HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Fantasy Trade Offers Thread 2

View Poll Results: Would You?
HELL YEAH! 2 4.55%
I would hink about it then say yes 1 2.27%
Would think about it then say no 5 11.36%
Where are they making this bs from? 36 81.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 500
Don't see Weiss being dealt...

Old
06-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I could see Tallon move Guds+3rd rd pick(Maybe 2nd rd pick) for Stastny if he drafts Larsson at #3!
Value wise it could be close, but Avs won't deal Staz only for prospects, no matter how good they are.

Old
06-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbransson4Prez View Post
Don't see Weiss being dealt...
Well in my opinion you would get an uprade over weiss in Staz, and it seems that Bjugstad is the real deal. And on the plus side Staz has an longterm contract. People seem to forget that he carried the Avs to their last two playoff appearances without much help.

Old
06-13-2011, 12:50 PM
MickOlax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I think that the trade that would make most sense for both teams to make would look something like this:

Stastny + #11 + Liles for #3 + Weiss + #33 or Petrovic or Vokoun rights
You know, I think I'd do that. Though since you said you'd prefer Weiss over Booth, would a deal of Stastny for Weiss+33rd+a prospect be closer? Just asking since I think switching those picks just make the deal more complicated and those kind of trades just rarely happen in the NHL IMO.

Maybe Stastny+Liles for Weiss+33rd+Petrovic+Repik. Would that be fair?

-L-

Old
06-14-2011, 06:11 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickOlax View Post
You know, I think I'd do that. Though since you said you'd prefer Weiss over Booth, would a deal of Stastny for Weiss+33rd+a prospect be closer? Just asking since I think switching those picks just make the deal more complicated and those kind of trades just rarely happen in the NHL IMO.

Maybe Stastny+Liles for Weiss+33rd+Petrovic+Repik. Would that be fair?

-L-
The reason i believe that Avs could be interested more in Weiss than Booth is that Booth has concussion issues, and Avs have enough of that with Mueller. Value wise it's close, but to me it seems that Avs wouldn't take this. The only way that Staz ends up with you guys in my mind, is if that 3rd overall or Gudbranson are a part of the deal, and then you add some sweeteners on top of that, more for 3rd less for Gudbranson.

I think that realisticly this could be a scenario:

Staz + 2012 3rd rounder or mid level prospect for 3rd + 33rd + Petrovic or Howden (don't know how high is Howden on your guys list, so excuse me if this is far fetched) - in this deal FLA gets a proven NHL player while Avs take a gamble with #rd overall

or

Staz for Gudbranson + Howden

Old
06-14-2011, 06:32 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
The reason i believe that Avs could be interested more in Weiss than Booth is that Booth has concussion issues, and Avs have enough of that with Mueller. Value wise it's close, but to me it seems that Avs wouldn't take this. The only way that Staz ends up with you guys in my mind, is if that 3rd overall or Gudbranson are a part of the deal, and then you add some sweeteners on top of that, more for 3rd less for Gudbranson.

Staz + 2012 3rd rounder or mid level prospect for 3rd + 33rd + Petrovic or Howden (don't know how high is Howden on your guys list, so excuse me if this is far fetched) - in this deal FLA gets a proven NHL player while Avs take a gamble with #rd overall

or

If anybody would do Guds and Howden for Stastny...

Old
06-14-2011, 09:55 AM
MickOlax

Quote:

or

Howden is pretty high on our list. He was a first round pick and had a very good season and played really well in the WJC which is why, like Gudbransson4Prez just said, that last deal of yours probably won't be accepted by the Panthers. Also, Howden is clearly more valuable than Petrovic at least IMO. Other then that, your first deal could actually work with Petrovic that is. That would actually make us a lot better since we don't lose Booth or Weiss. Of course we lose a valuable asset in the 3rd overall pick but Stastny is a young and proven 1st line center and totally makes up for the loss.

I don't know about the others but at least I would take this deal.

-L-

Old
06-14-2011, 11:16 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Howden is pretty high on our list. He was a first round pick and had a very good season and played really well in the WJC which is why, like Gudbransson4Prez just said, that last deal of yours probably won't be accepted by the Panthers. Also, Howden is clearly more valuable than Petrovic at least IMO. Other then that, your first deal could actually work with Petrovic that is. That would actually make us a lot better since we don't lose Booth or Weiss. Of course we lose a valuable asset in the 3rd overall pick but Stastny is a young and proven 1st line center and totally makes up for the loss.

I don't know about the others but at least I would take this deal.

-L-

Unless Tallon wants to tank again, he would be a fool not to take a deal like that.

Old
06-14-2011, 11:41 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Quote:

or

No chance. Rather keep our assets and build from there. Not gonna trade Gudbranson or the 3rd overall.

Old
06-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
No chance. Rather keep our assets and build from there. Not gonna trade Gudbranson or the 3rd overall.
I can understand that. I just wanted to see what would you deal for Staz. I hope I didn't offend anyone, and I want to say that it's been a plesure disscusing this with you guys. In may mind you're one of better fanbases on HF Boards.

Old
06-14-2011, 12:16 PM
MickOlax

Quote:
I can understand that. I just wanted to see what would you deal for Staz. I hope I didn't offend anyone, and I want to say that it's been a plesure disscusing this with you guys. In may mind you're one of better fanbases on HF Boards.
I'm pretty sure you didn't offend anyone here and I personally found your proposals very good actually. It seems like a very rare thing around these boards.

And thanks for the compliment. I've never had anything bad to say about the Avs fans at HF and your classy behaviour here certainly helped maintaining it that way. It was a pleasure discussing with you too and I wish all the best for you guys in the future.

-L-

Old
06-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you didn't offend anyone here and I personally found your proposals very good actually. It seems like a very rare thing around these boards.

And thanks for the compliment. I've never had anything bad to say about the Avs fans at HF and your classy behaviour here certainly helped maintaining it that way. It was a pleasure discussing with you too and I wish all the best for you guys in the future.

-L-
Thanks mate. I'm hoping for our 95/96 Stanley Cup rematch in the near future.

Old
06-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Thanks mate. I'm hoping for our 95/96 Stanley Cup rematch in the near future.
Maybe we get 4 wins next time...

Old
06-16-2011, 02:32 AM
GCM
Stork

How untouchable is David Booth?

As a Canucks fan looking for a big frame winger to score on Kesler's wing, do you think the Canucks could land him?

Our franchises have a relationship for sure, but it's pretty clear that Booth is a good player and young and currently part of Florida's core.

That said, would Florida consider moving him at all for an overpayment or is it just out of the question completely?

If so, who on the Canucks would you be interested in?

Old
06-16-2011, 02:35 AM
Catsfan7

Probably Kesler, he's one of the faces of the franchise, I wouldn't expect you guys to be able to squeeze him out of us.

BTW, sorry.

Old
06-16-2011, 02:38 AM
GCM
Stork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsfan7 View Post
Probably Kesler, he's one of the faces of the franchise, I wouldn't expect you guys to be able to squeeze him out of us.

BTW, sorry.
Damn.

I don't think we'd trade any of our top 6 to get him cause then the move is lateral at best.

Maybe if you need a defenseman a top defenseman could be traded to you guys for Booth but Hamhuis is not being traded and Bieksa and Ehrhoff need to be re-signed.

=/

Looks like we're bad trading partners for the first time in a while, lol.

And don't worry about it. It happens. Losing builds character. Plus it's hard to be upset about this season:

Northwest Division Champions, President's Trophy Winners, Art Ross Trophy Winner, William M. Jennings Trophy Winner, Hart Trophy Nominee, Ted Lindsay Nominee, Jack Adams Nominee, Frank J. Selke Nominee, Foundation Player Award Nominee, Western Conference Champions.

Old
06-16-2011, 05:13 AM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCM View Post
Damn.

I don't think we'd trade any of our top 6 to get him cause then the move is lateral at best.
We already lack offense so trading away our top goal scorer for anything less than a top 6 player won't happen.

Old
06-16-2011, 09:26 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCM View Post
As a Canucks fan looking for a big frame winger to score on Kesler's wing, do you think the Canucks could land him?

Our franchises have a relationship for sure, but it's pretty clear that Booth is a good player and young and currently part of Florida's core.

That said, would Florida consider moving him at all for an overpayment or is it just out of the question completely?

If so, who on the Canucks would you be interested in?
Hodgson interest me a lot. Hodgson and your 2012 1st?

Old
06-18-2011, 11:32 PM
BestWestern

Moving the 3rd Pick

Oilers fan here.

If i am correct Dale Tallon is looking to acquire more draft picks, and Steve Tambellini is attempting to secure another top 5 pick

To Edmonton
3rd Overall

To Florida
19th Overall
31st Overall
62nd Overall
74th Overall
2nd next year
3rd next year

a little odd i know (tambellini=mike ditka, Larsson=Ricky Williams?)

but thoughts ?

Old
06-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Tallon isn't interested in moving the 3rd for a bunch of later picks. He'll most likely stay at #3 and he has said that he has a guy in mind for that pick. He has lots of other ways of acquiring more picks that will probably come on the second day.

Old
06-19-2011, 05:44 AM
ShootIt

Forget all those picks, if he is moving the 3rd and not getting another high pick back, start with MPS

Old
06-19-2011, 06:50 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

We DON'T need quantity, we got great depth in our prospect-pool. We NEED quality, so we aren't moving the 3rd overall.

He will add more picks by trading UFA rights etc.

Old
06-19-2011, 09:46 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
We DON'T need quantity, we got great depth in our prospect-pool. We NEED quality, so we aren't moving the 3rd overall.

He will add more picks by trading UFA rights etc.
I don't think we can get quality by trading UFA rights.

I think like you said, quality over quantity but the two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

I would like to see him trade up from the second round to the late first if a player is dropping, i.e. Rocco.

Old
06-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Hello Pantherz fans!!!1! I don't know a whole lot aboot your team, but I want to offer you a great trade. I hear Boimeastur wants to play in his back yeard.

Penner, Stortini, Nilsson and a 2nd in 2009, 4th in 2010 and 5th in 2041

for

Boimeastur, Huorton, 1st in 2009

WhAt doouz you sayez?
the above quote is from the first page of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestWestern View Post
Oilers fan here.

If i am correct Dale Tallon is looking to acquire more draft picks, and Steve Tambellini is attempting to secure another top 5 pick

To Edmonton
3rd Overall

To Florida
19th Overall
31st Overall
62nd Overall
74th Overall
2nd next year
3rd next year

a little odd i know (tambellini=mike ditka, Larsson=Ricky Williams?)

but thoughts ?

Old
06-21-2011, 01:32 PM
dbhislife

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
the above quote is from the first page of this thread.

Well at least we know his english has improved over the last few years

Closed Thread