HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EK: Rangers looking into Vinny Lecavalier

Old
02-06-2009, 12:48 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
EK: Rangers looking into Vinny Lecavalier

Yeah yeah yea I know E3

Is it worth it? What would you deem the return to Tampa for a truly ELITE forward?

Have to figure Gomez/Drury is part of the package

Plus

Staal? Dubi? Grachev? Sanguinetti? Picks?

02-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

As I said in the trade rumor board, without Staal, this team's defense goes into the toilet.

No doubt other teams can put together a better package and I really don't see the point if Gomez is going the other way. I thought the idea of trading Vinny was to clear salary?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 12:53 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
As I said in the trade rumor board, without Staal, this team's defense goes into the toilet.

No doubt other teams can put together a better package and I really don't see the point if Gomez is going the other way. I thought the idea of trading Vinny was to clear salary?
Yup...

Staal is untouchable, even for Vinny.

Teams would die for a #1 dman like we will have with Staal for the next 10+ years hopefully.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 12:54 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:

They clear 3 mill ?

Or turn Vinny into Gomez and Staal.

Id pass on Vinny at that $$$, but that Elite talent is tempting.

<<spoiled Ranger fan

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 12:55 PM
JerseyRangers

If TB is trading Vinny then there is no way they take back a guy with a worse contract in Gomez or Drury. We'd have to give up Staal and then figure out a way to move one of Gomez/Drury to another team. Like usually the wonderul Eklund doesn't allow something simple like reality to jump into his fantasy world. Something tells me that Eklund is like Tatoo on Fantasy Island "Zee trade boss, zee trade".

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 12:59 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Anyone but Henrik and Marc and the deal is done. I'd be willing to part with a couple of firsts, Gomez or Redden, Dubi, and Sangs or MDZ.

we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
They clear 3 mill ?

Or turn Vinny into Gomez and Staal.

Id pass on Vinny at that $$$, but that Elite talent is tempting.

<<spoiled Ranger fan
I think Vinny only makes half a mil more per year (cap hit wise), but I guess they save money in the long run. Maybe it makes more sense than I thought initially.

Still, realistically you're looking at Gomez, Staal and a first this year as a starting point. You'd probably have to include one of Sanguinetti or MDZ to combat Montreal's apparent willingness to gut their entire roster to acquire Vinny.

As good as Vinny is, I just can't wrap my head around Staal going to another team. He's going to be the best d-man this team has had since Brian Leetch. Hell, he's probably that already.

Old
02-06-2009, 01:00 PM
levski87

Why would Tampa Bay send out LeCavalier to us and take on Gomezs/Reddens contract which is only about a mil shy from Vinnys.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Why would Tampa Bay send out LeCavalier to us and take on Gomezs/Reddens contract which is only about a mil shy from Vinnys.
Half the term?

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Garbage, ask yourself this, why would you trade one of the best players in the league for one of Gomez or Drury? Bingo, it's complete and utter ********

Hollywood Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:13 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
Half the term?
Plus when you consider the actual payment of the players, Lecavalier is just about to hit a stretch of three years where he's being paid $10 million. Gomez' contract gets him paid 8, 7.5, and 5 million. I'm not sure what the financial situation is in Tampa, but they'd definitely be saving a lot of cash by taking on Gomez.

we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:15 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I'm sure every team in the NHL is looking into Lecavalier. Doesn't mean a serious offer will be put forward.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

I'm so sick of Lecavalier rumors.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
Garbage, ask yourself this, why would you trade one of the best players in the league for one of Gomez or Drury? Bingo, it's complete and utter ********
The move clearly isn't fueled by talent. Vinny is one of the best in the game, so why trade him at all unless it's an issue of money?

They'd be swapping 85 mil over the next 11 years, for 33.5 mil over the next 5. That's over 50 million dollars back in the pocket of the owners. That's huge.

Not to mention they get a future 1st pairing d-man, a first round pick in a very deep draft, and most likely an additional prospect in return for one guy.

Old
02-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:

Out of curiosity, would you make

Drury, Staal, Sangunetti, 1st

for

Lecavalier

trade in the offseason?

If your worry is we are trading a our #1 defenseman (although i think Rozsival helps Staal an awful lot.) would you do it in the offseason?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Legs Feed the Wolf

id do it...this team needs scoring, im sick of this team playing defensive and not getting anything to show for it....package staal with dubi or staal with gomez for vinny..then deal for svatos or somehow get avery...we have DZ and Bobby Sang coming up in the wings, with anisimov and PAP up and coming leading 4 and 5th in the AHL in scoring

Legs Feed the Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Synergy27

I mentioned this on the trade board, but was there not a time that ****** (I won't write his name and contribute to his search hits) rumors were banned on this board? If not, can we institute a Rangers board policy banning them? I hate hearing about this crap.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Quote:
The move clearly isn't fueled by talent. Vinny is one of the best in the game, so why trade him at all unless it's an issue of money?

They'd be swapping 85 mil over the next 11 years, for 33.5 mil over the next 5. That's over 50 million dollars back in the pocket of the owners. That's huge.

Not to mention they get a future 1st pairing d-man, a first round pick in a very deep draft, and most likely an additional prospect in return for one guy.
I agree with what you're saying about the cash the owners would save, but I think other teams can offer up something better/cheaper for Vinny.

Old
02-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Fletch

SoS...

I don't make that trade. I'm not saying that more would have to be given up, but for the Rangers, it's just too much. That trade gets the team its number one centerman, great. It loses Staal, who I disagree with you on as Staal has had way too many good games, even when Rozsival was struggling. I think Staal's had his share of gaffes this season and has slumped on occasion, but I think the kid has a ways to go since he's only around 21.

The first round pick is a killer too. This team still lacks young talent that aren't grinders and 5/6 defensemen. Same for Sangs.

If you took Staal out and changed the first to a second, then perhaps I'd listen, but I doubt Tampa would listen.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
I mentioned this on the trade board, but was there not a time that ****** (I won't write his name and contribute to his search hits) rumors were banned on this board? If not, can we institute a Rangers board policy banning them? I hate hearing about this crap.
And ban anything from *********** too, complete garbage they post. I remember back during the Friday of the Canadian Thanksgiving they reported Shanny re-signed with the Rangers, not that they were talking they reported done deal, then as the weekend went on they kept making up stuff about how the signing would take more time then they never got back to the situation. They post garbage non-sense like eklund too, that's basically my point.

Old
02-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Staals Eye
What me worry?

IF Vinny goes any where, it will be to Montreal......

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Out of curiosity, would you make

Drury, Staal, Sangunetti, 1st

for

Lecavalier

trade in the offseason?

If your worry is we are trading a our #1 defenseman (although i think Rozsival helps Staal an awful lot.) would you do it in the offseason?
I don't know. Despite Vinny's tremendous talent, it's an awful lot to give up. Staal makes his fair share of mistakes, but playing against the best forwards in the world night after night is damn impressive. Take his age into account, and it's even more impressive.

It's not so much the timing of the deal that bothers me, it's the long-term impact of doing so. It really comes down to Staal being such a large part of our future on the back-end. If I thought we had the means to fill his role on the blue-line, it might make the deal more feasible.

I'd also prefer to move Gomez over Drury, but if that was the difference between getting a deal done, I'd be less partisan. I think Drury, despite the criticism, provides more than Gomez.

Old
02-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Garv23

I have no idea how this would be remotely possible, but man would I love to have this guy on the team.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
I agree with what you're saying about the cash the owners would save, but I think other teams can offer up something better/cheaper for Vinny.
You're probably right, I don't think we'd be on Tampa's short list when it came to the offer, but it does at least make some sense in the long-run.

Old
02-06-2009, 01:47 PM
GarretJoseph*

I'd do it. Only if it was...

Gomez
Prucha
Voros
Pissmiller
Kalinin
5th round pick

for Vinny L.

basically our garbage for a salary dump I'm guessing on T.Bays POV.

It would then be easier for T.Bay to deal everybody except Gomez and just use him as the #1 Center.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote