HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Official Fantasy Trade Offers Thread 2

View Poll Results: Would You?
HELL YEAH! 2 4.55%
I would hink about it then say yes 1 2.27%
Would think about it then say no 5 11.36%
Where are they making this bs from? 36 81.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbransson4Prez View Post
Didn't they waive him earlier?
I see now that they did, I didn't notice that had happened. I like this. Maybe we trade some fringe prospect for him, get rid of some K's. Maybe that's why we didn't claim him, to get rid of another contract? Nothing to lose here. Wilson would make the most sense, but I can't see them shedding him, they still need to keep a competitive team around their prospects after all. Hope this happens.

Old
12-28-2010, 12:12 PM
RainingRats

NJ has to sign Parise this offseason to a new contract. Even though I think they will what would you be willing to give up to get him? I'd trade Frolik, Ellerby and our first round pick(from the Vokoun trade, ha) for Parise in a second assuming we could sign him. I think Parise is almost an elite talent and would immediately become our best player by far. Plus, Frolik and Ellerby are due a raise. One can dream.

Old
12-28-2010, 01:19 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
NJ has to sign Parise this offseason to a new contract. Even though I think they will what would you be willing to give up to get him? I'd trade Frolik, Ellerby and our first round pick(from the Vokoun trade, ha) for Parise in a second assuming we could sign him. I think Parise is almost an elite talent and would immediately become our best player by far. Plus, Frolik and Ellerby are due a raise. One can dream.
If we can have another good draft, with a Couturier or Hopkins included, I would make a run at Parise, and risk losing some draft picks in the future, meaning I would sign him to an offer sheet. With a Hopkins or Couturier, the rest of the 11 draft, our current pool of prospects and players, and Parise, we could really build a very good all around team. I think it would be worth losing some early round picks in the next couple of seasons.

Old
12-28-2010, 01:42 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
There's not much I wouldn't give up for Parise. An American hockey hero you can market, and definitely a star. No way it'll happen, but it'd be awesome.

Old
01-03-2011, 08:07 AM
homegrizown

our players being moved at the deadline

what players do you think we trade? and where do you predict them going and for what?

voukon- caps- 2nd rounder and a prospect
mccabe- san jose- 1st rounder
stillman- detroit- prospect
reasoner- blackhawks- 3rd
higgins- montreal- 3/4 rd
hordichuk- pitt- 6th

bubble guys- allen (i just don't see anyone wanting his contract)
dvorak- teams will offer but i think the panthers prob. keep him
bitz- if he returns anytime soon maybe someone throws a low pick for him
weaver- he's signed at a cheap price has played real well. he's worth keeping unless someone wants to overpay

Old
01-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrizown View Post
what players do you think we trade? and where do you predict them going and for what?

voukon- caps- 2nd rounder and a prospect
mccabe- san jose- 1st rounder
stillman- detroit- prospect
reasoner- blackhawks- 3rd
higgins- montreal- 3/4 rd
hordichuk- pitt- 6th

bubble guys- allen (i just don't see anyone wanting his contract)
dvorak- teams will offer but i think the panthers prob. keep him
bitz- if he returns anytime soon maybe someone throws a low pick for him
weaver- he's signed at a cheap price has played real well. he's worth keeping unless someone wants to overpay
Id' like to re-sign these players.

Vokoun- for a cheaper price, 1/2 years. He's easily been our best player every single year,who continues to improve his play to help this team succeed. Unless we can get some great deal in a trade,I'd like to keep him.

Reasoner- He's been nothing short of excellent and it would really benefit our youth to keep a vet like him. He gives 110% every game and it can do no harm to keep him.

Dvorak- Want to see him retire a Panther. Just like Reasoner he's been nothing short of amazing. Amazing on the PK and great Vet to have on the team, plus he's one of the fastest players on the team and makes games exciting.

Old
01-04-2011, 11:55 AM
phillyfanatic

Thomas Vokoun

Just curious what the fans in Florida believe you will get for Vokoun? As a Flyer fan, I think there will be talks between Philly and Florida - what do you think they are asking for? Thanks in advance.

Old
01-04-2011, 11:59 AM
HockeyRulez
Welcome back Lu!

first of its Tomas Vokoun, and honestly i think u guys won't be interested because u guys just waived Leighton so i guess Homer is fine with his 2 goalies and the flyers dont have enough space, plus Tallon would probably want draft picks and to make the trade happen you guys would have to send us like 3 players(Hartnell/Carle etc) and like I said I think he'll look for draft picks.

Old
01-04-2011, 12:06 PM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRulez View Post
first of its Tomas Vokoun, and honestly i think u guys won't be interested because u guys just waived Leighton so i guess Homer is fine with his 2 goalies and the flyers dont have enough space, plus Tallon would probably want draft picks and to make the trade happen you guys would have to send us like 3 players(Hartnell/Carle etc) and like I said I think he'll look for draft picks.
Sorry about spelling. Assume we are OK for money. 1.55M cleared with Leighton, 1.7M cleared when our 8th d-man in Walker comes off IR he is going down and if you trade for Vokoun you put Bob in the minors for 1.75. Not to mention we have Pronger and Laps on LTIR so players such as Gustaffson and Nodl are playing for free.

