HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

moore broken neck :(

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 11:59 AM
#44_delivers

vCash: 500
moore broken neck :(

:mad: for shame bertuzzi

he should seriously go to jail or be out as long as moore is where is the justice, i hope we see it soon

Old
03-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Wow... Just saw it on Sportsnet. That's really really bad. I really feel for the guy.

Bert is an idiot. I really thought highly of him before yesterday. Nucks Cup hope are now gone.

Old
03-09-2004, 12:02 PM
rib71

its unfortunate .................... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Old
03-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Jacques Strappe

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers

he should seriously go to jail or be out as long as moore is where is the justice, i hope we see it soon

Bertuzzi should at least not play another game this year - including playoffs!

Old
03-09-2004, 12:10 PM
romain_jaime

Disgusting, this is by far worse then McSorley trying to take Brashears head off with his stick.

To me, this should be a MAJOR suspension on Bertuzzi as well as heavy fines on both him AND the Canucks.... The team should also be responsible for their employees actions.

I would even go as far as saying his career in the NHL should be seriously questioned after that blatant attempt to cause injury.

I hope he feels like shiet !

Old
03-09-2004, 12:11 PM
BJCOLLINS

WOW....why did Bert go so nuts I didn't see the game I only saw the replay? I hope the kid is going to be OK. Bert is going to be strung up for this one, man thats brutal!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-09-2004, 12:13 PM
habsfansam

i've always thought that if you can say there was intent to injure that a player should miss as much time as the player he injures plus face fines and further suspension... i really don't care to see bert play again. Irrespective of the Canucks playoffs hopes (and really, while i'm canadian and love to see canadian teams perform well... i almost hope that they get an early exit to drive home the point that in a team environment coaches and teammates just can't allow players to take on a self-policing, mob mentality... it's too dangerous) this incident is a huge black mark that will seriously affect fans and players everywhere.

All my best wishes out to Steve Moore... he is a bright kid, and hopefully he can resume a normal life without physical and mental repercussions of this horrible incident. My sympathies to his family members who must be terrified right now, and his teammates who must now deal with such a range of emotions.

Old
03-09-2004, 12:20 PM
#44_delivers

there are thoughts of charges being laid on bertuzzi - source sportsnet

charge him!!!
this is not hockey

Old
03-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Catala

Send a message via MSN to Catala
Quote:
this is not hockey
Agreed

Old
03-09-2004, 12:27 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
TSN: Criminal investigation are underway

Old
03-09-2004, 12:34 PM
TheZodiac

I hope Mark Crawford is also charged, he instigated the whole thing.

Old
03-09-2004, 12:49 PM
GilleZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZodiac
I hope Mark Crawford is also charged, he instigated the whole thing.
I dont think Mark Crawford is responsible for that, they tried to fight with him, so that could be the fault of Crawford, but not a vicious shoot like Bertuzzi.

Shame on Bertuzzi, I'm happy that they could put criminal charges on him, and i hope he dont play until Moore comes back.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:14 PM
tnq

it is barbarian, i hope he will be out for good, we don't need that jerk.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
What a bad day for hockey :mad: Bertuzzi is such a tool!

I hope he is dealt with severly! Hopefully Moore has a speedy recovery.

Old
03-09-2004, 02:07 PM
Medicine Twin

It's sad that the first thing we always do in this society when something goes wrong is point fingers and dole out punishment. It was the same story after Snyder's tragic death.

I'm happy that the Colorado Avalanche Organization has shown so much class in this situation. LaCroix, Granato, and others are concerned about Moore's health first and have thus far brushed off any questions concerning punishment to Bertuzzi. I have a new found respect for that team.

You know what I think the league should do? Find the best way to prevent such an incident from happening again.

Old
03-09-2004, 02:15 PM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Twin
It's sad that the first thing we always do in this society when something goes wrong is point fingers and dole out punishment. It was the same story after Snyder's tragic death.

I'm happy that the Colorado Avalanche Organization has shown so much class in this situation. LaCroix, Granato, and others are concerned about Moore's health first and have thus far brushed off any questions concerning punishment to Bertuzzi. I have a new found respect for that team.

You know what I think the league should do? Find the best way to prevent such an incident from happening again.
Yes and we know how to do that dont we. You have to punish the guilty to the max. Tha is what is done in the real world and it should not be any different in sport!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Medicine Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by larue
Yes and we know how to do that dont we. You have to punish the guilty to the max. Tha is what is done in the real world and it should not be any different in sport!!!!!!!!!
And does it work in the real world? No. Punishment does not deter crime, whoever told you that should give their head a shake. I not saying Bertuzzi shouldn't be punished, but my main concern is Moore's health.

Who are we to say what happens to Bertuzzi?

Old
03-09-2004, 02:46 PM
larue*

Quote:
And does it work in the real world? No. Punishment does not deter crime, whoever told you that should give their head a shake. I not saying Bertuzzi shouldn't be punished, but my main concern is Moore's health.

Who are we to say what happens to Bertuzzi?
If Bertuzzi wants to get even for that incident you go face to face with Moore and then you start pounding his head in you dont sucker punch anybody it is unfair. And it would be unfair if he gets away with that!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-09-2004, 02:58 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:

The two are not mutually exclusive. We should be looking for ways to prevent this in the future, but the league should punish Bertuzzi now.

Also, I doubt that Tony Granato was as "classy" last night when he went home and talked about this to his wife as he appeared to be in his by-the-numbers press conference. Just a hunch.

Old
03-09-2004, 03:09 PM
Medicine Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
The two are not mutually exclusive. We should be looking for ways to prevent this in the future, but the league should punish Bertuzzi now.

Also, I doubt that Tony Granato was as "classy" last night when he went home and talked about this to his wife as he appeared to be in his by-the-numbers press conference. Just a hunch.
He probably wasn't... but a mans first reaction to an incident when he's enraged and how he feels when he's had time to think it over are quite different. Is Granato holding things back or has he thought it over and decided to be civil about it. Only Granato knows.

Like I said already, I'm not saying Bertuzzi shouldn't be punished.

Old
03-09-2004, 03:49 PM
mcphee

First off, I don't see how Bertuzzi can play again this year. Playoffs ? Colin Campbell gets paid for that and I think he'll be pretty severe. He has to be held responsible for his actions along with the results of his actions.
The whole incident and the reaction swirling around it reminds me of a 1960's Dylan song called 'Who killed Davey Moore ?' It was the story of a boxer who died as a result of injuries suffered in the ring. Each verse asked who was responsible and in turn, the crowd, ref, trainer and opponent denied responsibility claiming they were doing their jobs and giving the paying public what they demand. The answer to the question is that we are all guilty. The song applies in my opinion, as we have created a sports culture that creates this. After the Naslund hit, the public and media poured gas on the fire already coming out of the Canuck dressing room. There had to be retribution, the spotlight had to be on that game, because if there was going to be an incident, we wanted to see it. We cried about some type of code or unwritten rule that had been broken and how Vancouver must take care of 'business'. We debate whether hits like Moores could have happened in the old days, we claimed that Dave Semenko and Gordie Howe would have dealt with this, and we cried about the instigator rule. Bertuzzi gets it in his head that it is his job to be an avenging angel and we see the results. Bertuzzi did it and now he's going to pay a steep price for a long time, so will his team and their fans. Find the song on the internet and you may get my point. I've seen a lot of cheap shots and they've involved a lot of players in the roughly 40 years I've watched this sport. I don't recall the stretcher coming out too often in what we call 'old time hockey'.

Old
03-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleZ
I dont think Mark Crawford is responsible for that, they tried to fight with him, so that could be the fault of Crawford, but not a vicious shoot like Bertuzzi.

Shame on Bertuzzi, I'm happy that they could put criminal charges on him, and i hope he dont play until Moore comes back.
Look at Crawfords smirk during the play. It was like, he got what he deserved.

Old
03-10-2004, 01:23 AM
Habs

Quote:

If that is the case, Ulf Samuelson and Bryan Marchment should get the electric chair.

Old
03-10-2004, 01:28 AM
rib71

bobby clarke to for what he did in 72..............

Old
03-10-2004, 02:55 AM
Quagmier

Quote:
Originally Posted by larue
Just one quick fact:

The homicide rate in states with the death penalty is double that of states without the death penalty.

Attack the source, not the Result!

Closed Thread