HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does our team even care?

Old
02-05-2009, 10:00 PM
OrbitalDynamics

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I really think that Renney is losing the team or something.
I've said it before, the Rangers remind me a lot of the Mets right before Randolph got fired.

The listlessness, the fundamental errors (How many too many men penalties?),it goes on and on.

To me it screams out the coach has "lost" this team.

As for Naslund making comments, hasn't he already seen this movie with Renney in Vancouver?

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 12:27 AM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
After the loss last night, I only saw a few mad players. Mara, Zherdev, and Henke to name a few. On the opposite end, you go Captain Careless, Gomez, Naslund who celebrate's goals as if his dog died. They barely show any emotion out there. I miss the teams that played with heart...
Just because someone is mild mannered on the ice doesn't mean they care. We have a team with vets that HAVE been there before, so why wouldn't they act it? Why is it so hard for some people to believe that there isn't one personality type that plays this game - the stereotypical angry guy who gets upset if the other team looks at him funny.

And to say the captains don't show heart is foolish. Yeah Drury takes a beating on the powerplay that doesn't even get the puck to the net...because he doesn't care.

Gomez doesn't show emotion? He made Kovalchuk bleed earlier in the year, he backs down from no one. And when I watch his interviews post-game I feel like he is much closer to being like Mara and Hank as far as being pissed than Dru and Nassy.

Naslund is the only guy on this team that's produced on a steady consistant basis. Sorry he doesn't act like he just scored the game winner for the US in 1980 to beat the Soviets everytime he nets one..he's had a few 40 goal seasons, it's not like he hasn't scored before.

They have bigger goals than to just win on a game by game basis. They want to win their division and they want more than a 2nd round exit. Maybe it's not realistic from most peoples perspectives on this board but you think in that lockerroom they don't care if they lose? Get real.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 12:30 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesHockey View Post
I concur.

He had fire in his eyes after that goal. You could tell he was pumped. And he backed off of Z cause he wanted to clock someone....lol.
exactly, a guy who's scored a lot in his prime on a team that almost got shut out two games in a row, one to a rookie goaltender and then almost to a struggling goalie on a struggling team...you think he's not frustrated as hell?

Old
02-06-2009, 12:33 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick26 View Post
Captain Cash and the other overpaid veterans don't, and they've now created a culture of apathy which has spread throughout the entire team like a virus.
that's just stupid. If you don't see the frustration in Gomez, Drury, Redden, and Naslund's eyes, the way they play, etc. I don't know what to tell you. They all wish that they were much more productive than they are right now.

Does anyone else think that Redden just looks permanently angry since he signed here? I don't think i've ever seen him smile haha

Old
02-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Ice Hockey

i hate to admit it but i am getting a bad feeling about this, concerning some of our players. please prove me wrong.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Fletch

I don't think they care. In fact, I think they actually say to themselves before getting into the rink, "I really don't care".

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 03:37 PM
char521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
What? You mean you didn't see the video of Gomez and Drury celebrating the loss in the locker room? I heard they burned a Graves jersey too.
hahaha that was so funny i almost fell off my dinosaur.

But seriously there nhl players, they all care, some of them just internalize everything. I think most of you guys here judge effort and heart based on body language that you see on the ice, this is a big mistake. For all you know marcus naslund could go home to his appartment and cry himself to sleep after everygame and then wake up and go to the rink by himself.

char521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Balej20*

The Rangers Don't Care, Why Should The Fans?

It's obvious the majority of this team just doesn't give a darn if they win or lose. Friday night's loss to Dallas was not the first "rock bottom" debacle of this season. It's not the first time this team has quit on its coach and most importantly, it's FANS. The same fans that happen to help pay their salaries.

I just want to make sure you guys don't get too upset over this team. Trust me, I've been there, getting very depressed over the teams that did not make the playoffs for 7 straight years. It's not worth it. For the most part, they couldn't care less about you, so don't invest yourself in them. This team in particular is not worth it. If they were giving it their all night after night, then sure, invest yourself into the team. I'd be the first one at the Garden every night cheering them on. But for this team? Please.

We pay 50, 60, even 100 bucks for tickets, we buy merchandise, we PAY their contracts, but what do they do for us? Nothing. Not this year atleast. So please guys, let's keep it light. Let's laugh at the lighter side of all of this. There have been so many hilarious posts tonight, and I think that is helping keep all of our spirits up.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:11 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
I can't believe I spent $13.75 on a Gomez jersey. I'm giving it to my dog.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
It's cold out there for Dogs too. Maybe it'll help keep him warm. At the very least, it'll be a good toy for a little while.

Old
02-06-2009, 11:13 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
It's cold out there for Dogs too. Maybe it'll help keep him warm. At the very least, it'll be a good toy for a little while.
I was thinking more of a wee-wee pad. Can't have my dog being seen with a Gomez jersey.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:14 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

It's hard to not get down when you're a diehard fan. But I agree to most of that. Especially after losses like tonight... it's just a complete joke.

