HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Idea's for Trade Dead Line and Pre/Season

Old
02-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

vCash: 500
Idea's for Trade Dead Line and Pre/Season

If it wasnt for the beging of the year the rangers woudnt of make playoff's well they can still be knocked off. But wait... There can still be a curse on NY 2 years in a row the METS failed to make playoffs rember that? Well maybe it can be the same thing for the rangers. Ok well that 10-2 lost to dallas was just plain out embarring. What they need to do it start fresh all over. Get a new head coach, trade every player execpt Zherdef, Lundqvist, Staal Orr [just to start up the crowd], Betts [I like his hard work] and a few other players. Other than them trade them all away for young players and picks. The rangers should just start new and start getting high picks and land on a player like a John Tarves type of guy, I know the rangers can lose that many game to get on him but they wont get him.

There is a rumor going around that the rangers might do a 3-way trade with FLO-OTT it will be To Rangers: Jason Spezza To FLO: Scotty Gomez To Ott: Jay-Bo

They should get Spezza and rangers build around him.

They should trade Drury packaged with a 3rd liner or 4th for a first round high pick.

Trade Naslund for a a decent prospect + a 3rd round pick.

Get a better backup because I dont trust Vali and more since the 5 goal blow a few months ago and allowing 10 goals which I dont think its really his fault I am not sure yet but there was a lot of pentlys.

Trade Voros he just sucks he cannot get a point any more I think he was just getting luck the first month. But every game some times gets +10 PIM.

Well there is more people..

Thats my oponion of what the rangers should do to the team. They can even get a simple win off a horrible team. if it wasnt for the first 2 months they would be at the bottom of the list. I new that the rangers were going to do bad since they got rid of Avery and Jagr. But they have to let players go at time. But oh way I forgo to say... rangers might get Avery...

Tony D63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 08:52 AM
ThirdEye

We'll know in a week or two whether this team should sell and/or tank.

I don't think this team has it in it to repeat last year and make the playoffs. When the better Eastern Conference teams start stepping it up to secure their spot in the rankings this team is going to plummet pretty quickly because they simply aren't good.

It's doubtful they will able to move Drury, Redden or Gomez. Naslund and Rozsival have some value though and someone will pick them up if the Rangers decide to sell.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 08:57 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
We'll know in a week or two whether this team should sell and/or tank.

I don't think this team has it in it to repeat last year and make the playoffs. When the better Eastern Conference teams start stepping it up to secure their spot in the rankings this team is going to plummet pretty quickly because they simply aren't good.

It's doubtful they will able to move Drury, Redden or Gomez. Naslund and Rozsival have some value though and someone will pick them up if the Rangers decide to sell.
Between no trade clauses and high salaries for crap players, nobody is going anywhere!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 10:06 AM
NYRangerfn09

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgorangers54 View Post
If it wasnt for the beging of the year the rangers woudnt of make playoff's well they can still be knocked off. But wait... There can still be a curse on NY 2 years in a row the METS failed to make playoffs rember that? Well maybe it can be the same thing for the rangers. Ok well that 10-2 lost to dallas was just plain out embarring. What they need to do it start fresh all over. Get a new head coach, trade every player execpt Zherdev, Lundqvist, Staal Orr [just to start up the crowd], Betts [I like his hard work] and a few other players. Other than them trade them all away for young players and picks. The rangers should just start new and start getting high picks and land on a player like a John Tarves type of guy, I know the rangers can lose that many game to get on him but they wont get him.

There is a rumor going around that the rangers might do a 3-way trade with FLO-OTT it will be To Rangers: Jason Spezza To FLO: Scotty Gomez To Ott: Jay-Bo

They should get Spezza and rangers build around him.

They should trade Drury packaged with a 3rd liner or 4th for a first round high pick.

Trade Naslund for a a decent prospect + a 3rd round pick.

Get a better backup because I dont trust Vali and more since the 5 goal blow a few months ago and allowing 10 goals which I dont think its really his fault I am not sure yet but there was a lot of pentlys.

Trade Voros he just sucks he cannot get a point any more I thin
k he was just getting luck the first month. But every game some times gets +10 PIM.

Well there is more people..

Thats my oponion of what the rangers should do to the team. They can even get a simple win off a horrible team. if it wasnt for the first 2 months they would be at the bottom of the list. I new that the rangers were going to do bad since they got rid of Avery and Jagr. But they have to let players go at time. But oh way I forgo to say... rangers might get Avery...
Changes should be made but there is no way we are trading 20 players before the trade deadline or within the next 3 years for that matter. Some of the trades you have made just sound impossible. Jay-Bo for Gomez? NO WAY. Drury and a 3rd liner would NOT bring back a First round. Naslund has a NMC and for a team to give up a prospect and a 3rd just would not happen anyway. Vally has been great all season he has played bad for two games, trust me I was at the Toronto game I was annoyed but not enough to trade him. If a good deal is there than sure but do not actively shop him when we don't have much in the way of a backup. Voros sucks. Get rid of him somehow.

Last edited by NYRangerfn09: 02-07-2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Typo
NYRangerfn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Okposofan21

you are not getting a first round pick in return for chris drury.

Okposofan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 10:24 AM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
I guess my only worry is that they will do absolutely nothing and make a quiet exit either before the playoffs or in the first round. Sather has been pretty stubborn in the past I don't see him selling off the team he just built last year.

