HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Fantasy Trade Offers Thread 2

View Poll Results: Would You?
HELL YEAH! 2 4.55%
I would hink about it then say yes 1 2.27%
Would think about it then say no 5 11.36%
Where are they making this bs from? 36 81.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Gudbranson44

vCash: 500
god i hope our scouts are working their ***** off. our pick wont be top 3, it will be a typical panthers draft with a 10-14th pick. please dale give us magic

Old
01-07-2011, 05:29 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
We're definitely not giving up Repik and a pick. We're rebuilding. We need to hoard picks and prospects.
Repik's a nice prospect, but we have Santorelli and Dadonov, both of whom have looked better than him in the NHL. I don't mind giving up a mid-round pick either considering we already have 2 2nds and 2 3rds and we're going to get even more picks by trading McCabe, Stillman, and Higgins.

We hoarded all our picks last draft and while we got some nice prospects, we missed out on Ladd, Byfuglien, and Versteeg. IMO we need to acquire some young players that can play now rather than just sit around for 3 years waiting for all our prospects to develop. Maybe I'm overvaluing JVR, but I think he'd be a nice piece to add to this team going forward.

Old
01-07-2011, 05:43 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
Repik's a nice prospect, but we have Santorelli and Dadonov, both of whom have looked better than him in the NHL. I don't mind giving up a mid-round pick either considering we already have 2 2nds and 2 3rds and we're going to get even more picks by trading McCabe, Stillman, and Higgins.

We hoarded all our picks last draft and while we got some nice prospects, we missed out on Ladd, Byfuglien, and Versteeg. IMO we need to acquire some young players that can play now rather than just sit around for 3 years waiting for all our prospects to develop. Maybe I'm overvaluing JVR, but I think he'd be a nice piece to add to this team going forward.

I don't think we would have to trade Repik and a pick to get JVR.

Old
01-07-2011, 09:22 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
I don't think we would have to trade Repik and a pick to get JVR.
Then I hope you are right and that Tallon reads this

Old
01-09-2011, 06:19 PM
homegrizown

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
god i hope our scouts are working their ***** off. our pick wont be top 3, it will be a typical panthers draft with a 10-14th pick. please dale give us magic
we'll b picking top 10 for sure. this team will start selling off the pieces in the coming weeks. which will turn into the team tanking. we could possibly get 5-8

Old
01-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Pantherfan12

Yeah, it's really depressing that we're here in Jan talking about where we're going to draft instead of playoffs. I'm tired of seeing other teams that used to be worse then we were, who are now better than we are. It baffles my mind how we could be bad for so long and still have nothing to show for it. We missed out on Crosby,Malkin,any Staal, Ovechkin,Semin,Backstrom,Nash, Toews, Kane,Stamkos, now Skinner, I Mean how can we be sooooo bad for so many years and not get a the very least ONE good player? I really do hope Gudbranson gives us some kind of hope for the future when he joins the Panthers because it seems like we're good at missing out on all the top draft picks when we have a chance. I Just don't get it. It really sucks to see teams like Tampa,who goes from winning a cup to horrible and back on top, while we have sat in the same damn position the entire time.

Last edited by Pantherfan12: 01-14-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old
01-10-2011, 10:18 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrizown View Post
we'll b picking top 10 for sure. this team will start selling off the pieces in the coming weeks. which will turn into the team tanking. we could possibly get 5-8
Yeah, 5-10th is about right. Even if we finish 9th in east, there will be some teams in the west with higher points. I would be looking at a player like Strome and Huberdeau, maybe Pumple.

Old
01-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
I think a Vokoun for JVR could happen.
No way, just like Giroux for Jay-Bo did not work out.

I would offer 1st & Boucher with Walker.

Old
01-14-2011, 01:53 PM
RainingRats

kuznetsov, Orlov, 1st round pick for Weiss

opinions? assuming a full on rebuild. If we aren't making the playoffs next season then the following year Weiss will be in his last year of his contract and definitely will want a raise or want to be on a winning team.

Old
01-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Quote:

opinions? assuming a full on rebuild. If we aren't making the playoffs next season then the following year Weiss will be in his last year of his contract and definitely will want a raise or want to be on a winning team.
Too Russian for me..

Old
01-14-2011, 02:12 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbransson4Prez View Post
Too Russian for me..
Russian players have that high end slick skill we need. kuznetsov was a stud at the WJC.

Old
01-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Russian players have that high end slick skill we need. kuznetsov was a stud at the WJC.
Not worth dealing Weiss for... Value-wise, sure it's fair.. But I wouldn't deal Weiss unless they gave us Carlson, Perrault +

Old
01-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:

We really should've gone after Versteeg and Bufuglien.. They would've helped out tremedously on offense (Well maybe big Buf on D)

Old
01-14-2011, 03:45 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
We really should've gone after Versteeg and Bufuglien.. They would've helped out tremedously on offense (Well maybe big Buf on D)
At least I can somewhat understand not going after Byfuglien since it cost a 1st round pick to get him. We should have definitely gone after Versteeg or Ladd considering how poor our center depth was at the time and how much we needed scoring.

Tallon needs to strike the right balance between planning for the future and planning for now.

Old
01-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
At least I can somewhat understand not going after Byfuglien since it cost a 1st round pick to get him. We should have definitely gone after Versteeg or Ladd considering how poor our center depth was at the time and how much we needed scoring.

Tallon needs to strike the right balance between planning for the future and planning for now.
Neither are centers

Old
01-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:

I'd do that if we swapped Orlov for a forward just breaking into NHL or something. (i'm thinking perrault or something)

Old
01-14-2011, 05:06 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Neither are centers
I knew Versteeg played wing, but I thought Ladd had played center before?

Regardless, they're both in their mid 20s and provide scoring and depth. I'd much rather have one of them than have loaded up on prospects who likely won't make any impact for 2-3 years.

Old
01-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
I knew Versteeg played wing, but I thought Ladd had played center before?

Regardless, they're both in their mid 20s and provide scoring and depth. I'd much rather have one of them than have loaded up on prospects who likely won't make any impact for 2-3 years.
I'd rather have Bjugstad and Howden then Versteeg and Ladd

Old
01-14-2011, 06:07 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
I'd rather have Bjugstad and Howden then Versteeg and Ladd
Ladd was traded for Vishnevskiy and ATL's 2nd while Versteeg was traded for some prospects. So we might not have Howden or one of our 2nds, but we'd still have Bjugstad.

As for Howden, he's a nice prospect, but both Ladd and Versteeg are on pace for career seasons. Of course, who knows if they'd have put up those numbers here, but after a decade of no playoffs I would have liked to see more players who can help right now.

Old
01-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Ziostilon

Canucks fans are claiming Marty Reasoner

i thought the Panthers were making a push for a playoff spot. Do you guys still need him?

are Canucks fans dreaming yet again

Old
01-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziostilon View Post
Canucks fans are claiming Marty Reasoner

i thought the Panthers were making a push for a playoff spot. Do you guys still need him?

are Canucks fans dreaming yet again
I'd say dreaming again...he's been really good this season and seems to have helped some of the younger players develop too which is valuable to a rebuilding team.

Old
01-23-2011, 11:08 AM
PanthersAllDay1225
MORDE-KULI

Vokoun + Mccabe to San Jose for Niemi + Setoguchi+ a first? their first is probably gonna be later on in the round anyway

Old
01-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersAllDay1225 View Post
Vokoun + Mccabe to San Jose for Niemi + Setoguchi+ a first? their first is probably gonna be later on in the round anyway
i see seto as a cheechoo 2.0. i dont want him

Old
01-23-2011, 02:44 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
i see seto as a cheechoo 2.0. i dont want him
Well injuries ruined Cheechoo.
Seto won't put up the numbers he did in SJ but he does have a good shot, something most our forwads lack. I would do that deal.

Old
01-24-2011, 04:11 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Flyers would be interested in one of:

Dvorak
Higgins
Reasoner

What is the likelyhood of these guys being dealt and at what price?

Closed Thread