for Niskanen, I doubt that he could become that good.

If you're talking about a cheap young centerman, i could see Plekanec involve in a deal.

Dallas have no depth at all, one of the reason why Dallas could be tempted to trade him

thedoor81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 07:19 PM
  #361
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver cup View Post
My bet would be Gainy's inquiring about Robidas. Richards is the smokescreen.
Dallas is currently trying to make it to the playoffs... but considering Morrow and Zubov are done for the season, they might consider building for next year right now. And getting some free cap space by getting a UFA from Montreal has value.

Considering the good relation Les Canadiens has with the Stars and our former gift called Mike Ribeiro, I can imagine Richards being delt for Kovalev... Robidas would be a good replacement for Streit (finally), but won't help the team to go far in the playoffs.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 07:22 PM
  #362
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Dallas is currently trying to make it to the playoffs... but considering Morrow and Zubov are done for the season, they might consider building for next year right now. And getting some free cap space by getting a UFA from Montreal has value.

Considering the good relation Les Canadiens has with the Stars and our former gift called Mike Ribeiro, I can imagine Richards being delt for Kovalev... Robidas would be a good replacement for Streit (finally), but won't help the team to go far in the playoffs.
No he wouldn't, we had him we let him go BG doesnt want him back !

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.