HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Columbus Dispatch: Possible CBJ trade targets? (All centers)

Old
02-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Polaris
Cold as Ice

vCash: 50
Quote:
KEITH TKACHUK, C, ST. LOUIS BLUES
Comment: A risky move, as Tkachuk can be a dressing room distraction.
Tkachuk most likely won't waive his NTC to go to Columbus, so he should be at the bottom of that list (since it's based on likelihood).

Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 03:25 PM
grabo84

vCash: 500
I would place Staal a lot higher than Filatov.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:06 PM
kingpin_19

Isn't Tkachuk a LW?

kingpin_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Polaris
Cold as Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin_19 View Post
Isn't Tkachuk a LW?
He was a full-time center last season and started playing there again full-time this season when McDonald went down.

Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:11 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Moo View Post
That list makes very little sense.

How do you go from top 6 forwards like Tkachuk, Antropov, and Weight to guys like Bonk, Marchant and Reasoner. So what it's saying is, the Jackets are desperate and will take any center available.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno12 View Post
Staal for Filatov straight up.

I didn't realize the Leafs had Staal to trade.

I guess HF Boards posters must have been right with the Kaberle for Staal and a 1st prediction that has been heard so many times.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:25 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Want Gomez and Redden for a pick?

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
That list makes very little sense.

How do you go from top 6 forwards like Tkachuk, Antropov, and Weight to guys like Bonk, Marchant and Reasoner. So what it's saying is, the Jackets are desperate and will take any center available.
I think the thought process is that Howson might pull a Williams v2.0 trade and shop at the Salvation Army going for a Reasoner/Bonk option.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 09:05 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

The CBJ is also now looking for another goalie, per the Puck-Rakers blog. Not sure what for, though I guess a little extra depth couldn't hurt.

Mason is still playable & Dubie will start tomorrow night in Pittsburgh, for the record.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 09:13 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
Want Gomez and Redden for a pick?
I think you're stuck with Wade. He basically said "thanks, but, umm...no" to us this summer & signed with you guys.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 09:21 PM
The Gaud Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Klesla for Lombardi. Do it Scotty!
I would have done that deal at the beggining of the season, but not now. He's the main piece of a very effective line of Glencross-Lombardi-Moss. He's playing really good right now too. The only way Lombardi gets traded is for a top 4 d-man or a real 2nd line center that can play on the top line.

The Gaud Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Klesla for Lombardi. Do it Scotty!
I concur... except from a Flames point of view

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulj43r View Post
I would have done that deal at the beggining of the season, but not now. He's the main piece of a very effective line of Glencross-Lombardi-Moss. He's playing really good right now too. The only way Lombardi gets traded is for a top 4 d-man or a real 2nd line center that can play on the top line.
Klesla is a top 4 defenseman... injuries have hurt him this season but he is big and only 27 while being signed to a modest contract... I would snap him up in a minute if I were Sutter

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 12:06 AM
chef223

Antropov, Toskala , Van Ryn to Columbus
Leclaire, Russell, Torres and a first to Toronto
I don't see Columbus moving Filatov or Brassard, Voracek might be had for the right price but I don't think that Columbus is going to be on Kaberle's list of ten. Columbus gets an experienced goalie a puck moving defensemen and a top six forward to play with Nash. Toronto gets a young goaltender, I know somewhat injury prone, a young defensmen, some grit in Raffi and a first pick to help kick start the rebuild.

chef223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 12:27 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
I didn't realize the Leafs had Staal to trade.

I guess HF Boards posters must have been right with the Kaberle for Staal and a 1st prediction that has been heard so many times.
How do you know this guy is a leafs fan? What's wrong with him making a proposal for players from other teams? What's wrong with the proposal that doesn't merit an honest and useful response? What does this have to do with Kaberle?

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:57 AM
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth

Antropov

for

Klesla
2nd '09

Was a rumor I heard by Doug Maclean. I didnt know what to make out of it. I dont know much about Klesla. The 2nd '09 looks good enough though.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 08:51 AM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsabil View Post

Antropov

for

Klesla
2nd '09

Was a rumor I heard by Doug Maclean. I didnt know what to make out of it. I dont know much about Klesla. The 2nd '09 looks good enough though.
I think it's a bit much for Antropov but Klesla's value is tough to gauge at the moment. Like Lunatik said he is a top 4 forward on a good contract for another year. But he does have a bit of an injury history and hasn't lived up to his draft potential.

If the 2nd in '09 could be a conditional pick in '10 (2nd if Antropov resigns or 3rd if he doesn't) then I'd definitely do the trade.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

I don't understand why Portzline, listing players in order of likelihood, starts with a good player on a team that is playing lights out hockey this season. Is Lombardi really on the market? Why on earth would the Flames deal him, in the midst of such a strong season for the club?

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Filatov+1st for Savard in the offseason???

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef223 View Post
Antropov, Toskala , Van Ryn to Columbus
Leclaire, Russell, Torres and a first to Toronto
I don't see Columbus moving Filatov or Brassard, Voracek might be had for the right price but I don't think that Columbus is going to be on Kaberle's list of ten. Columbus gets an experienced goalie a puck moving defensemen and a top six forward to play with Nash. Toronto gets a young goaltender, I know somewhat injury prone, a young defensmen, some grit in Raffi and a first pick to help kick start the rebuild.
Drop Russell and replace him with Methot and make the first a second and there might be some discussion. Otherwise Columbus is overpaying for that package.

Kev22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Tarmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydawg View Post
I think it's a bit much for Antropov but Klesla's value is tough to gauge at the moment. Like Lunatik said he is a top 4 forward on a good contract for another year. But he does have a bit of an injury history and hasn't lived up to his draft potential.

If the 2nd in '09 could be a conditional pick in '10 (2nd if Antropov resigns or 3rd if he doesn't) then I'd definitely do the trade.

I don't think the Leafs will want a deal that is weighted on Antro resigning with the team he is traded to, I think they will try to resign him in Toronto. No source, not link just what I think/hope.

Tarmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 09:37 AM
smokie24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
I don't understand why Portzline, listing players in order of likelihood, starts with a good player on a team that is playing lights out hockey this season. Is Lombardi really on the market? Why on earth would the Flames deal him, in the midst of such a strong season for the club?
Of all the forwards on the Flames with some value, Lombardi is probably closest to being on the market. I don't know if anyone knows for sure, as Sutter is notoriously tight lipped, but as much as he has been a very, very useful player, he probably can bring in the most for Calgary, without having too much of an impact on the roster as a whole. Flames fans, and possibly the organization, always seem to be expecting a little bit more than he currently provides. I am sure he can provide it, but it just may not be with Calgary.

That being said, Klesla has always been intriguing to me. I don't know about his offensive abilities though. Are there any? The way our defencemen played last night it sure looked like we could use a steadying presence, but ultimately it would be great to have another d-man with some offensive skills.

smokie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokie24 View Post
Of all the forwards on the Flames with some value, Lombardi is probably closest to being on the market. I don't know if anyone knows for sure, as Sutter is notoriously tight lipped, but as much as he has been a very, very useful player, he probably can bring in the most for Calgary, without having too much of an impact on the roster as a whole. Flames fans, and possibly the organization, always seem to be expecting a little bit more than he currently provides. I am sure he can provide it, but it just may not be with Calgary.

That being said, Klesla has always been intriguing to me. I don't know about his offensive abilities though. Are there any? The way our defencemen played last night it sure looked like we could use a steadying presence, but ultimately it would be great to have another d-man with some offensive skills.
See bolded: This makes him the perfect exchange for Klesla.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 10:25 AM
smokie24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
See bolded: This makes him the perfect exchange for Klesla.
Yup, I agree. That is why he is the most likely Flame to get dealt, it would seem.

Assuming Klesla's injury problems have passed, what kind of offence does he bring to the table?

smokie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 10:25 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Dougie for Teddy Ruth.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokie24 View Post
Yup, I agree. That is why he is the most likely Flame to get dealt, it would seem.

Assuming Klesla's injury problems have passed, what kind of offence does he bring to the table?
Not as much as folks would like, which was my point. When healthy he was not getting opportunities to play in scoring situations. It's a chicken-and-egg situation, though, that can be argued both ways. I also think he has a pretty good shot, but we don't see it much and when we do it often doesn't get through.

His strengths are play along the boards, shot blocking and PK. He's not a big hitter in that he's always looking to lay the wood, but he is capable of a hard hit, especially at the blue line.

CBJ HF-ers are split on Rusty, although most, I think, like him and what he brings. The question is are his skills redundant on a team that has Tyutin, Commodore and Methot as "two-way" defensemen? Which may, of course, make him redundant on other squads as well.

You want a guy who generally won't hurt you, can log a bunch of minutes when healthy and is a ringer on the PK, Rusty's your man.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote