HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does our team even care?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2009, 01:05 AM
  #51
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,133
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
This sums it up


Last edited by Glen Teflon Sather: 05-06-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 01:07 AM
  #52
ThisYearsModel
Registered User
 
ThisYearsModel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 7,006
vCash: 500
We have definitely seen worse, but the last few games have been pretty bad.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 01:07 AM
  #53
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
It's just a game. Stop the drama. Obviously the team was struggling and add the flu to the mix, and it was an absolute disaster. You could see Valley was done in the 2nd period, where he was standing completely upright until Dallas would get the puck and then get set.

I don't know how someone who sat through the 7 year playoff-less stretch thinks this is the most terrible thing that ever happened.
This is the first time the Rangers have given up 10 goals since 1993, so it is a tad alarming.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 01:34 AM
  #54
HVPOLARBEARS19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY
Country: Israel
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
I would say that based on our team's effort tonight I'm gonna go with..."How bout No, Scott"

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 02:04 AM
  #55
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,913
vCash: 500
This is what happens when the guy who owns the Rangers is an Islander fan.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 02:04 AM
  #56
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
It's just a game. Stop the drama. Obviously the team was struggling and add the flu to the mix, and it was an absolute disaster. You could see Valley was done in the 2nd period, where he was standing completely upright until Dallas would get the puck and then get set.

I don't know how someone who sat through the 7 year playoff-less stretch thinks this is the most terrible thing that ever happened.
When did I say that? I made this as a positive post for the fans. You're sitting there putting words in my proverbial mouth.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 02:12 AM
  #57
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,647
vCash: 500
My dad told me this after every heartbreaking loss where I'd be very frustrated to the point of tears he used to say to me, "do you think they care about you? whether they win or lose they're going to be able to cash their checks. do you think they care that they play for the Rangers other than the fact that it's the name of their employer?" And I never, ever believed him. But after tonights loss. After the way they all just quit and you could see that they quit. And after one poster pointed out Drury's lips saying "make a save." I now believe him and know exactly what my dad was talking about.

I'm too far away from the city to be going to a game, but if I were able to get to MSG i'd definitely bring a sign that read "If the players don't care, why should I?"

I'm a Rangers fan 'til death, but that game tonight was disgusting.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 02:26 AM
  #58
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
My dad told me this after every heartbreaking loss where I'd be very frustrated to the point of tears he used to say to me, "do you think they care about you? whether they win or lose they're going to be able to cash their checks. do you think they care that they play for the Rangers other than the fact that it's the name of their employer?" And I never, ever believed him. But after tonights loss. After the way they all just quit and you could see that they quit. And after one poster pointed out Drury's lips saying "make a save." I now believe him and know exactly what my dad was talking about.

I'm too far away from the city to be going to a game, but if I were able to get to MSG i'd definitely bring a sign that read "If the players don't care, why should I?"

I'm a Rangers fan 'til death, but that game tonight was disgusting.



Did Drury really say that to Valli? That's terrible. Some of those goals were soft but the team left him out to dry. I'm really concerned about the leadership on this team.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 02:36 AM
  #59
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov
 
Jarkko Immonen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 3,136
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Eh I'm a Jets fan I can deal with it.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 02:43 AM
  #60
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post


Did Drury really say that to Valli? That's terrible. Some of those goals were soft but the team left him out to dry. I'm really concerned about the leadership on this team.
As am I.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 02:48 AM
  #61
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,147
vCash: 500
Take a listen to "Stuck in a Moment" by U2 before you all jump off the Brooklyn Bridge. Brought a smile to my face after listening to it.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 02:52 AM
  #62
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post


Did Drury really say that to Valli? That's terrible. Some of those goals were soft but the team left him out to dry. I'm really concerned about the leadership on this team.
I can't take credit for it. Someone in the GDT said that he saw that though. It infuriated me.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 02:52 AM
  #63
gravytrain6t
Registered User
 
gravytrain6t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
What? You mean you didn't see the video of Gomez and Drury celebrating the loss in the locker room? I heard they burned a Graves jersey too.
No I honestly can't say that I believe that.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 02:54 AM
  #64
GregNYR19
agitator
 
GregNYR19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,059
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
this team is under the impression that they r just given a spot in the playoffs...they stopped caring, forgot how to score, and play like they r at funerals...the only thing bright about this season is the red light behind our goalies from getting lit up so much by other teams

this team has no heart and soul its pathetic

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 06:20 AM
  #65
bumrusherer
Registered User
 
bumrusherer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,820
vCash: 500
We care because through good times and bad times, you have to get behind your team.
If you try to turn off your emotions during bad times, then the good times dont feel as good.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 06:36 AM
  #66
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,901
vCash: 500
IF Drury said that to Vally then he needs to stop and take a long hard look at himself in the mirror, he makes $7m and he is one of the least visible players on a nightly basis.

A captain who is as quiet as a mouse and looks like it would take the killing of his family to get him even slightly pissed. Captain Vanilla, plain and boring.

All 3 Redden, Gomez and Drury need to go

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 08:36 AM
  #67
Banks3rdLineCenter
 
Banks3rdLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
There is NO way Drury told Valiquette, "Make a save." Everybody relax on that one.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 09:07 AM
  #68
RangersAM99
Registered User
 
RangersAM99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Take a listen to "Stuck in a Moment" by U2 before you all jump off the Brooklyn Bridge. Brought a smile to my face after listening to it.
fact +2

RangersAM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 09:19 AM
  #69
Sheriff
Registered User
 
Sheriff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post


Did Drury really say that to Valli? That's terrible. Some of those goals were soft but the team left him out to dry. I'm really concerned about the leadership on this team.
Well I'm biased bc I don't really like Drury, but where was our so-called "Captain Clutch" in the game? Why didn't he score the crucial goal on the 2-on-1 breakaway that would have tied the game? I'm so sick of people calling Drury Mr. Clutch. But I know this will happen again when he scores the next goal. ******* him.

And Valli let in some easy ones, but that was only when the game was already decided. He had a great first period and he is definitely not the one to blame for the loss.

Sheriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 10:21 AM
  #70
Nyrvana
Registered User
 
Nyrvana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff View Post
Well I'm biased bc I don't really like Drury, but where was our so-called "Captain Clutch" in the game? Why didn't he score the crucial goal on the 2-on-1 breakaway that would have tied the game? I'm so sick of people calling Drury Mr. Clutch. But I know this will happen again when he scores the next goal. ******* him.

And Valli let in some easy ones, but that was only when the game was already decided. He had a great first period and he is definitely not the one to blame for the loss.
umm you do realize he let up three goals in the first period? Thats not exactly great. Maybe because he was only averaging giving up 9 goals and not 10? with that said Its not just on the goaltender when you give up 10 goals. But, he didn't play well and should be as much to blame as the rest of the team minus Gomez. Who gave away 2 goals when the game was actually close.

Nyrvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 10:28 AM
  #71
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,373
vCash: 500
Every ranger fan going to the game against Jersey should sit on the rangers side during warmups with signs saying "Where's the Heart?"

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 10:34 AM
  #72
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,484
vCash: 500
Can you please stop calling Drury Captain Clutch? It takes a little bit more than scoring a typically opportunistic goal against us with 7.7 seconds - when playing for frigging Buffalo - to be called that.

Drury is alot more Captain Cash than he has ever been this so called Captain Clutch. Because he has never been close to Captain Clutch to us, especially not when we've been in the playoffs.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 10:55 AM
  #73
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS
 
KotsyJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,716
vCash: 500
At this point I just call Drury "Captain Clutch" because it's a joke. The guy has scored half his goals in like 2 games Vs the Islanders and Lightning.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 11:00 AM
  #74
OSUlakers
Registered User
 
OSUlakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 585
vCash: 500
hmmmmmmm

OSUlakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 11:01 AM
  #75
Rangerfan4life90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: College Point, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Take a listen to "Stuck in a Moment" by U2 before you all jump off the Brooklyn Bridge. Brought a smile to my face after listening to it.
That and "Pride"

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.