HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Fantasy Trade Offers Thread 2

View Poll Results: Would You?
HELL YEAH! 2 4.55%
I would hink about it then say yes 1 2.27%
Would think about it then say no 5 11.36%
Where are they making this bs from? 36 81.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Nate still floats like a bobber, especially mid-season, and I'm sure he's still an ass. Love Campbell as much as ever, and we still aren't sure how the others will look. Jugs is still young and growing, plus Wideman came in that deal.

I friggin hate Horton, and he wanted to leave. Still fine with the deal, and it took Campbell to make it happen. I'm proud of his efforts in Boston.

06-08-2013, 02:32 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

yup.

Love Soupy, hate Nate. Even putting my personals aside, wouldnt make the trade.

Old
06-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Would You? ( if you dont know why Im asking, think about it)
Nope. I want someone who wants to play here. I like Gregory, but I still wouldn't do it.

Old
06-08-2013, 02:37 PM
gudzilla

horton would have won us game 7 OT last year

Old
06-08-2013, 02:51 PM
AaronEkbald

This team needs a guy like Campbell in its core group.

Maybe we have a "Campbell" waiting in the minors. If anyone has seen Rau play, then you know he fits the bill. Rau is all effort, all hustle and all heart. Plus that kid has some underrated skill and ability to score big goals at every level he's played. Rau's size is the only question mark, imo.

As for Horton, he said he doesn't want to be here.

Old
06-08-2013, 02:58 PM
angry_treefrog
#CatsAreComing

No way.

Every time I notice Horton along the boards, it always seems it's the other player who ends up with the puck.

He has a great shot but takes too long to unleash it.

A guy with great tools and a lousy toolbox.

He's in a perfect situation for him in Boston - he should stay there.

If someone else offers him $6M a year in UFA they will regret it. If Boston pays him his current rate of ~ 4.5M a year he'll be worth that.

A disgrace that in the best draft in recent memory, the Panthers had two picks, including first overall, and ended up with Nathan Horton & Anthony Stewart.

Campbell has great heart and is great in a limited minutes - fourth line role.

Honestly I miss Seidenberg more than both of them put together.

Old
06-08-2013, 03:10 PM
zeroG

vCash: 540
yup - he's clearly a bad egg, unable to fit in with a team of hard working, gritty players. his teammates all hate him i love you all but your analysis is more than a little biased. he and campbell are playing for a 2nd cup in the 3 years since they've left. what has weiss's loyalty got him? 3 lost years, including a lousy/injured contract year and still no C on his sweater. if he had to make that choice again, think he'd still stay? i doubt it. horton had a chance to get out of a bad situation and took it. every one of you would've done the same.

oh, and horton is currently 2nd in scoring with 17 in 16 games. i'll take that lousy toolbox any day.

Old
06-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Tuco

Yup, Horton and Campbell are doing great. They should stay where they are. Why would they want to come back?

Old
06-08-2013, 04:10 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreComing

I would love to have Campbell back. After watching him the playoffs this year, he'd be the perfect bottom 6 guy to have. The guy plays with so much effort and heart. I doubt he wants to leave the Bruins though.

I have no interest at all in Horton coming back down here. He doesn't want to be here either. He left on bad enough terms and would only disrupt the culture that Tallon is trying build for years to come. His floating off for ten games and playing like a superstar drove me nuts. He has a great shot but it's not enough to really want someone like him back with the team.

Old
06-08-2013, 04:28 PM
angry_treefrog
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
yup - he's clearly a bad egg, unable to fit in with a team of hard working, gritty players. his teammates all hate him i love you all but your analysis is more than a little biased. he and campbell are playing for a 2nd cup in the 3 years since they've left. what has weiss's loyalty got him? 3 lost years, including a lousy/injured contract year and still no C on his sweater. if he had to make that choice again, think he'd still stay? i doubt it. horton had a chance to get out of a bad situation and took it. every one of you would've done the same.

oh, and horton is currently 2nd in scoring with 17 in 16 games. i'll take that lousy toolbox any day.
Like I said, Horton's in the perfect situation.

He's not a guy who can create, but he can produce in the right situation. He's in the right situation now... he made the right choice... and he should stay where he is. I'm glad he's been productive in this playoffs . He's had 7 goals so far... almost as many as Bergenheim had for the Lightning in the postseason a couple of years ago.

Weiss made the right choice for him - he loves his golf - and he wouldn't fit in on that Boston team.

As an aside, I really get the impression that you think I resent Horton for leaving. I really don't. As you said (and as I've said) he made the right decision... and the Panthers made the right decision to move him (we disagree here). I don't resent Horton at all... the same way I don't resent Anthony Stewart.

I resent the team that wasted a historic opportunity in that draft with two very sub-optimal picks. We can argue about how much the team damaged them in their development process, but neither player lived up to their draft status.

Old
06-08-2013, 04:35 PM
angry_treefrog
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
yup - he's clearly a bad egg, unable to fit in with a team of hard working, gritty players. his teammates all hate him
... and when did I ever say that...

1. he's a bad egg (I said he's a bust as the player the Panthers used the #1 overall pick in the best draft in recent memory - not a bad egg)

2. I never said he couldn't fit in with a bunch of hard working guys. I just don't think he's one of them.

3. His teammates just hate him because they have wife envy. I'm kidding. I'm sure they love him. He seems like the frat boy type who isn't interested in being alpha dog. I doubt he'd make waves.

Old
06-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.

Quote:

Well since you put it that way... I still don't want Horton back. Boom.

Old
06-08-2013, 05:07 PM
PanthersHockey1
The Ring of Fire

I like sean bergenheim more than greg campbell and i cant stand nathan horton. Why would we trade a physical scoring front of the net put back rebound center that bjugstad will become kind of player?

No way!

Old
06-08-2013, 05:21 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

I'll take em back, I miss em like hell.

Old
06-08-2013, 05:22 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

Nope. Horton has proven to be an integral part of the Bruins playoff success and Campbell is part of the best 4th line in the league.

Ninja edit: Misinterpreted the OP.

Last edited by StrangeVision: 06-08-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old
06-08-2013, 05:25 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
No way.

Every time I notice Horton along the boards, it always seems it's the other player who ends up with the puck.

He has a great shot but takes too long to unleash it.

A guy with great tools and a lousy toolbox.

He's in a perfect situation for him in Boston - he should stay there.

If someone else offers him $6M a year in UFA they will regret it. If Boston pays him his current rate of ~ 4.5M a year he'll be worth that.

A disgrace that in the best draft in recent memory, the Panthers had two picks, including first overall, and ended up with Nathan Horton & Anthony Stewart.

Campbell has great heart and is great in a limited minutes - fourth line role.

Honestly I miss Seidenberg more than both of them put together.
In bold- **** me, I bet AG gets the same feeling I just did...I think I know what team shall be doing that.

Campbell has been one of the best PKers in the league since he's been doin it for us. Seidenberg is as well.

Old
06-08-2013, 05:32 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:

There sure as hell is bias in everyone, no doubt, and I share your sentiments, but I think Weiss would do it all again. He's home here, ask Lu if he would've extended that contract up there again.

Old
06-08-2013, 06:36 PM
angry_treefrog
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
In bold- **** me, I bet AG gets the same feeling I just did...I think I know what team shall be doing that.

Campbell has been one of the best PKers in the league since he's been doin it for us. Seidenberg is as well.
I don't know of any team that would make such a bad free agent signing.

Old
06-08-2013, 08:05 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
I don't know of any team that would make such a bad free agent signing.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! !!

Old
06-08-2013, 09:53 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

At this point I think it'd be pretty tough to not go with Horton and Campbell.. But there is definitely potential for that to change.

Old
06-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Campbell never played as well here as he does with the Bruins, except for that one year. He was always painfully dull to watch. He does well in Boston because he's very insulated and probably plays with more passion and motivation because he's on a perennial contender. More power to him, he just wouldn't be the same player here.

As for Horton, meh. He's a good player but we already knew that. He wanted to get out so what's the point of wondering. Playing with Krejci and Lucic definitely makes him look pretty good. Bjugstad has the potential to be as good, and as a centerman, which is more valuable. Oh, and he's 6'6".

I really don't lose any sleep thinking about this trade.

Old
06-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:

I think it's pretty hard to say that since several other Panthers didn't do the same.

Old
06-08-2013, 10:26 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Campbell never played as well here as he does with the Bruins, except for that one year. He was always painfully dull to watch. He does well in Boston because he's very insulated and probably plays with more passion and motivation because he's on a perennial contender. More power to him, he just wouldn't be the same player here.

As for Horton, meh. He's a good player but we already knew that. He wanted to get out so what's the point of wondering. Playing with Krejci and Lucic definitely makes him look pretty good. Bjugstad has the potential to be as good, and as a centerman, which is more valuable. Oh, and he's 6'6".

I really don't lose any sleep thinking about this trade.
that might sum it up the best.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:02 AM
pantherbot

If you're asking whether or not, given hindsight, I would do the same trade, I'd say yes.

Horton wanted out and we were going into rebuilding mode. There was really no point in keeping him on our team. What would it have accomplished? Maybe a few more points in the standings? I can't see us being in a much different position than we are now, except we would have a more disgruntled Horton instead of a promising Bjugstad.

Campbell is a great role player, but again he would have been wasted. He would help us kill PK's and add character, but for what? We weren't competing for anything.

So yes, given the situation we were in, entering a rebuilding phase, I think it was the right move and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherbot View Post
If you're asking whether or not, given hindsight, I would do the same trade, I'd say yes.

Horton wanted out and we were going into rebuilding mode. There was really no point in keeping him on our team. What would it have accomplished? Maybe a few more points in the standings? I can't see us being in a much different position than we are now, except we would have a more disgruntled Horton instead of a promising Bjugstad.

Campbell is a great role player, but again he would have been wasted. He would help us kill PK's and add character, but for what? We weren't competing for anything.

So yes, given the situation we were in, entering a rebuilding phase, I think it was the right move and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.
Yep, and a UFA Horton also, who would've left anyway.

Closed Thread