HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Fantasy Trade Offers Thread 2

View Poll Results: Would You?
HELL YEAH! 2 4.55%
I would hink about it then say yes 1 2.27%
Would think about it then say no 5 11.36%
Where are they making this bs from? 36 81.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2010, 09:38 AM
panthersfan751

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Looks like the best we can hope for, if we don't win the lottery, is to pick third and miss out on the two top offensive guys. Wonder if it would be worth it to trade our pick and Horton for Edmonton's and Horcoff. Horcoff has a terrible contract, but throwing out this season, is not a terrible player. We would add a net $1.5 million on our salary cap and lose our best offensive player but gain a potential superstar and a center, who until this season, was comparable in numbers to Weiss, if not better.
Never. Not even close to fair value.

Old
02-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

We can still finish 29th. Isles 1 pt. behind. Carolina is only 4 pts. behind us. Toronto is looking good and 8 pts. behind.

Old
02-12-2010, 07:29 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Any interest with the Flames?

Two teams needing a shakeup. Do you think Florida would be interested in making a blockbuster? Something along the lines of:

To Calgary: Weiss, Horton, Matthias and a first

To Florida: Iginla and Bourque or Moss.

Counter?

Old
02-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
1) No
2) Read the Sticky threads in any teams forum before posting:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=603500

Old
02-12-2010, 07:33 PM
handbanana
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Trade Jay back to us, just for the lulz. I'd love to see his face if that happened.

Old
02-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Van Whalen View Post
Two teams needing a shakeup. Do you think Florida would be interested in making a blockbuster? Something along the lines of:

To Calgary: Weiss, Horton, Matthias and a first

To Florida: Iginla and Bourque or Moss.

Counter?
Worst proposal I think I've ever seen. Our only offensive threats, best prospect and a possible top 3 pick for Iginila and Bourque or Moss?

Last edited by Acadmus: 02-16-2010 at 09:04 PM. Reason: offensive
Old
02-12-2010, 08:13 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
1) No
Fair enough.

Quote:
2) Read the Sticky threads in any teams forum before posting:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=603500
Sorry, didn't see it. Don't have much use for sticky threads. Not many people read stickies in other team's forums because they are filled with useless junk and inside jokes for the fans of that team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
Worst proposal I think I've ever seen. Our only offensive threats, best prospect and a possible top 3 pick for Iginila and Bourque or Moss?
I'm pretty sure you've seen worse posts on the main board. I know I have. I didn't think the offer was that bad considering your team sent out a letter apologizing to the fans for the team they've assembled. I thought a player of Iginla's stature would have been the perfect fit for Florida. I also thought Matthias was on the outs for some reason. I've seen all sorts of lists of untouchables and he's never been on them. Continue on.

Last edited by Acadmus: 02-16-2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: qd content and responding in kind.
Old
02-12-2010, 08:17 PM
PanthersRule96

lol That's not even a bad proposal, nevermind one of the worst ever. It's not what we need, since Iginla would help us win now and we're not going to be doing that. Weiss+Horton+ for Iginla isn't that outrageous, though I do know the value of both of our guys. Iginla is a superstar and we need a star on our team on offense IMO, as much as Zero and other people refute that statement over and over again. Matthias doesn't have a ton of value, but the first rounder is a valuable asset. We do come out behind in that proposal, but even Bourque is a fine player.

Old
02-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
lol That's not even a bad proposal, nevermind one of the worst ever. It's not what we need, since Iginla would help us win now and we're not going to be doing that. Weiss+Horton+ for Iginla isn't that outrageous, though I do know the value of both of our guys. Iginla is a superstar and we need a star on our team on offense IMO, as much as Zero and other people refute that statement over and over again. Matthias doesn't have a ton of value, but the first rounder is a valuable asset. We do come out behind in that proposal, but even Bourque is a fine player.
Well said and I agree. My initial response was short because I figured the thread would be closed as soon as the moderators saw it anyway. To add to what you've said, I've seen some people questioning if Iginla is on the decline, so there may be a question mark there.

Mainly, I just don't want the Panthers trading young for old, but the proposal is not terrible by any means.

Old
02-13-2010, 12:44 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Question:

You are GM of the Panthers.

The Bruins call you. They offer Toronto's #1 pick this year plus (insert nice but not exciting piece(s) here) for Horton.

What do you say?

Old
02-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Question:

The Bruins call you. They offer Toronto's #1 pick this year plus (insert nice but not exciting piece(s) here) for Horton.

What do you say?
I think I'd say yes. Hell we might end up with the #1 and #2 picks for all we know.

Old
02-13-2010, 12:53 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Question:

What do you say?
If I was 100% sure Toronto finishes bottom 5 and doesn't go on a late season run, I probably make the trade.

Having two top 5 picks would be a hard thing for me to turn down even if it makes us worse in the short term by giving up Horton.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
If I was 100% sure Toronto finishes bottom 5 and doesn't go on a late season run, I probably make the trade.

Having two top 5 picks would be a hard thing for me to turn down even if it makes us worse in the short term by giving up Horton.
I would definitely do it. If we tanked and won the lottery and Toronto ended up with the 2nd overall pick which was ours. We could get Hall and Seguin. Obviously this is a complete pipe dream, but that would be amazing.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Georgia Panther

There has been speculation that Pittsburgh, eventually, would have to deal Malkin for Cap reasons. To hurry that event along, would you deal Horton, Weiss and our First Rounder for Malkin?

Old
02-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
There has been speculation that Pittsburgh, eventually, would have to deal Malkin for Cap reasons. To hurry that event along, would you deal Horton, Weiss and our First Rounder for Malkin?
I personally wouldn't. I don't think Malkin is worth all the hype. Is he great player? Absolutely. I just don't think he's in the same league as Crosby and OV.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Where did you read this?

I wouldn't trade our 1st rounder, but I'd give Horton and Weiss for sure but that doesn't put them in a whole lot better cap situation so it defeats the purpose.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Where did you read this?

I wouldn't trade our 1st rounder, but I'd give Horton and Weiss for sure but that doesn't put them in a whole lot better cap situation so it defeats the purpose.
Would save Pitt about $1.6mil. Pretty sure we would have to give up our first as well, which would be in the top 5. Steep price but for one of the top players in the league who is only 23 and signed long term at a $8.7 mil Cap Hit. As far as where I heard it, that has been the constant speculation since the moment Pitt drafted Malkin, that they could not fit, long term, both Crosby and Malkin under the Cap with both earning $8.7mil.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Would save Pitt about $1.6mil. Pretty sure we would have to give up our first as well, which would be in the top 5. Steep price but for one of the top players in the league who is only 23 and signed long term at a $8.7 mil Cap Hit. As far as where I heard it, that has been the constant speculation since the moment Pitt drafted Malkin, that they could not fit, long term, both Crosby and Malkin under the Cap with both earning $8.7mil.
Ok, so you have no source other than message board speculation. Meaning this is crap. Gotcha.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Ok, so you have no source other than message board speculation. Meaning this is crap. Gotcha.
Actually heard it in media several places. Don't really visit much the other Boards, only occasionally when I feel my wisdom and knowledge needs to feel a void. When they signed Fleury and Staal to their extensions mainly especially with Gonchar becoming a UFA at the end of the season.

Old
02-13-2010, 03:10 PM
The Old Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
I personally wouldn't. I don't think Malkin is worth all the hype. Is he great player? Absolutely. I just don't think he's in the same league as Crosby and OV.
only a year ago ..he out scored them both

Old
02-13-2010, 03:38 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
I wouldnt deal them for Malkin, but they can have our 1st rounder, even if it ends up being #1 overall, plus anyone outside of Frolik, Kully, and Markstrom.

Old
02-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Panthers607
HFBoards Sponsor

Not giving up Weiss, Horton and a 1st for Malkin?
You gotta be kidding me...

I'd do it and run!

Old
02-20-2010, 12:59 AM
Peter Griffin

I'm in one of the GM games on the Mock draft board and I've got these two deals on the table, what are your thoughts?

To Florida

Eric Fehr
1st in 2010
2nd in 2010
Cody Eakin

To Washington

Tomas Vokoun
Dennis Seidenberg

and

To Florida

Brandon Dubinsky
Matt Gilroy

To Rangers

Nathan Horton
Jordan Leopold

Old
02-20-2010, 01:39 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
I'm in one of the GM games on the Mock draft board and I've got these two deals on the table, what are your thoughts?

To Florida

Eric Fehr
1st in 2010
2nd in 2010
Cody Eakin

To Washington

Tomas Vokoun
Dennis Seidenberg

and

To Florida

Brandon Dubinsky
Matt Gilroy

To Rangers

Nathan Horton
Jordan Leopold
The first deal is realistic.

The second deal should get a Florida GM drawn and quartered.

Old
02-20-2010, 01:45 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
The first deal is realistic.

The second deal should get a Florida GM drawn and quartered.
Yea, the 2nd deal is not something I'm too fond of, I really like Dubinsky, but Horton has too much potential to move for that type of offer.

Hypothetically, if Horton were to be moved, what type of deal would Florida be seeking? From my POV it seems Florida would be best off trying to upgrade their depth at center, allowing Reino to move into a 3rd line role and if possible Weiss into a 2nd line role or at the very least get him better support on the 2nd line.

Closed Thread