I don't think there are many teams in the market for Vokoun now that Tampa is out. Do you really think they will ask that much for a rental? I was thinking a first round pick + a prospect at most + a salary dump contract.

Old
01-04-2011, 12:21 PM
HockeyRulez
Welcome back Lu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Sorry about spelling. Assume we are OK for money. 1.55M cleared with Leighton, 1.7M cleared when our 8th d-man in Walker comes off IR he is going down and if you trade for Vokoun you put Bob in the minors for 1.75. Not to mention we have Pronger and Laps on LTIR so players such as Gustaffson and Nodl are playing for free.

I don't think there are many teams in the market for Vokoun now that Tampa is out. Do you really think they will ask that much for a rental? I was thinking a first round pick + a prospect at most + a salary dump contract.
I thought u guys lost ur 1st for Pronger, or was that last year???
Actually think they'll be a few team interested (SJ, MTL, WSH, OTT, COL)
And if you made a proposal to us what trade would u propose???

Old
01-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Shockley
FloridaPanthersBlog

vCash: 50
Quote:

Bobrovsky in the minors?.... everygame ive watched of phillys hes been really good! No way he would get sent to the minors

Old
01-04-2011, 12:29 PM
RainingRats

Quote:

1st round pick, prospect, salary dump sounds correct. As long as the salary dump ends this season.

Old
01-04-2011, 12:30 PM
HockeyRulez
Welcome back Lu!

yea i was gonna say that too. He's the reason they put Leighton to waivers because he's been playing good so why put him on waivers???? Unless Homer did that purposely and plan to put Brobrovsky in the minors and trade for a goalie? you never know

Old
01-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Erick

Bobrovsky isn't a proven #1 goalie yet, and of course, the Flyers are Cup contenders.
They'd have to at least be interested in getting a guy like Vokoun.

Fact of the matter is, Bobrovsky is still young. Recently, he's been splitting the time it seems with Brian Boucher.

In the month of December, Bobrovsky went 3-3-1 with a 3.48 GAA/.892 save%.

I'm sure they'd have no problem sending him down to develop more in the AHL, as the Flyer fan said, especially if they can get a goalie of Vokoun's caliber for the rest of the year (and maybe beyond that).

Old
01-04-2011, 02:49 PM
HockeyRulez
Welcome back Lu!

Vokoun for JVR, Carle, 2nd rd pick

Old
01-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Sports24-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
Id' like to re-sign these players.

Vokoun- for a cheaper price, 1/2 years. He's easily been our best player every single year,who continues to improve his play to help this team succeed. Unless we can get some great deal in a trade,I'd like to keep him.

Reasoner- He's been nothing short of excellent and it would really benefit our youth to keep a vet like him. He gives 110% every game and it can do no harm to keep him.

Dvorak- Want to see him retire a Panther. Just like Reasoner he's been nothing short of amazing. Amazing on the PK and great Vet to have on the team, plus he's one of the fastest players on the team and makes games exciting.
I agree on Reasoner and Dvorak, but I don't get what Vokoun's reasoning would be to sign a cheaper contract in Florida where he won't be winning any time soon. I have seen others suggest this as well, but Vokoun will get paid well somewhere because even though he's older, he's still an elite goalie.

Old
01-04-2011, 08:25 PM
sinDer

Vokoun's value is not very high. So I'd say a late 1st round pick or a 2nd + an average prospect. I'm not expecting to get an impact player for Vokoun.

Old
01-06-2011, 09:51 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRulez View Post
Vokoun for JVR, Carle, 2nd rd pick
As a Flyers fan thats quite pricey, not discounting Vokoun but...a 2nd round pick on top of that deal just seems excessive.

Old
01-07-2011, 02:00 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
As a Flyers fan thats quite pricey, not discounting Vokoun but...a 2nd round pick on top of that deal just seems excessive.
What would the Flyers want in exchange for giving up JVR?

Old
01-07-2011, 02:06 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
What would the Flyers want in exchange for giving up JVR?
I think a Vokoun for JVR could happen.

Old
01-07-2011, 02:56 PM
TimHortons
Gud Night

Quote:
Salary cap.

We'd need a non-core higher salary in return(i.e. Carle/Hartnell).

Old
01-07-2011, 02:57 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
I love Vokoun, but I'd do that. I'm not sure Philly would give up such a promising youngster for a rental though. I guess they might have to think about it though with all their depth, and Vokoun almost guaranteeing them a Cup.

Old
01-07-2011, 03:05 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortons View Post
Salary cap.

We'd need a non-core higher salary in return(i.e. Carle/Hartnell).
I left out salary dump(s)

Old
01-07-2011, 03:09 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
I left out salary dump(s)
Vokoun, Repik, plus a pick for JVR and a salary dump (anyone but Walker)?

They get a goaltending upgrade to really position them to win the Cup and Repik gives them someone on a cheap contract to replace JVR.

Old
01-07-2011, 03:35 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
Vokoun, Repik, plus a pick for JVR and a salary dump (anyone but Walker)?

They get a goaltending upgrade to really position them to win the Cup and Repik gives them someone on a cheap contract to replace JVR.
We're definitely not giving up Repik and a pick. We're rebuilding. We need to hoard picks and prospects.

Closed Thread