HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Moore Has Sustained Neck Fractures

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Teezax

vCash: 500
Despite the adveristy I wouldn't blow off the Canucks season just yet, they've come a long way, and despite the loss of Bertuzzi for likely the year, they can still contend in the WEST. They had issues with the whole Naslund thing last year and still took out a tough St Louis team. Feel bad for Moore though, good thing he can still move. I think the guilt and the suspension wil be punsihment enough for Todd, doubtful they trade him because of this. Emotion in a rivalry is expected, and flared up with a rout like yesterday's but still no excuse for his behaviour.
Hope justice is served, and the hockey world can look past this eventually.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
Why oh why Bertuzzi couldn't you have just given Moore a good clean hard bodycheck, knock the wind out of the guy and call it a night?!?
Oh, you see, it's quite simple. Because bumtuzzi is a stupid stupid individual who is cowardly lacks class.

Clear as day.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Sakic19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
Oh, you see, it's quite simple. Because bumtuzzi is a stupid stupid individual who is cowardly lacks class.

Clear as day.
That's becoming more apparent as the day goes on.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:32 PM
nucks2001

vCash:
Millard on Sportnet mentioned a broken jaw too? can anyone confirm that from elsewhere?

Old
03-09-2004, 01:36 PM
Thalia

I don't think I want to see Bertuzzi in the playoffs this season; I can't bring myself to cheer for him.

Bertuzzi can sit it out til next season, ponder on his punishment and hopefully come back with his head screwed on properly next season, if there is one that is.

In the mean time, maybe Burke will make a big trade today, the team will get a fresh start and it will uplift both the team and its fans.

This is such a sad ending to a wonderful season and a real disappointment for a fan like myself who loves not only this team but the game of hockey.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50

Old
03-09-2004, 01:39 PM
BLACKBURN

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI
Who'd want to get him?
I think he needs a fresh start when this is all over. He is a world class talent, no matter how cheap he is and I believ that once this seasons over he will be traded. Maybe a team like Florida or Dallas would be interested? I dont know, I just feel his time in vancouve is done. As a previous poster mentioned, I actually do have a bit of sympathy for Bert, he obviously didnt intend to cause so much damage. Again im not condoning it but can see both sides of this incidents outcome.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:40 PM
BCCHL inactive

Vancouver Police are apparently going to investigate. There is a briefing going on as we speak.

This is bull****. The NHL has rules and discipline procedures in place for this. The law should stay the hell out of it.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:41 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI
Who'd want to get him?
Stars still need a Hatcher replacement..

Old
03-09-2004, 01:42 PM
soya_sauce_chicken

i heard about this also, but no links... can anyone supply a link??

Old
03-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Sakic19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
Vancouver Police are apparently going to investigate. There is a briefing going on as we speak.

This is bull****. The NHL has rules and discipline procedures in place for this. The law should stay the hell out of it.
Not entirely. A precedent has been set with the McSorely incident. This is way out of the league's hands. Brutal assault, plain and simple.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:44 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Who gives a rat's ass about bumtuzzi right now? It matters very little that he didn't want it to go this far--because regardless of how he feels, it DID go this far and it is ALL his fault.
Yeah, let's all find pitchforks and light our torches...

Old
03-09-2004, 01:46 PM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakic19
Not entirely. A precedent has been set with the McSorely incident. This is way out of the league's hands. Brutal assault, plain and simple.
That precedent should have never been set. McSorley getting charged was just as much a load of crap as Bertuzzi getting charged would be.

This happened in an NHL game, it is an NHL issue, and should be handled by the NHL alone.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Stuy

The Solicitor General will address the media this a.m. re charges.

Burke is addressing the media at 12:15 BC time.

03-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van

Fanfreakingtastic. Even if the charges are dropped, bumtuzzi deserves all the negativity associated with this.

I don't know how criminal justice is handled in Canada, but in the US, there are three essential elements of a crime which warrants criminal investigation.

1. Was a crime committed? Technically yes, however in the context (an NHL game), this is going to be the controversial one which is the hardest to come to a conclusion on.
2. Who did it? Bertuzzi.
3. Prove it. Ok

Old
03-09-2004, 01:48 PM
LuckyLUC20

My prayers are with Steve and his family. I can't imagine what they must be feeling right now.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:50 PM
JCD

This is in the same class as Dale Hunter's attack on Turgeon or McSorely chopping down Brashear. He should get the same type of suspension. 20+ games, done for the year.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:50 PM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
Fanfreakingtastic. Even if the charges are dropped, bumtuzzi deserves all the negativity associated with this.

I don't know how criminal justice is handled in Canada, but in the US, there are three essential elements of a crime which warrants criminal investigation.

1. Was a crime committed? Technically yes, however in the context (an NHL game), this is going to be the controversial one which is the hardest to come to a conclusion on.
2. Who did it? Bertuzzi.
3. Prove it. Ok
I agree 100% that Bertuzzi should have the biggest book in the universe thrown at him....but that book should have an NHL cover on it...not a Province Of British Columbia cover.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Sakic19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
That precedent should have never been set. McSorley getting charged was just as much a load of crap as Bertuzzi getting charged would be.

This happened in an NHL game, it is an NHL issue, and should be handled by the NHL alone.
Your argument still doesn't change the fact it was assault and battery, and probably much more. It doesn't matter if it's done on the street, or a rodeo for that matter. He's got career if not life threatening injuries. I'm not leaving that up to a league office alone.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:53 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Your argument still doesn't change the fact it was assault and battery, and probably much more. It doesn't matter if it's done on the street, or a rodeo for that matter. He's got career if not life threatening injuries. I'm not leaving that up to a league office alone.
That's so much garbage. Tons of stuff goes on in the NHL that's *legal* and would be criminal if committed outside the rink. IE, most Scott Stevens bodychecks.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:56 PM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
His injuries are not life threatening.

It does matter that it happened during an NHL game. They have rules and discipline procedures for things like this, and they don't involve a courtroom.

If the law has any place in the game, there would be hundreds, if not thousands of charges every season for fights, major stick infractions, etc.

Also, fans who have been begging for the Instigator Rule to be scrapped so the players can "police themselves".......is this what you want?

Old
03-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Boxing as well. The question here is, where does society begin and sports end? I'd say that this is an NHL issue as well.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Sakic19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
That's so much garbage. Tons of stuff goes on in the NHL that's *legal* and would be criminal if committed outside the rink. IE, most Scott Stevens bodychecks.
They usually don't end with someone eating lunch from a tube.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:57 PM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
They usually don't end with someone eating lunch from a tube.
Neither did this.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:59 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van

I don't think Bertuzzi should get the equivalent of diplomatic immunity simply because this happened during a game. If this was a non-professional game, you would absolutely have charges filed. I am not saying I agree or disagree with the police getting involved, but that's up to them to figure out.

Closed Thread