And to be honest he probably shouldn't aside from maybe Gomez. The team mainly needs a coaching change, not even because Renney is so horrible, but they just don't seem to give a **** anymore kinda like the last few months of Mucklers reign.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 10:37 AM
trademasterb*

If you bring Spezza in here you can't keep Renney. You can't risk Renney ruining another player with a lot of offensive game.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 10:40 AM
JKDR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okposofan21 View Post
Why not? If he were on another team, thats what would be expected of us to get him. Plus as bad as Drury has been, he is at his best in the playoffs, weve seen that first hand! Clean house I say!

JKDR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 11:20 AM
GoNikolaiZherdevGo

Who's Zherdef again? I don't see anything major happening with this team. We don't have pieces to move unless you're willing to give up staal or our few good prospects.

GoNikolaiZherdevGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 11:25 AM
RinkOnEStreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKDR1 View Post
Why not? If he were on another team, thats what would be expected of us to get him. Plus as bad as Drury has been, he is at his best in the playoffs, weve seen that first hand! Clean house I say!
Because he is insanely overpaid and really sucks.

RinkOnEStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
This team is really starting to look like it has Isiah Thomas as GM. We are going to be in cap hell just like the Knicks for a long time. Drury 3 more years, Gomez 5, Redden 5, Rozy 3(not as bad).

Hollywood Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 02:17 PM
NYR Viper

Even if this team isnt going to be "buyers" at the deadline I would really like to see Sather make a very hard push to get some size, skill and tenacity for the 3rd line. I am not talking about rental players, I mean players who he could resign and make an impact for a few years. I see players like Ruutu(T) and Neil. Adding players like that would allow this team to start punishing the other teams and making them cough up the puck. I have said it for a while, this team needs some size and someone else who will punish the other team. Players like Callahan and Dubinsky can only do so much.

Also, Redden should be gotten rid of, along with Gomez. Get whatever you can for them, however the cap space is a lot more valuable than either of those to this team.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgorangers54 View Post
Cite a source on this or please remove it from your post.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Vitto79

Is it crazy to think that Aneheim would move Pronger to the Rangers for a high pick,prospect, Rozsvial, Voros, Prucha

they do need guys under contract for next yr?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
If you bring Spezza in here you can't keep Renney. You can't risk Renney ruining another player with a lot of offensive game.
Another player? Can you please name one that he has ruined?

Old
02-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Is it crazy to think that Aneheim would move Pronger to the Rangers for a high pick,prospect, Rozsvial, Voros, Prucha

they do need guys under contract for next yr?
The Rangers don't need to be trading high picks or prospects for anyone over the age of 30.

Old
02-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okposofan21 View Post
Absolutely would get a first rounder in return for Drury. But it doesn't matter anyway, becuase despite all the critics...Management loves the guy. He isn't going anywhere.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 02:33 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
The Rangers don't need to be trading high picks or prospects for anyone over the age of 30.
Exactly. This team needs to hold onto those picks. If Pronger was that last final piece then I would say it is an option but this team has A LOT more wrong with it than just that.

Old
02-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Exactly. This team needs to hold onto those picks. If Pronger was that last final piece then I would say it is an option but this team has A LOT more wrong with it than just that.
what do you guys think it would take to get both Niedermeyers out of Aneheim?

Scott is going to retire at the end of the year. I would also not mind a line with Korpokioski, Rob Niedermeyer,Callahan as the 3rd

I believe both are UFA and Aneheim needs players under contract for next yr............do you think they would take Rozsival?

Old
02-07-2009, 02:39 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Scott is going to retire at the end of the year. I would also not mind a line with Korpokioski, Rob Niedermeyer,Callahan as the 3rd

I believe both are UFA and Aneheim needs players under contract for next yr............do you think they would take Rozsival?
What would it take? Start with about 10M in cap space.

And I think that rather taking another team's space, they'd prefer who spend their own money.

02-07-2009, 02:40 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:

Too much.

Old
02-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
What would it take? Start with about 10M in cap space.

And I think that rather taking another team's space, they'd prefer who spend their own money.
well not really.........6.75 + 2 is 8.75..............so if the Rangers moved Rozsvial at 5, Prucha at 1.6, Voros 1...........that would fit under the cap

Old
02-07-2009, 02:44 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
well not really.........6.75 + 2 is 8.75..............so if the Rangers moved Rozsvial at 5, Prucha at 1.6, Voros 1...........that would fit under the cap
Because its all predicated on the Ducks wanting those guys.

Why would the Ducks want those guys when then can keep the best player in the deal and gain capspace in the offseason

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Because its all predicated on the Ducks wanting those guys.

Why would the Ducks want those guys when then can keep the best player in the deal and gain capspace in the offseason
They could look at it and say we are going to lose a top Dman in Niedermeyer so why not get one of the top Offensive Dmen over the past 2 yrs in Rozi

they don't have to worry about cap flexibility , it's automotatic for them next yr with all of the FA's.....It's insane to see how many guys are FA

off the top of my head, Marchant, Morrison who they don't want.....Rob N, Pahlsson............

Old
02-07-2009, 02:55 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
They could look at it and say we are going to lose a top Dman in Niedermeyer so why not get one of the top Offensive Dmen over the past 2 yrs in Rozi
Because Michal Rozsival is not a top offensive defenseman. And should they desire him, I'm sure he'd be available this summer.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote