HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Moore Has Sustained Neck Fractures

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 02:38 PM
guinness
those were the days

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
Pretty much agree with all said. The only point that raised red flags to me was the mention of the Red Wings' players... I'm sure they'd love to see Bertuzzi out of the playoffs as he is a thorn in their sides.

Not saying that Bertuzzi should be in the playoffs (I'm still undecided right now) but I'm reluctant to take seriously anything coming from Red Wings' players.

Although, Shanahan's interview seemed very candid. He thinks Bertuzzi will not play for the rest of the regular season and part of the playoffs.
Jeez, take off your rose-colored glasses for once...there comes a point were any player, from any team can see the incident for what it is, if Chelios had done something stupid like that, I'm want him banned as well, there's no place in hockey for stupid, unnecessary hits like that, Bertuzzi could have killed Moore if he put a little more weight into him, that was an awful, awful hit on Moore.

Old
03-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Rotting Corpse*

Send a message via AIM to Rotting Corpse* Send a message via MSN to Rotting Corpse*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
Oh, you see, it's quite simple. Because bumtuzzi is a stupid stupid individual who is cowardly lacks class.

Clear as day.
Not to mention selfish.

BTW, Your status isn't exactly the example of class either.

edit: I apologize, it wasn't your status, it was sakic19's.

Old
03-09-2004, 02:40 PM
rulin

All the best to Steve and his family. He didn't deserve this ... no one does. I hope his recovery goes well. My thoughts are with him.

Old
03-09-2004, 02:48 PM
DuckyCanuck

I hope Moore gets better.

I've heard its two fractured vertebra, broken jaw, concussion and facial cuts.

http://www.cbc.ca/pcgi-bin/templates...vs-canucks0308

Old
03-09-2004, 02:52 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness
Jeez, take off your rose-colored glasses for once...there comes a point were any player, from any team can see the incident for what it is, if Chelios had done something stupid like that, I'm want him banned as well, there's no place in hockey for stupid, unnecessary hits like that, Bertuzzi could have killed Moore if he put a little more weight into him, that was an awful, awful hit on Moore.
I've never once condoned Bertuzzi's actions and I've stated many times that he should get a long suspension; possibly even sitting out the entire year so there's no rose-coloured glass on here. I don't why you're getting all hissy.

I just said that I'm skeptical when it comes to players of opposing teams suggesting that Bertuzzi sits out of the playoffs; I'm skeptical about most things until I'm firmly convinced. I don't think that's a bad way to be.

I even said, that I'm undecided myself as to whether I think Bertuzzi should be allowed to play in post-season, so again, I don't know what your problem is.

Old
03-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
Vancouver Police are apparently going to investigate. There is a briefing going on as we speak.

This is bull****. The NHL has rules and discipline procedures in place for this. The law should stay the hell out of it.

the league doesn't do enough to prevent things like this. THe officiating and law of the NHL is garbage. It starts from the top down.....I dont think todd bertuzzi should step on the ice again this year. This is just as bad as McSorely as this was2 predmeditated..

Old
03-09-2004, 03:34 PM
st_roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
Pretty much agree with all said. The only point that raised red flags to me was the mention of the Red Wings' players... I'm sure they'd love to see Bertuzzi out of the playoffs as he is a thorn in their sides.

Not saying that Bertuzzi should be in the playoffs (I'm still undecided right now) but I'm reluctant to take seriously anything coming from Red Wings' players.

Although, Shanahan's interview seemed very candid. He thinks Bertuzzi will not play for the rest of the regular season and part of the playoffs.

You got to be kidding me. Do you think that statements by the Red Wings players have any effect on the penalty the league will be delivering? Do you think they believe that? I sure don't. You have complained endlessly about Canuck fans being criticized for no reason, well in this post you give people plenty of ammo. You're so blinded by your bias for the Nucks, its really sad. Steve Moores life could be ****ed forever by the selfish actions of Todd Bertuzzi and you're not sure if Bertuzzi should be in the playoffs.

Old
03-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
the league doesn't do enough to prevent things like this. THe officiating and law of the NHL is garbage. It starts from the top down.....I dont think todd bertuzzi should step on the ice again this year. This is just as bad as McSorely as this was2 predmeditated..
While the league has rules they actually encourage or at least condone everything that lead up to this incident (NOT THE INCIDENT ITSELF).
They, the league and Canucks, DESERVE a police investigation of this matter. While Bertuzzi is FULLY responsible for HIS actions, the League, Canucks and perhaps Crawford should be accountable as well.

Old
03-09-2004, 04:13 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Two people are responsible and should be held accountable: Todd Bertuzzi and Marc Crawford. Both should be dealt with by the league, and Bertuzzi should also be dealt with by the law.

Old
03-09-2004, 04:14 PM
Mats_Hallin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyfan
While the league has rules they actually encourage or at least condone everything that lead up to this incident (NOT THE INCIDENT ITSELF).
They, the league and Canucks, DESERVE a police investigation of this matter. While Bertuzzi is FULLY responsible for HIS actions, the League, Canucks and perhaps Crawford should be accountable as well.
What did the league and the Canucks do?
It was Bertuzzi and Bertuzzi alone who did this.

Old
03-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Breck Av

Crawford had the shoe on the other foot in 1997. He saw his team, Colorado, receive payback from Darren McCarty in Detroit one week after the Wings had a chance to do it in Denver but declined.

After the McCarty/Lemieux incident the Red Wings came together as a team and beat the favored Avalanche in the Western Conference Finals on the way to their first Cup since 1954.

I have no doubt in my mind that Crawford wanted to recreate that scenario on home ice, getting retribution on Moore (who in no way was as culpable as Claude) and making his group tighter as a team. Unfortunately for Crow it backfired big time. He's going to lose his second best forward for the playoffs and himself looked like an idiot with the smirk on his face.

Crawford had no qualms about trying to get after the 60+ year old Scotty Bowman on March 26th, 1997. He certainly didn't seem as enthused when Tony Granato and Rick Tochett were the ones bearing down on him last night. It's always easier to bully a geriatric.

I appreciate Crawford coaching the city of Denver to its first major sports championship but I've lost all respect for him the past two weeks.

Old
03-09-2004, 04:34 PM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats_Hallin
What did the league and the Canucks do?
It was Bertuzzi and Bertuzzi alone who did this.
They set the stage.

Old
03-09-2004, 04:45 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
Vancouver Police are apparently going to investigate. There is a briefing going on as we speak.

This is bull****. The NHL has rules and discipline procedures in place for this. The law should stay the hell out of it.

dude you must be stupid the police should be involved loo at what he did to the poor kid bertuzzi is nothing but a punk :mad: ,2 cracked vertabes and a broken jaw poor moore hope he is ok, his brother dominic moore is on the nyr he must be a mess also...
lets go rangers we got umberger ... best prospect out of evertone we got except for balej

Old
03-09-2004, 04:47 PM
Mats_Hallin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyfan
They set the stage.
Maybe for retribution but not lame sucker punches. Big difference.

Old
03-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Av
Crawford had no qualms about trying to get after the 60+ year old Scotty Bowman on March 26th, 1997. He certainly didn't seem as enthused when Tony Granato and Rick Tochett were the ones bearing down on him last night. It's always easier to bully a geriatric.
Bowman shut up the twirp with one statement, "You do realize your daughter is watching you right now". Crawford shut up right away.

Old
03-09-2004, 04:59 PM
DJ Spinoza

All I have to say about this is I really hope the NHL has the guts to throw the book at Bertuzzi hard. Make him an example.

Old
03-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Teemu

so lets see, neck fracture? that ups the probable suspension for bertuzzi from 2 games to 3

NHL's not gonna give much of a penalty for this, because Bertuzzi is, well, Bertuzzi.

Old
03-09-2004, 05:02 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Av
Crawford had the shoe on the other foot in 1997. He saw his team, Colorado, receive payback from Darren McCarty in Detroit one week after the Wings had a chance to do it in Denver but declined.

After the McCarty/Lemieux incident the Red Wings came together as a team and beat the favored Avalanche in the Western Conference Finals on the way to their first Cup since 1954.

I have no doubt in my mind that Crawford wanted to recreate that scenario on home ice, getting retribution on Moore (who in no way was as culpable as Claude) and making his group tighter as a team. Unfortunately for Crow it backfired big time. He's going to lose his second best forward for the playoffs and himself looked like an idiot with the smirk on his face.

I appreciate Crawford coaching the city of Denver to its first major sports championship but I've lost all respect for him the past two weeks.
Is that you, Adrian?

Old
03-09-2004, 05:03 PM
DuckyCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
If the league did something about it in the first place Moore would've recieved diciplinery action in the for his bordline hit on Naslund.

As far as saying it's the same a McSorley, the situation that it arose out of was different. This wasn't an assault with a deadly weapon (unless something is changed and a gloved hand is a dangerous weapon). Bertuzzi is a way different player also who generally stays away from fights.

If you watched the entire game there was numerous things going on all over the ice all night. The announcers couldn't even keep up with all the behind extra curricular activities (For the lack of a better expression.).

It was a very bad cheap shot, that cannot be denied. There will be a punishment doled out by the NHL.

No real hockey fan or player wants to see another player go down like that. Bertuzzi apparently is emotionaly distraught- That doesn't help Moore in his predicament, or his familly who have had an equally rough time with this.

I think the wait and see approach should be adopted or consider the events leading up to the hit before people start throwing around what they think should happen.

Old
03-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Laperriere22*

I don't know; I've been watching some of the replays from my tape of the 3rd period and I just don't get the impression that Crawford's smirk was in any way a smirk of satisfaction at Bertuzzi's actions. Maybe it's because I believe Crawford isn't at the level of a neanderthal and thus he understands that what Bertuzzi did is just not something you can tolerate at any level of the sport. I love passion and hatred and intense rivalries, but you can't support Bertuzzi's actions, Canuck or not. You can support the man, but you can't support Bertuzzi the player. I can't wait to hear Bertuzzi speak up and take some responsibility for this. I vividly remember McSorley's words after what he did and he was sincerely disturbed by his own actions. I won't believe Bertuzzi is "suffering" until I see it myself. He should be feeling like crap, but that doesn't necessarily mean he really is.

And even if Bertuzzi has to deal with his own anguish, so what? Why should anybody feel sorry for him or cut him one iota of slack? And I'm referring to Van here and his earlier post in the thread. Screw Bertuzzi; anybody that lacks enough self-control not to do what he did doesn't deserve any slack or sympathy.

Old
03-09-2004, 05:13 PM
Sakic19

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ryan
Not to mention selfish.

BTW, Your status isn't exactly the example of class either.

edit: I apologize, it wasn't your status, it was sakic19's.
Excuse me? Could you direct me to the post you're referring to.

Old
03-09-2004, 05:14 PM
DuckyCanuck

I can support Bertuzzi as a player.

I dont support the cheap shot he pulled in the heat of the moment.

Old
03-09-2004, 05:20 PM
guinness
those were the days

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing
All I have to say about this is I really hope the NHL has the guts to throw the book at Bertuzzi hard. Make him an example.
While I would like the NHL to do that, I share Teemu08's cynicism, the league is so inconsistent on how it handles suspensions, an incident that may only get a game may get multiple games instead, other suspensions don't seem long enough. Other thing to consider is the NHL's image and how it will affected after this incident and public opinion on the NHL as a large market sport, ie for years, most people only thought of hockey as a bunch of players that just got into fights, will this create more negative stereotyping?

Old
03-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Mats_Hallin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyCanuck
Bertuzzi is a way different player also who generally stays away from fights.
First of all, Marty is a stand up guy and an enforcer who disliked when Brashear taunted the Boston bench, and Brash did it numerous times. Marty wanted to fight Brash again despite losing clearly the first time and Brash just mouthed him off in a blow out. And we all know what happend next. Marty said he wanted to hit his shoulder but who knows.

The thing is Bertuzzi's sucker was way worse, and so what if Bert picks on little
guys and barely fights and when he do fight. It's not with someone like Brad Brown who he should have fought by now. As for him being dirty without dropping the gloves, is that a good thing who makes him less eligble to recieve a long suspension?

Bert's fightcard the since the 99-00 season:

1/29/2004 St. Louis Blues Scott Mellanby
11/11/2003 Minnesota Wild Willie Mitchell
12/21/2002 Edmonton Oilers Steve Staios
10/26/2002 Dallas Stars Philippe Boucher
12/15/2001 Detroit Red Wings Jiri Fischer
10/13/2001 Colorado Avalanche Rick Berry
2/24/2001 Ottawa Senators Shane Hnidy
2/17/2001 Edmonton Oilers Jason Smith
10/18/2000 Calgary Flames Steve Smith
1/28/2000 San Jose Sharks Owen Nolan

Old
03-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyCanuck
I can support Bertuzzi as a player.

I dont support the cheap shot he pulled in the heat of the moment.
The argument most are making was that it wasn't in the heat of the moment. It was premeditated.

It's one thing to just go nuts and attack someone in a scrum or a collision, it's another to chase them around the ice and THEN attack them.

Quote:
If the league did something about it in the first place Moore would've recieved diciplinery action in the for his bordline hit on Naslund.
Please tell me what was wrong with the hit. Interference doesn't warrant a suspension.

It was borderline interference because of where the puck was and absolutely CLEAN if you notice that Naslund was reaching for the puck and was in an extremely precarious position to be decked.

His elbow was tucked. He stayed on his feet. He hit Naslund from the front. End of story.

Closed Thread