HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers working on a deal to re-acquire Avery

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2009, 11:11 AM
hlundqvist30*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Ok, Let's try this: If Sather is thinking about bringing Avery back, the Rangers have bigger problems than I thought.
And that is based on what? Because he made fun of Dion Phaneuf?

You witnessed yourself how good he was for the Rangers. I fail to see what you're talking about.

Old
02-06-2009, 11:31 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Ok, Let's try this: If Sather is thinking about bringing Avery back, the Rangers have bigger problems than I thought.

The Rangers DO have bigger problems that you think, obviously.

Your comments are ignorant, because no one is saying anything about him being a savior or Sather expecting him to.

That's like saying the Devils had more problems then we thought last year because they acquired Salvador instead of a scorer.

Obviously the Devils DID have more problems but that's not the argument.

You do what you can to help the team in any way possible.

EVERYONE in the league needs another scoring winger and a defenseman that can move the puck and help the powerplay.

Does Avery address these needs? No.

But he helps the overall team. Much like Salvador did.

Old
02-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Your comments are ignorant,
Read the HF Board rules and stay away from the personal attacks. Plus, your logic is weak at best. Avery is a locker room cancer and his Ranger baby-sitter is now a Devils, but if Sather wants him back and all you Ranger fans are on board, great! Enjoy his return.

Old
02-06-2009, 11:39 AM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Read the HF Board rules and stay away from the personal attacks. Plus, your logic is weak at best. Avery is a locker room cancer and his Ranger baby-sitter is now a Devils, but if Sather wants him back and all you Ranger fans are on board, great! Enjot his return.
Pure conjecture at best. Show me the proof of either of those two statements.

Old
02-06-2009, 11:42 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Read the HF Board rules and stay away from the personal attacks. Plus, your logic is weak at best. Avery is a locker room cancer and his Ranger baby-sitter is now a Devils, but if Sather wants him back and all you Ranger fans are on board, great! Enjoy his return.
Personal attacks? For calling you ignorant?

You're probably a liberal.

Locker room cancer? In LA? Sure. In Dallas where the team refused to give him a chance? Maybe. Not in New York. He might've irritated players but if you read my post earlier in the thread you'd know that I DON'T CARE how much he pisses the players off when they're not on the ice. They should've played better without him.

And if it's too hard for you to hear someone call your post ignorant, go back to YOUR board.

If anyone has the right to call your comments on Sean Avery ignorant, it's a RANGERS fan who watched him every second he was here. Especially when the person making the comments is a DEVILS fan who has animosity towards him.

Ignorant.

Old
02-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Personal attacks? For calling you ignorant?

You're probably a liberal.

Locker room cancer? In LA? Sure. In Dallas where the team refused to give him a chance? Maybe. Not in New York. He might've irritated players but if you read my post earlier in the thread you'd know that I DON'T CARE how much he pisses the players off when they're not on the ice. They should've played better without him.

And if it's too hard for you to hear someone call your post ignorant, go back to YOUR board.
This is the main board, not the Ranger board. But since it seems like you have this man-crush on Avery and can't accept any criticism about him, when it’s been well documented, maybe it's you who should stick to the Ranger board and do your there.

Old
02-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
This would be a monumental mistake.

Avery + Shanahan=Avery at his best
Avery + No Shanny= Rags season blown to bits-->>Renney fired.

I could see why Renney haters would like to bring Avery back to NYR though.
I agree but then who the heck knows really. Fact is that the Rangers went less than all out to keep Avery. That could be some indication of his effect on the team mates around him.

What the evil part of me would love to see is that the Rangers re-acquire Avery and hell promptly follows. The Rangers locker room goes in the trash. The team struggles for the rest of the season, but manages to eek out a birth. They play the Debs in the first round, but go down 3-0. At MSG in game four, Avery starts in with Marty and gets his arse kicked by Shanny.

Debs fans serenade the Rangers and their fans on home ice.

On the Rangers bench Avery can be seen yelling at team mates and coaches.

Rangers lose series 4-0.

Avery is booed and flips the fans the bird as he heads to the Rangers locker room.

Maybe that would FINALLY teach some folks a lesson.

If it looks, smells, and tastes like cancer...well it's probably cancer.

Old
02-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Etienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesURchickenFLY View Post
First off let me say I'm couldn't be happier it would mean he is gone from Dallas.

That being said I think the Rangers will actually be getting a great player this year. He will be more focused than he has been possibly since he entered the league, like he should have been when he signed that absurd contract with Dallas. If it will carry on into following years I'm not convinced, but this year at least I think he will be a good addition for NY. Win-win for both teams (well as much as it can be for the Stars with having to pay half his contract, but he is gone so it is a win in my book).
Are you sure about that? Part of what makes him effective is because he had a mean streak. The Avery soap opera this year is nowhere as bad as Bertuzzi's, but poor Todd was never the same once he took the sandpaper part out of his game.

Whatever anger management therapy he took, the guy loves to be in front of a camera more than playing hockey. If it works out for the Rags, good for them. I'd watch Devs - Rags games for sure. However, as Habs fan, I hoped that little SOB would stay in the West....

Old
02-06-2009, 12:00 PM
InPriceWeTrust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I agree but then who the heck knows really. Fact is that the Rangers went less than all out to keep Avery. That could be some indication of his effect on the team mates around him.

What the evil part of me would love to see is that the Rangers re-acquire Avery and hell promptly follows. The Rangers locker room goes in the trash. The team struggles for the rest of the season, but manages to eek out a birth. They play the Debs in the first round, but go down 3-0. At MSG in game four, Avery starts in with Marty and gets his arse kicked by Shanny.

Debs fans serenade the Rangers and their fans on home ice.

On the Rangers bench Avery can be seen yelling at team mates and coaches.

Rangers lose series 4-0.

Avery is booed and flips the fans the bird as he heads to the Rangers locker room.

Maybe that would FINALLY teach some folks a lesson.

If it looks, smells, and tastes like cancer...well it's probably cancer.
Ha, worst post yet.

I'm sorry to tell you but the Rangers are gonna grab one of the last playoff spots with or without Avery.

And the Rangers were very interested in keeping Avery, just not for the price Dallas offered him, and for good reason, Dallas overpaid.

Old
02-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Garv23

at this actually happening. Rangers don't need Avery and his retarded sideshow.

Old
02-06-2009, 12:05 PM
InPriceWeTrust

Quote:
This is the main board, not the Ranger board. But since it seems like you have this man-crush on Avery and can't accept any criticism about him, when it’s been well documented, maybe it's you who should stick to the Ranger board and do your there.
Whats wrong with a man crush on avery?

Its not that he cant accept criticism, its just that yours is worthless.

Old
02-06-2009, 12:12 PM
DevilDog

Avery is a disgrace to hockey. He has no honor or respect for the game or other players. The NHL is better off without him in it.

If the Rangers want to lay down with dogs in their desperation to salvage their season one can only hope they wake up with a nasty case of fleas.

Old
02-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by InPriceWeTrust View Post
Whats wrong with a man crush on avery?

Its not that he cant accept criticism, its just that yours is worthless.
Right back at you buddy. And it's new posters like yourself that's dragged down this forum!

Old
02-06-2009, 12:27 PM
InPriceWeTrust

Quote:
Right back at you buddy. And it's new posters like yourself that's dragged down this forum!
Keep telling yourself that.

Old
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
How many times hes posted really has no bearing on what he says. You stated earlier that he is nothing but a locker room cancer and that Shanny was his babysitter, I asked for proof, yet have seen none.

Old
Etienne

Quote:
Perhaps you need to join Avery in his anger management program? Why do you care so much anyway, it's pretty clear you're a Devils fan and you think Avery is trash. If anything, Avery with the Rags should be a desirable thing for you, unless you haven't got over his little dance in front of Brodeur and calling him a fatty.

Old
02-06-2009, 12:28 PM
The Big Jankowski

Is it safe to say The Rangers are going back for sloppy seconds???

Old
02-06-2009, 12:29 PM
InPriceWeTrust

Quote:
Ive been on these boards for years?

Sorry I dont have 8 thousand useless comments like yourself.

Have you not noticed that every thing you post, gets an immediate quote, and someone tells you how much of a moron you are.

Old
02-06-2009, 12:31 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dion#3 View Post
Is it safe to say The Rangers are going back for sloppy seconds???
Seriously -- I've been refreshing this thread all morning waiting for someone to say that.

Old
02-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Given the possibility that the Rangers could wind up playing the Devils in the first round (really, just about any matchup is possible in the East at this point), re-acquiring Avery would seem to be a decent move for the Rangers if for no other reason than to use him to hopefully get Brodeur off his game.

Old
02-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
That's enough of this.