HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Manny Legace

Old
02-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Mr Dangles
I double dare you.

vCash: 500
When the going gets tough.... Legace doesn't.

Overachieved last year, and underachieving this year. This could be a turning point for the Blues.

Mr Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 12:53 PM
State of Hockey

Wasn't expecting this one. You'd think someone would pick him up.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 12:53 PM
CH4

Where is Schwartz in the blues' depth chart now?

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:01 PM
camarodude39

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
I was wondering if by he would consider coming back with a spot opening up, but he would still be nothing more than a backup at either Peoria or Alaska.

Lamareaux(sp?) has been great for Alaska and will stay their #1. Bishop gets the #1 spot in Peoria, and if Manny clears, then he will backup Big Ben in Peoria. Still doesn't really give Schwarz consistent playing time at any level.

camarodude39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:04 PM
BlueBeard

Quote:
In Europe, and not coming back soon, if ever. Schwartz couldn't put it together in the ECHL this year. Getting back to the AHL would be a big step for him much less coming in as a backup anytime soon.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

Quote:
Didn't he just sign in Europe?

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Cappo40*

Would TOR pick him up?..He'd be an upgrade over CUJO and Toskala..

Pick him up, waive CUJO..

Cappo40* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Jeffro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post
Manny hasn't just been bad this year, he's been a b*tch. He made a lousy comment to the media about the play of our rookie defenseman Roman Polak a while back after a loss, which was in extremely poor taste b/c the kid was our steadiest d-man all year before he got hurt. I've heard reports that he didn't show up to a morning skate on the road during one of his many strings of poor play. He's been whining about not getting a longer extension for 12 months and was clearly insulted that the Blues brought in a guy who had 2 more years on his contract (in Mason) during the summer.

Instead of showing the Blues they made a mistake by bringing in a "backup" with a high-price tag by having a good year this year, he pulled the "woe is me" attitude since training camp and his play reflected that. Management clearly had enough and Detroit was the final straw. Wasn't part of the future, though I admit waiving him is a drastic move. But Manny can give the "I gave my heart to the orginization and this is what they do to me" routine...but the fact is that he wrote his own ticket out of town.
Amen. Good riddance.

Jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappo619 View Post
Would TOR pick him up?..He'd be an upgrade over CUJO and Toskala..

Pick him up, waive CUJO..

More like Trade Toskala to Detroit for Conklin, Helm, pick

Deal CuJo to Calgary

Pick up Legace

then they have Legace, Conklin and when Conklin is a FA next yr they can give Pogge the job

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:39 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustoff View Post
There's more to this story than people know.............
He and Murray got into a scrap? Wouldn't surprise me. Murray is a total ********.

Jackets have to seriously be looking at this. If Dubi is sub-standard today, it would be negligent not to issue a claim on him.

Dubi is not only trying to get a win tonight, but auditioning to NOT be replaced.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Jeffro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
He and Murray got into a scrap? Wouldn't surprise me. Murray is a total ********.

Jackets have to seriously be looking at this. If Dubi is sub-standard today, it would be negligent not to issue a claim on him.

Dubi is not only trying to get a win tonight, but auditioning to NOT be replaced.
He and Rick Wamsley got in to it pretty good a few weeks ago, and there were rumors of some dissatisfaction with the medical staff.

Jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Parrish

Send a message via MSN to Parrish
I reallyy don't see why everyone is so shocked. Legace makes 2.5 million and hasnt played well at all.

Also he wont be claimed. Everyone always thinks these guys will be claimed and I don't understand that either. Sanford cleared, and he is much cheaper then Legace. Honestly I liked Sanford more then Legace when they both played on the Blues.

Regardless I'm happy about this movce. I hope Legace is sent down and Bishop is brought up. Or atleast Legace is traded after clearing waivers much like McIver was. Bishop has earned a chance to play. He also played pretty well on his few short callups.

Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 02:01 PM
bluesandhuskiesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrish View Post
I reallyy don't see why everyone is so shocked. Legace makes 2.5 million and hasnt played well at all.

Also he wont be claimed. Everyone always thinks these guys will be claimed and I don't understand that either. Sanford cleared, and he is much cheaper then Legace. Honestly I liked Sanford more then Legace when they both played on the Blues.

Regardless I'm happy about this movce. I hope Legace is sent down and Bishop is brought up. Or atleast Legace is traded after clearing waivers much like McIver was. Bishop has earned a chance to play. He also played pretty well on his few short callups.
Nope, Blues have recalled Chris Holt.

bluesandhuskiesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 02:08 PM
coolhandluke2410
"BleedBlue44"

Send a message via AIM to coolhandluke2410 Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandluke2410
JD on Manny

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/mor...-manny-legace/

coolhandluke2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 02:32 PM
TheWestWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
That's what happens when you go from a 2.41 GAA and .911 SV% to a 3.18 GAA and .885 SV% in a year.
Exactly! And even Babs said NoGood Osgood sucked pud the other nite.

Oh wait - you're still talking about Manny right?

TheWestWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Hanson Brothers

I just find it hard to believe that St. Louis would be comfortable with Mason as their starting goalie. Okay, he's had a couple of good games lately, but this guy ****ted the bed last year as a starter in Nashville and currently nobody even remembers that this guy did not win a game in 1,5 months between Dec and mid-Jan.

Hanson Brothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 02:37 PM
The Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chootoi View Post
sarah palin will do that to ya

The Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 02:38 PM
The Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisToLeafsNation View Post
I'll be really surprised if someone passes on him.
And I'll be really surprised if someone passed wind on him

The Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 02:44 PM
soupisgoodfood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
More like Trade Toskala to Detroit for Conklin, Helm, pick

Deal CuJo to Calgary

Pick up Legace

then they have Legace, Conklin and when Conklin is a FA next yr they can give Pogge the job
Toskala isn't worth crap right now. Keep him till he's good enough for someone to bite on a deal. Or the end of his contract, whichever comes first.

soupisgoodfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 02:49 PM
blue bleeder 24-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post
Manny hasn't just been bad this year, he's been a b*tch. He made a lousy comment to the media about the play of our rookie defenseman Roman Polak a while back after a loss, which was in extremely poor taste b/c the kid was our steadiest d-man all year before he got hurt. I've heard reports that he didn't show up to a morning skate on the road during one of his many strings of poor play. He's been whining about not getting a longer extension for 12 months and was clearly insulted that the Blues brought in a guy who had 2 more years on his contract (in Mason) during the summer.

Instead of showing the Blues they made a mistake by bringing in a "backup" with a high-price tag by having a good year this year, he pulled the "woe is me" attitude since training camp and his play reflected that. Management clearly had enough and Detroit was the final straw. Wasn't part of the future, though I admit waiving him is a drastic move. But Manny can give the "I gave my heart to the orginization and this is what they do to me" routine...but the fact is that he wrote his own ticket out of town.
On the nose. Manny's play and attitude are why he's leaving. Not one or the other. He played way outside of his capabilities last year, and this year he's back to average "back-up" status. this guy is not an all-star, and his career is most likely over in the next two years, if this year isn't the last. He's 36, and very close to "done."

Go ahead and claim him, wouldn't hurt to have a goalie ruining some other team's chances of the post season to improve ours.

blue bleeder 24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 03:00 PM
TOML

Prediction: Detroit will pick him up, dust him off, pay him pennies and watch him lead their team to another cup win next season.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Parrish

Send a message via MSN to Parrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesandhuskiesfan View Post
Nope, Blues have recalled Chris Holt.
That means nothing.

In a few days he could be sent down and Bishop up.

Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 03:23 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Yea, this isn't just a "rough patch." Legace has lost them several games this year singlehandedly. If he thinks the difference between playoff position and last place constitutes a "rough patch," then good riddance.

As far as I'm concerned, this is not the same Manny Legace who played for the Blues last year in any capacity: as a teammate, as a guy who loves the game, as a competitor, or as a guy who is worth a contract. At least when Lalime sucked he had a decent attitude about it. If last year's Manny showed up just as a teammate and a hockey player who loves his job, I would be sad to see him go. But even when he has only himself to blame, he acts like the organization stabbed him in the back.

F***ing shameful.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 03:25 PM
JenDub33

Leafs could use him .. we currently don't have a goalie

JenDub33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 03:27 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Manny has been temperamental for several months now, with some poorly chosen comments to the media, etc. The deal with his knee surgery was handled poorly, too. At a time when the Blues are McGyvering a squad each night and playing full-effort hockey, he just isn't showing up. That would be bad, but not necessarily waivable. But he's called out rookie defensemen in the media, continued to whine about contract status and openly pouted about things even on the bench during a game.

I'm just a fan with no inside quotes, but even from this far away its clear he is walking around with a dark cloud hanging over his head.

The waive has to do with his effect on the locker-room and the situation with Chris Holt (CHRIS HOLT!!). There you have a surprise guy who's played very well in the AHL who is a RFA. Bishop is the guy for the future, but he needs to be the AHL starter next year. He's not ready yet. Holt may be a possibility as the back-up for next season. There is really only one way to find out.

Legace may report to Peoria, but it won't be to 'clear his head' and come back up. He's gone for good.

I do think another team could do well to take a chance on him. He's UFA next season, so if it doesn't work out there isn't much lost. He has the capability to play solid NHL hockey and help a team. The change of scenery may be enough to motivate him. He has every reason in the world to be motivated right now and try to earn a contract somewhere. I'm not convinced he'll do that, but I think he could be a low risk moderate reward for someone trying to incrementally improve their playoff chances.

If Chris Holt doesn't work out, the Blues will need to be players on the FA goalie market (or possibly work some kind of deal).

One thing about the Blues right now, there is incredible chemistry...despite all the hard-luck injuries and misfortune. The team is playing for the playoffs, even though many fans have already given up. Manny's negativity is so much the more glaring in light of this.

As a Blues fan I have to applaud the tough call here. It can't be easy to tell a guy he's going on waivers in a situation like this, but I think Manny made it necessary.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote