HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Fantasy Trade Offers Thread 2

View Poll Results: Would You?
HELL YEAH! 2 4.55%
I would hink about it then say yes 1 2.27%
Would think about it then say no 5 11.36%
Where are they making this bs from? 36 81.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2011, 03:34 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
No Malone... thx

Old
09-13-2011, 03:47 PM
panthersarecool
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Panthers possible trade

To New York
Weiss

To Florida
Callahan
Biron

Old
09-13-2011, 03:50 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
The Rangers just named Callahan their captain...yesterday.

That's disregarding the fact that this doesn't even make any sense for NY, and I don't think it makes much sense for FLA.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
09-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Ibtm

Old
11-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

With Columbus doing as poorly as they are, I wonder if it's worth it to see if they'd even remotely consider trading Nash. I know they need at least a backup tender (not positive on their other needs) and I know the '12 draft is supposed to be really good..

Something along the lines of:

To Columbus:
Clemmer, Ellerby, Repik or Dadonov, 1st round

To Florida:
Nash, 3rd round

Old
11-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Montsy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
With Columbus doing as poorly as they are, I wonder if it's worth it to see if they'd even remotely consider trading Nash. I know they need at least a backup tender (not positive on their other needs) and I know the '12 draft is supposed to be really good..

Something along the lines of:

To Columbus:
Clemmer, Ellerby, Repik or Dadonov, 1st round

To Florida:
Nash, 3rd round

This isn't happening unless we give up a good roster player and a high-end prospect. It would have to be something closer to Versteeg + Howden +1st in my opinion.

Old
11-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
This isn't happening unless we give up a good roster player and a high-end prospect. It would have to be something closer to Versteeg + Howden +1st in my opinion.
You're likely right. You do have to give to get. Versteeg would be a non-starter IMO. I was trying to look based on what I saw as CBus's needs and it just doesn't really add up well.

Old
11-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

It would have to be something like Ellerby, Howden and Shore

Old
11-23-2011, 09:50 AM
SouthFLFan79

Looking ahead, very early of course, if we are in the race at the deadline what could we be looking for?

We have goalie depth in the AHL with Markstrom, so that is not an issue. We have alot of second grouping defensemen sitting in the AHL and currently about the team.

Any ideas of what we might look at add to the team if we can make a run of breaking our decade of being lost from the playoffs?

Old
11-23-2011, 09:58 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFLFan79 View Post
Looking ahead, very early of course, if we are in the race at the deadline what could we be looking for?

We have goalie depth in the AHL with Markstrom, so that is not an issue. We have alot of second grouping defensemen sitting in the AHL and currently about the team.

Any ideas of what we might look at add to the team if we can make a run of breaking our decade of being lost from the playoffs?
I would think that if we are in the top eight come the deadline, then Tallon could maybe use that 1st round pick to get us some more scoring up front. With all the new players that he signed, aside from Steeg, Flash, and Kopecky, who would be worth something in a trade, considering the contracts? Could we use the 1st and Upshall+ in a deal, maybe, but I still would like to see what Upshall can do for us. We know Huberdeau, Guds, Jugs, Howden, and Markie are untouchables, but do we really want to use some of our other top prospects? If its for an established goal scorer, who wouldnt be a rental, then its something we have to consider.

Old
12-19-2011, 03:43 AM
tuckrr

Flyers fan here...

Hey all,
I was wondering what the value of
Nick Bjugstad
and
Rocco Grimaldi

would be.

Also, who on our roster is of interest to you guys? (Carle or Meszaros??)

Old
12-19-2011, 05:46 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Panthers aren't going to trade either of those center prospects for a dman unless somebody offers something stupid. Bjugstad is lighting it up in college and is a big strong centerman that Tallon loves. And Grimaldi while small is all character which Tallon loves. I don't think they aren't going anywhere for Carle or Meszaros because right now we are pretty set on d and very light on centers. And this thread will probably be moved to the fantasy trade sticky.

Old
12-19-2011, 06:15 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
Hey all,
I was wondering what the value of
Nick Bjugstad
and
Rocco Grimaldi

would be.

Also, who on our roster is of interest to you guys? (Carle or Meszaros??)
If you're inquiring about Bjugstad, then you better be talking one of Couturier or Schenn. Oh dont like that suggestion? Guess what, we dont want to trade Bjugstad so thats the only way you get him.

Grimaldi has some talent but hard to judge right now since he's injured. So its still to early to really gauge his value. Only other guys on the Flyer's roster that would interest me are Matt Read and Braydon Coburn. Again, dont like those suggestions also, oh well cause we're not just gonna give up a top prospect for guys like Carle or Meszaros (we have zero interest in either).

And yes there's a fantasy trade offers sticky that this should belong in too.

Old
12-19-2011, 06:46 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Bjugstad is not for sale.

Old
12-19-2011, 07:24 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
carle and meszaros is this a joke?

Old
12-28-2011, 03:27 AM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

Shawn Matthias seems to be having a great season, is he part of your core, and what role/potential do you see him developing into on this team?

Old
12-28-2011, 03:39 PM
dkollidas

Derek Roy or Drew Stafford to Florida

Just wondering if you guys think your team would be interested in one of these two. Figure maybe by the deadline you'll want to boost the scoring, especially with the playoffs looking likely and maybe wanting to make a run. Roy could easily center the 2nd line, and Stafford adds size. Maybe a package with Bjugstad? Sabres need young centermen.

Thanks.

Old
12-28-2011, 03:52 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
Just wondering if you guys think your team would be interested in one of these two. Figure maybe by the deadline you'll want to boost the scoring, especially with the playoffs looking likely and maybe wanting to make a run. Roy could easily center the 2nd line, and Stafford adds size. Maybe a package with Bjugstad? Sabres need young centermen.

Thanks.
1. There is a fantasy trade thread already for these kind of things.

2. Bjugstad is not available.

I wouldnt mind Roy, but I would NOT be comfortable with Weiss and Roy, two centers under 6 feet, centering our top two lines. Stafford I wouldnt mind, but if you even think about mentioning Bjugstad, then dont even bother replying.

Old
01-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Georgia Panther

Florida Panthers Get Their Scoring Line Center

Getzlaf for Nick Bjugstad, Quinton Howden and First Round Draft Choice. Remember, Getzlaf is only 26. Imagine him paired with Huberdeau next season.

Old
01-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Getzlaf for Nick Bjugstad, Quinton Howden and First Round Draft Choice. Remember, Getzlaf is only 26. Imagine him paired with Huberdeau next season.
That's tempting only because Getzlaf is a known quantity. My only problem with that is he is a UFA after next year. I think that'd be far too much to give up without the guarantee of resigning him.

Old
01-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Getzlaf is one of my favorite players in the League, we're not going to give that up for him. Would love to have him, Tallon's not going to sacrifice those guys and a first.

01-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
That's tempting only because Getzlaf is a known quantity. My only problem with that is he is a UFA after next year. I think that'd be far too much to give up without the guarantee of resigning him.
Yeah, a year and a half of Getzlaf isn't worth it. If only he had a longer contract....

Old
01-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Holy Jokinen

Getzlaf for 3 first rounders? Nah. Plus, we'd almost have to send a forward back the other way.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Laus723
Future Now

I'd love to see Nitty as our backup. No idea who'd take Clemmer, or what it would take to get him, but I've always liked Nitty.

Old
01-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Yeah, a year and a half of Getzlaf isn't worth it. If only he had a longer contract....
In case you haven't noticed it, Florida has now become a destination of choice among free agents. Santos said this past July they signed every free agent they targeted except one. Of course they overpaid but our Cap is still in great shape and they have more than enough room for a max contract. We'll have plenty of money once again to spend in free agency next summer but no UFA center to spend it on. Parise is worth the money but he is a LW and Huberdeau has that spot locked up next year. Tallon said this Summer was about signing quanity. Next year will be about quality like when Tallon went after Hossa and Campbell in Chicago. I have no doubt if Getzlaf was acquired he would eventually sign a contract with Florida.

Closed Thread