HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers payroll for next year???

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2004, 12:14 PM
ddheyman

vCash: 500
Rangers payroll for next year???

Was just thinking out loud ... who we had left and salary (the salary is just from memory so please feel free to add, correct and disagree ...)

Holik - 9MM
Jagr - 11MM (of which we pay 5 now and 1 deferred) so 6
Kaspiritis - 4.5MM
Poti - 2.75MM
Dunham - 3MM

I think thats everyone who is not young or a free-agent. Have not considered Rachunik yet (I think he's RFA at 900K).

About 30MM of which we are responsible for 25MM.

And then of course you have to add another 10MM or so for the 15 younger players who will be on the team ignoring free agents.

Old
03-10-2004, 12:18 PM
Skroob*

25 + 10 = 35M?

Theres no way we will have a payroll under 40M. after all these years, i refuse to believe it.

I also think that there will be some UFA pickups.

Theres no way we ice a team with only about 5 players who have had more than 2 seasons of NHL hockey.

aside from our nightly avg. salary decrease, what is our avg. nightly age? we cut that down a bunch, too.

Last edited by Skroob*: 03-10-2004 at 12:21 PM.
Old
03-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
25 + 10 = 35M?

Theres no way we will have a payroll under 40M. after all these years, i refuse to believe it.

Theres no way we ice a team with only about 5 players who have had more than 2 seasons of NHL hockey.

aside from our nightly avg. salary decrease, what is our avg. nightly age? we cut that down a bunch, too.
If there is a salary cap I am sure Jagr's entire 11m will go under the Rangers number and the Caps will just have to compensate financially and will not take on the burden on the cap.

Old
03-10-2004, 12:49 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
According to Fish's site:
Jagr: $6 mil
Holik: $8.85 mil
Dunham: $3.6 mil
Poti: $3.1 mil
Kasparaitis: $4.2 mil

Total of: $ 25.75 mil

But that is only for 5 players. Another 18 players will need to be with the big club for the season. We can assume that Sather will sign a couple of free agents and go with mostly kids. If the average of the rest of the roster works out to about $1 mil a player, the payroll still tops $40 mil. If (and this is more likely, IMO) the average salary works out to about $1.4 mil per player (close to league average), the payroll will top $50 mil. That's a hell of a lot for a rebuilding team. Hell, that's a lot for most contending teams.

Old
03-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Bure9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
25 + 10 = 35M?

At most there should be three free agent signings. A d-man, left winger, center. That's it. With guys like Immonen and Umberger trying to make this team another center may not be necessary.

Old
03-10-2004, 02:54 PM
ddheyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
According to Fish's site:
Jagr: $6 mil
Holik: $8.85 mil
Dunham: $3.6 mil
Poti: $3.1 mil
Kasparaitis: $4.2 mil

Total of: $ 25.75 mil

But that is only for 5 players. Another 18 players will need to be with the big club for the season. We can assume that Sather will sign a couple of free agents and go with mostly kids. If the average of the rest of the roster works out to about $1 mil a player, the payroll still tops $40 mil. If (and this is more likely, IMO) the average salary works out to about $1.4 mil per player (close to league average), the payroll will top $50 mil. That's a hell of a lot for a rebuilding team. Hell, that's a lot for most contending teams.
Except that most teams young players aren't making 1MM on average. There making somewhere between 300k and 750k (I believe anyway). I think 1MM average for young players is a lot.

Now if you figure that we are going to sign free-agents to go with young players, then its a different story.

Closed Thread