HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New lineup and some thoughts...

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 11:43 AM
StoneSoul

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to StoneSoul
New lineup and some thoughts...

I know there are some feelings around the board that PL has made some bad deals lately and overpayed. Mayby he has. But looking at our team, i cant say im to sad.

Lets take a look at our lineup, when healthy mind you.

Tanguay Forsberg Hejduk
Kariya Sakic Selanne/Konowalchuk
Gratton Nikolishin Selanne/Konowalchuk
Brigley Hahl Hinote

If Forsberg is injured, Sakic takes his spot, Niko moves to the second line C while Gratton takes the third line C spot with one of Hahl/Hinote moving up to the third line...

Imo we have a great mix of scoring and fiesty players. The bottom two lines, are among the best we have had, and a Gratton Niholishin Konowalchuk line is really exciting...Obviously, the bottom two lines might change around alot, but the mix is the same and Gratton, Niko, Kono, Hahl and Hinote is a great group. It reamins to be seen what Gratton will bring to the team, and while im not hoping for him to be a top notch power forward, i do think he will bring a element that Avs have been missing, a big guy downlow that can do some damage around the net..

On defense, its looks like this..

Blake Skrastins
Foote Liles
Boughner Vaananen
Extras: Sauer

Big ang physical, and with some very good two way defenders in Blake and Liles, and somewhat Foote who has developed a pretty good transition game.

After the playoffs, Boughner will be gone and Sauer will take his place. I think though, that if Sauer along with Vaananen can be the steady stay at home defenders touted to be, i think we are in great shape. We would have one of the best top 6 D core we have ever had, and it should be around for a long time.

Now, if we could just get coach Q to make the team play a Blues oriented system, i think this franchise would be in great shape for many years..

Also, one last point. Im really hoping the Avs can use the last few games to rally around and become a team. As it has looked lately, it has been a bunch of individuals skating around out there. If this team can come together and be a tight bunch, this playoffs could be really intresting. If not, it wont really matter who we traded for or didnt trade for..

Old
03-09-2004, 11:46 AM
StoneSoul

Send a message via ICQ to StoneSoul
Just remeber that Barnaby trade...Put him on the 4th line with Hahl and Hinote...What and awesome energy line !!

Old
03-09-2004, 11:51 AM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSoul
Just remeber that Barnaby trade...Put him on the 4th line with Hahl and Hinote...What and awesome energy line !!
it's a perfect pest/grind line... i love that...

the 3rd is a nice checking (with that little bit of scoring) line...

I like the team now...
And we might've overpaid...
although I think all the prospects weren't signed...

Closed Thread