HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Fantasy Trade Offers Thread 2

View Poll Results: Would You?
HELL YEAH! 2 4.55%
I would hink about it then say yes 1 2.27%
Would think about it then say no 5 11.36%
Where are they making this bs from? 36 81.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

vCash: 500
Been thinking today......and not sure if I would even do this trade if I was the GM of the Panthers but I would give it some serious thought.

Taking into account that Guds has not yet signed a contract with us and that Stamkos has yet to sign in Tampa(Cap issues?). What do you think of this trade? I think it helps both Florida & Tampa. Tampa frees up money to sign Stamkos, gets one of the best prospect defenseman out there and a 2nd line center who proved he can put up points last year. Florida gets to finally have a 1st line center and move Weiss to the 2nd line. Santorelli wouldn't be needed if we had Lecavalier. Thoughts?

To Florida:
Lecavalier - C

To Tampa:
Gudbranson - D
Santorelli - C (RFA Rights)

Old
07-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Been thinking today......and not sure if I would even do this trade if I was the GM of the Panthers but I would give it some serious thought.

Taking into account that Guds has not yet signed a contract with us and that Stamkos has yet to sign in Tampa(Cap issues?). What do you think of this trade? I think it helps both Florida & Tampa. Tampa frees up money to sign Stamkos, gets one of the best prospect defenseman out there and a 2nd line center who proved he can put up points last year. Florida gets to finally have a 1st line center and move Weiss to the 2nd line. Santorelli wouldn't be needed if we had Lecavalier. Thoughts?

To Florida:
Lecavalier - C

To Tampa:
Gudbranson - D
Nah, Vinny's at the end of his career, and Guds will sign.

07-04-2011, 02:36 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Quote:

To Florida:
Lecavalier - C

To Tampa:
Gudbranson - D
No chance. Vinny is old and his career is going one way...

Old
07-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Nah, Vinny's at the end of his career, and Guds will sign.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
No chance. Vinny is old and his career is going one way...
K, like I said I didn't know if I would do it either but I would give it some thought. And of course this would only cross my mind if Guds won't sign(Which I'm hoping he does soon).

What about the same offer +maybe a pick for Stastny? Still solves our 1st line center issue and Stastny is 5yrs younger and just entering his prime.

To Florida:
Stastny - C

To Colorado:
Gudbranson - D
4th rd pick in 2012 or 3rd rd pick in 2014

Old
07-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Guds isn't getting moved, buddy.

Old
07-04-2011, 07:28 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 50
Quote:
K, like I said I didn't know if I would do it either but I would give it some thought. And of course this would only cross my mind if Guds won't sign(Which I'm hoping he does soon).

What about the same offer +maybe a pick for Stastny? Still solves our 1st line center issue and Stastny is 5yrs younger and just entering his prime.

To Florida:
Stastny - C

To Colorado:
Gudbranson - D
4th rd pick in 2012 or 3rd rd pick in 2014
We drafted a couple of potential 1st line centers and Guds will sign. Suggesting any trade involving him probably won't be too popular.

Old
07-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Guds isn't getting moved, buddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
We drafted a couple of potential 1st line centers and Guds will sign. Suggesting any trade involving him probably won't be too popular.
And I don't want him to get moved. The scenario I stated was if he doesn't sign. Tallon won't just not sign him and not do anything with him and let him re-enter the draft. I kinda think in that scenario Tallon trades him for something.

So, in the scenario Guds doesn't sign is the Stastny trade a fair one for us? That's what I'm trying to gauge here.

Old
07-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
And I don't want him to get moved. The scenario I stated was if he doesn't sign. Tallon won't just not sign him and not do anything with him and let him re-enter the draft. I kinda think in that scenario Tallon trades him for something.

So, in the scenario Guds doesn't sign is the Stastny trade a fair one for us? That's what I'm trying to gauge here.
I don't know, he'd be an unsigned prospect, and Santo would be unsigned as well. That generally doesn't have much value. It's actually one of the hugely forgotten things in the Luongo trade, he was an unsigned RFA, it affects value.

Old
07-04-2011, 07:45 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:

I'm sorry I just don't see him NOT signing, so I'm not willing to speculate on a trade.

Old
07-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
I don't know, he'd be an unsigned prospect, and Santo would be unsigned as well. That generally doesn't have much value. It's actually one of the hugely forgotten things in the Luongo trade, he was an unsigned RFA, it affects value.
Thanks anyways. Didn't think it was enough. Just looking for a dream scenario where we come out with a #1 center.

Read on Spector's that GR reported the Panthers weren't done after signing all those guys and trading for Versteeg. So either another signing is coming or another trade is coming? I don't think there is anyone else worth signing in FA so it's likely a trade. Weiss has a NTC and Tallon isn't going to trade away anyone he just aqcuired. That leaves Clemmer, Booth, Rhino, Dadonov and any prospects not on the team. Out of that group Booth has the most value but I really hope Booth isn't being shopped as I read on the main trade boards somewhere this past week but didn't think anything of it since the guy had no source. Then I read the GR thing on Spectors!

Old
07-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
I'm sorry I just don't see him NOT signing, so I'm not willing to speculate on a trade.
You don't have to speculate if you don't want to. That's why I'm glad our boards are so diverse.

Reason I'm speculating is because GR reported the Panthers weren't done adding to the team. Speculating on Guds because he hasn't signed yet and I just don't want to lose another Dman for nothing like we did with Bo. And because if we are going to move someone to add a 1st line center(What I'm hoping Tallon is looking at adding) we have to give up a big peice and I'd rather it not be Booth if possible.

Old
07-04-2011, 09:59 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
You don't have to speculate if you don't want to. That's why I'm glad our boards are so diverse.

Reason I'm speculating is because GR reported the Panthers weren't done adding to the team. Speculating on Guds because he hasn't signed yet and I just don't want to lose another Dman for nothing like we did with Bo. And because if we are going to move someone to add a 1st line center(What I'm hoping Tallon is looking at adding) we have to give up a big peice and I'd rather it not be Booth if possible.
But wasn't that before the Matt Bradley signing was announced? I could be wrong.

Old
07-05-2011, 05:49 AM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
But wasn't that before the Matt Bradley signing was announced? I could be wrong.
It was basically on the same day but because Bradley wasnt mentioned in the original report, I believe you're correct. They still might not be done but I dont see them being able to add any big pieces.

Also dont understand how people are saying Vinny is old when he's 31...same age as Brad Richards who just signed a deal that takes him to the same season as Vinny's deal (2019-2020). I can understand if people are saying he's not playing up to his contract or the injuries are taking a toll on him but seems hypocritical to call him "old". The guy did put up 19 pts in 18 playoff games so I'm having a hard time seeing where he's at the end of his career. I'm not saying I'd do the deal suggested or that I want that contract but just pointing out the fallacy of that argument.

Old
07-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Something around Santorelli for Ladd? We're for some reason having a hard time signing Santorelli, and Winnipeg is struggling to sign Ladd. We'd have to add, but Ladd is a Tallon guy and is a solid player. Ladd as #1 and Weiss #2?

Old
07-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Something around Santorelli for Ladd? We're for some reason having a hard time signing Santorelli, and Winnipeg is struggling to sign Ladd. We'd have to add, but Ladd is a Tallon guy and is a solid player. Ladd as #1 and Weiss #2?
Ladd plays the wing. I don't think we are in a position to trade a C for a W right now. That's FORCE Matthias into the 2nd line center role.

Old
07-05-2011, 08:45 AM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Ladd plays the wing. I don't think we are in a position to trade a C for a W right now. That's FORCE Matthias into the 2nd line center role.
Bah, never mind. For some reason I thought he was a center.

Old
07-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

He who shall not be named is flinging all sorts of **** at the wall with regards to a trade of Stamkos. The latest thing is that is "The Lightning will get a King's ransom..but it starts with a D-man...they want a stud Dman."

Got me wondering if it would be feasible to put something together with Stamkos as a centerpiece coming our way for a package revolving around either Guds or Kuli. Both young defensemen and potential studs.

Old
07-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

They're not gonna king's ransom, imo.

If there was a way to bring in Parise, then I'd be A-OK with signing Stamkos to some crazy offer. But, it ain't happenin.

Old
07-06-2011, 05:56 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
He who shall not be named is flinging all sorts of **** at the wall with regards to a trade of Stamkos. The latest thing is that is "The Lightning will get a King's ransom..but it starts with a D-man...they want a stud Dman."

Got me wondering if it would be feasible to put something together with Stamkos as a centerpiece coming our way for a package revolving around either Guds or Kuli. Both young defensemen and potential studs.
OK, first of all Eklund is the 'National Enquirer" of hockey.
Secondly, there is no way we would put our future in jeopardy trading away our top prospects for a forward "superstar" at this point. A move like that would be contrary to what we are trying to accomplish by building through the draft. We have a plan and we need to stick with it. Forget Stamkos, we have Bjugstad, Huberdeau, Howden, Hyman, and Grimaldi coming just of the top of my head. That's a lot of scoring talent in our system.
I would be sad to guys like Guds, Kuli and Petrovic traded. Actually, it would piss me off.
We need to stay the course, even though it will be 2-3 years before a lot of these guys make it to the bigs.

Old
07-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Secondly, there is no way we would put our future in jeopardy trading away our top prospects for a forward "superstar" at this point. A move like that would be contrary to what we are trying to accomplish by building through the draft. We have a plan and we need to stick with it. Forget Stamkos, we have Bjugstad, Huberdeau, Howden, Hyman, and Grimaldi coming just of the top of my head. That's a lot of scoring talent in our system.
I would be sad to guys like Guds, Kuli and Petrovic traded. Actually, it would piss me off.
We need to stay the course, even though it will be 2-3 years before a lot of these guys make it to the bigs.
I don't disagree with you. Just pipe dreaming a bit ..

Speaking of which, Washington just signed Brouwer which puts them about $2M over the cap. All the speculation seems to lead toward the Caps trading Semin. Wonder if we have enough prospects/picks to put something together to add him. Again, likely a pipe dream, but interesting anyway.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:17 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
I don't disagree with you. Just pipe dreaming a bit ..

Speaking of which, Washington just signed Brouwer which puts them about $2M over the cap. All the speculation seems to lead toward the Caps trading Semin. Wonder if we have enough prospects/picks to put something together to add him. Again, likely a pipe dream, but interesting anyway.
I don't think Semin really fits our team right now. The caps will be able to shed that 2 mill by making a couple moves pretty easily. Holtby's contract is probably in that cap hit and they won't be carrying three goalies.

Old
07-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Sports24-7

Quote:
Not that I think it has any chance of happening, but I don't see how it would be contrary to what the Panthers are trying to accomplish. The Panthers are trying to build through the draft, yes, but you don't get many chances to land a superstar like Stamkos at his age. The likelihood that any of the Panthers prospects get to be nearly as good as Stamkos is not very high and outside of Huberdeau, probably impossible. We're talking about a 21 year old that in his brief career has already scored 51 and 45 goals in his last two seasons to go along with 95 and 91 points.

If he were 28 years old that might be a different story and I'd agree you don't want to give up your future for one great player in his prime, but Stamkos would be the future. You can afford to give up Guds or Kulikov plus another solid prospect or two for that kind of talent at that age.

Old
07-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Montsy14

With Stamkos signed, there's speculation that Ryan Malone might be on his way out of Tampa Bay. Not saying we need another $4.5 mill winger, but what about something like Matthias + a pick, or Matthias + prospect for Malone?

People might say Malone is more valuable than that, but Tampa needs to shed cap space now and that could make him available for less.

Old
07-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
With Stamkos signed, there's speculation that Ryan Malone might be on his way out of Tampa Bay. Not saying we need another $4.5 mill winger, but what about something like Matthias + a pick, or Matthias + prospect for Malone?

People might say Malone is more valuable than that, but Tampa needs to shed cap space now and that could make him available for less.
Don't need Malone we have enough wingers. We need centers and Matthias alone would easily fetch Malone with his salary. Don't give up on Matthias it will be a mistake

Old
07-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

I don't think there's any way we're taking on that much salary.

Closed Thread