PS, all the funny stuff tonight that was said definitely picked my spirits up quickly.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:15 PM
In The Flesh

I love the Rangers, but this team is very hard to root for, theres just no guts.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPAULxMARAx View Post
It's hard to not get down when you're a diehard fan. But I agree to most of that. Especially after losses like tonight... it's just a complete joke.

PS, all the funny stuff tonight that was said definitely picked my spirits up quickly.
Trust me I know, it's hard being a die hard fan and witnessing this...but I've been beaten over the head with it for so long. Why don't deserve this.

Old
02-06-2009, 11:26 PM
ecemleafs

why dont u make these topics after we win? we do that more than we lose....

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Once my Iginla jersey comes in I'm rocking that to MSG, but for the mean time it's North Stars Modano and Cherepanov. When the players decide to represent the team so will I

Hollywood Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:30 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
I love the Rangers, but this team is very hard to root for, theres just no guts.
Thats why I want Avery back. Remember what he did that one year when we eliminated Atlanta. I don't even think we would have gotten to the play offs without Avery. You're right. IMO, we lost a lot of guts when we let Avery go. I thought we were going to get some of that back with Voros but facts are facts. And the fact is. He can't skate.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:31 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
You may notice an increase in the amount of turnovers your dog commits if you do that.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Trueblue30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
You may notice an increase in the amount of turnovers your dog commits if you do that.

haha

Trueblue30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:39 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
why dont u make these topics after we win? we do that more than we lose....

But we don't win the way Balej and others want us to! Besides Mark Messier would get ANGRY if he coached this team so that means he'd be way better at coaching then Renney!

This team sucks. I know that. You know that. We all know that. But let's get real, they don't suck as bad as we all act like. Especially Balej and all the other Renney bashers.

They look for every chance possible to exploit the many weaknesses of this team and voice their opinion of how he should go.

Sure, bring in Torts, Laviolette, whomever. They'll be screaming and yelling behind the bench. The team would've lost 10-2 tonight. AND they'd hate their coach.

We'd really be onto something then.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:40 PM
mucker*

This is NOT Renney's fault.
It is Sather's fault.

This is what happens when you have NO farm system...and must rely on signing overprices, overrated free agents to fill out the top six and top four defense.

Why isn't Sather on the firing block?
10 years and has his farm system produced ANY solid top six forwards?

All Sather does is produce, aside from Staal, 3rd liners and then fill out the rest with Holik, Kasperitis, Drury, Gomez, Cullen, Reddens.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:43 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by blades212 View Post
This is NOT Renney's fault.
It is Sather's fault.

This is what happens when you have NO farm system...and must rely on signing overprices, overrated free agents to fill out the top six and top four defense.

All Sather does is produce, aside from Staal, 3rd liners and then fill out the rest with Drury, Gomez, Cullen, Reddens.
Sather hasn't been fired yet because Jimmy Dolan has no idea that he owns a hockey team. Maybe Sather will be fired if he is sued for sexual harassment or kills someone.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:45 PM
ruckus*

[QUOTE=blades212;17770309]This is NOT Renney's fault.
It is Sather's fault.

All Sather does is produce, aside from Staal, 3rd liners and then fill out the rest with Holik, Kasperitis, Drury, Gomez, Cullen, Reddens.[/QUOTE]

But if we played an up tempo style these players would all lead us to a Stanley Cup! It's Tom's fault!!!

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:57 PM
wereback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
It's obvious the majority of this team just doesn't give a darn if they win or lose. Friday night's loss to Dallas was not the first "rock bottom" debacle of this season. It's not the first time this team has quit on its coach and most importantly, it's FANS. The same fans that happen to help pay their salaries.

I just want to make sure you guys don't get too upset over this team. Trust me, I've been there, getting very depressed over the teams that did not make the playoffs for 7 straight years. It's not worth it. For the most part, they couldn't care less about you, so don't invest yourself in them. This team in particular is not worth it. If they were giving it their all night after night, then sure, invest yourself into the team. I'd be the first one at the Garden every night cheering them on. But for this team? Please.

We pay 50, 60, even 100 bucks for tickets, we buy merchandise, we PAY their contracts, but what do they do for us? Nothing. Not this year atleast. So please guys, let's keep it light. Let's laugh at the lighter side of all of this. There have been so many hilarious posts tonight, and I think that is helping keep all of our spirits up.
seriously..you really think they dont care....?

wereback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 12:03 AM
frozenrubber

It's just a game. Stop the drama. Obviously the team was struggling and add the flu to the mix, and it was an absolute disaster. You could see Valley was done in the 2nd period, where he was standing completely upright until Dallas would get the puck and then get set.

I don't know how someone who sat through the 7 year playoff-less stretch thinks this is the most terrible thing that ever happened.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote